[WiP] Slow Advance- Iron Hands plog

Stix

• 4 weeks later...

Saw your sergeant posted somewhere on FB the other day and immediately saved it to my phone for future reference. A hundred million internet points to you, because your scheme is great, and there's so much gold in this thread that I must have just missed up until this point! Also, I'm so pleased you posted your black recipe here, because I'm totally going to thieve it. :ph34r.:

Speaking of outright theft, the white on your Vindicators is fantastic, and I'm at a loss about how to replicate something like that for my Ultramarines. Any chance you could share your method?

Thanx a lot guys!

Saw your sergeant posted somewhere on FB the other day and immediately saved it to my phone for future reference. A hundred million internet points to you, because your scheme is great, and there's so much gold in this thread that I must have just missed up until this point! Also, I'm so pleased you posted your black recipe here, because I'm totally going to thieve it. :ph34r.:

Speaking of outright theft, the white on your Vindicators is fantastic, and I'm at a loss about how to replicate something like that for my Ultramarines. Any chance you could share your method?

I have changed my recipe for black, now is little bit easier:

1.Black basecoat
2. Airbrush some highlights with Tamya Nato Black
3. Use pencil (soft one, like 6B) or silver pigment to do some edge highlighting and then use finger (or Eye shadow applicators) to smear it over some parts You want to be weathered.
4. Dark brown oil wash
5. pencil again
6. Ultra mat coat airbrushed on the parts that you would like to be mat black

When it comes to white I airbrushed army painters white with a little bit of olive green paint over chipping medium. I am not sure what happened exacly but the layer was quite thick, when it dried it gave me that cracked effect. I washed it lightly with wet brush to chip it a little bit. Then i added more chipping with sponge (black and then little bit of typhus corrosion) and then streaking effects. I hope it helps!

Sergeant almost ready. Waiting for only tactical arrow decal on shin, weathering powders and base. And maybe crest on top of the helmet...

gallery_101573_15121_710392.jpg

c&c welcome :smile.:

Lovely work, absolutely great! Personally I’d forgo the crest on the helm unless you feel he needs another spot colour?

BCC

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I would call it a day but I am not quite sold on those bases (got them from ebay). They are nice sculpts but trim looks a little bit messy. Thus I have not apply pigments and weathering to the legs yet. ;) I am thinking about changing to some simpler bases (light brown cracked earth, some stones). :confused:

DSC03169

DSC03163

DSC03184

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's good to see this guy painted, you've done a sterling job, as per. I'm really tempted to do my Iron Hands Terminators in this style now, not sure if they'll be running as Gorgons or a retinue, but it's such a brutal look that fits the legion's aesthetic so well.

That is beautiful! Great job!

Thanks!

It's good to see this guy painted, you've done a sterling job, as per. I'm really tempted to do my Iron Hands Terminators in this style now, not sure if they'll be running as Gorgons or a retinue, but it's such a brutal look that fits the legion's aesthetic so well.

Thank you! Yeah it is such a simple kitbash but it works great. Stock gorgon's legs make them look very weird IMO.