[WiP] Slow Advance- Iron Hands plog

Stix

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

These are fantastic-looking models. You've really done them justice!

Yes. I have only added that cog motif on lower part of legs, some tubes (but mosty at their backs when i think about it :biggrin.: ) and those optical devices above their heads.

Is there any chance you could please go into more detail about this step? What do you use to add the cog motif? Are the tubes made out of greenstuff? What kind of optical devices have you been using?

Thank you so much! :)

Sure. Cog motif is super easy, I just glued those flexible decal strips from zinge (https://www.zinge.co.uk/collections/flexible-resin/products/flexible-decal-strips-large-medium-small-castellations-x-10 ). Tubes ae indeed greenstuff, I am using greenstuff world's roll maker ( http://www.greenstuffworld.com/en/roll-maker/69-roll-maker-tube-wire-machine.html ). For all  optics on top of the carapace I used bionics from some servoskulls. I have just carved them out and glued to my gorgons :D

Hope it helps, if you have any more questions feel free to ask :)

Stix, my dude, these (the Gorgon heads and Immortals wholesale) are absolutely awesome.  Seriously, they're incredible.  

My group's hoping to set up a Black Book 30K 'marathon', doing every single mission and campaign, and start a new army for each book.  I think you completely sold me on Iron Hands for Istvaan V.  These are the perfect scale model Iron Hands look that have a ton of character and are visually fantastic as they aren't just 'black and silver marines'.  

Bit of a question, how do you find the graphite behaves with varnish?  Always curious as the powders and usual additives I use tend to really mute everything down to a pretty significant degree.  May have ta hit ya up for the white recipe some time as man that's a perfect 'At twilight' look. 

Seriously rockin' work mate!