Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Abyss Class (new download)

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Logos_Historica_Verita

Logos_Historica_Verita

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1 posts
File Name: Abyss Class<p>File Submitter: Logos_Historica_Verita</p >
File Submitted: 30 Dec 2018
File Category: Other Downloads
article for new website
Click here to download this file

Edited by Jolemai, 31 December 2018 - 06:06 AM.
Title edited

malika666

malika666

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,069 posts
So what is this?
  • Panzer and RipOffProductions like this

Bits Blitz - the place to be for all your bits needs!

Troll Forged Miniatures

Sciror

RipOffProductions

RipOffProductions

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 555 posts

So what is this?

I also want to know what this is, no picture or even description, and "Abyss class" doesn't help sense that's not a name of anything in 40K I've ever heard of(even if it sounds like something the Imperium would name something).

I'm expecting some sort of 3D printable model either recreating some long out of production kit, or something from lore that's never gotten one.

but I'm not downloading anything until I know exactly what it is.

• Honda, Hellex_The_Thanatar and Panzer like this

Honda

Honda

++ HOSTICUS PLAUSTRUM ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,549 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

I suppose it could be a bespoke ship for BFG. Those show up every now and then on ebay and Shapeways.

but I'm not downloading anything until I know exactly what it is.

This.

Posted Image

"All those rumors about us being intolerant and stubborn really just evolved from our history. We're actually just a fun bunch of guys who enjoy burning witches" - Anon

Magpie Knight

Magpie Knight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 317 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords

I downloaded it and looked at it. It's an image of an in-universe page (yellowed paper, wax seal, flowery script, Mechanicus stationary) describing Abyss class ships. Abyss class ships are those few super-huge ships that the Word Bearers commissioned from the Mechanicum, including the Furious Abyss.

• DarKnight and Joe like this

Stormxlr

Stormxlr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 425 posts

This is the image that been uploaded.

1U0WrrP.jpg

Edited by Stormxlr, 01 January 2019 - 01:50 PM.

• DarKnight likes this

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,841 posts
This is cool but why?
  • Juggernut likes this

Battybattybats

Battybattybats

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,452 posts
So the Abyss class looks like the old Space Fleet plastic imperial ships?... Interesting.

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,841 posts
Is this a low key BFG tease?

Burni

Burni

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,248 posts
Hehe GW is trying some serious viral marketing.

And as I want Battlefleet Heresy, I’m down with it!

Shadowseer

Shadowseer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 92 posts
  • Faction: Eldar
I don't think this is official GW material. The weapon system section has a pretty bad typo (psionic mine's, and not mines). GW stuff usually has better proof-reading.

Iron_Within

Iron_Within

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,009 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors
The abyss class were the subject of the word bearer Horus heresy novels, "battle for the abyss" and "betrayer". All three mentioned in the document are those ones from the novels. They were, after the phalanx, the largest and most powerful human ships the galaxy had ever seen
http://wh40k.lexican...i/Furious_Abyss

gallery_29004_9303_844.png

“From Iron cometh strength. From strength cometh will. From will cometh faith. From faith cometh honour. From honour cometh iron. This is the Unbreakable Litany. And may it forever be so."

The 144th Grand Company "The Reforged" fight in the http://alephsector.blogspot.co.uk/

Doghouse

Doghouse

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,913 posts

I still have those ships.

Crizza

Crizza

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 239 posts
  • Faction: Knights Templar

But the Abyss class was described as bigger than a Gloriana class battleship and they clock in with around 20km in length.

Stormxlr

Stormxlr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 425 posts

I don't think this is official GW material. The weapon system section has a pretty bad typo (psionic mine's, and not mines). GW stuff usually has better proof-reading.

No they dont, plenty of typos in BL novels and my DA codex is filled with errors.

• MARK0SIAN likes this

MARK0SIAN

MARK0SIAN

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,797 posts
Yeah, the typo doesn’t mean anything, GW stuff is littered with typos and mistakes. I don’t even think it gets proofread with the amount of mistakes you find.

gallery_86689_11936_21517.pngsml_gallery_48988_16053_22349.png

Xenith

Xenith

++ NETATOR FEROCIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 11,708 posts
The image of the ship isn't GW. Since when (recently) have GW made poor images, or described anything there isn't a model for.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageXX

++ The Baalite Feast of Blades 2016; 2018 ++

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 22,329 posts
  • Faction: VIIth Legion
I've removed all of the posts that aren't about the download content. The discussion needs to be about the file content. The only reason this one is still at the top of the forum's first page is because people keep posting off topic replies.

As for the Abyss class of ship, if there's an issue that anyone really wants to discuss, a better place to have that discussion would be in the Age of Darkness forums. If you have a question about the class of ship and want to discuss it, go ahead and create a new topic there, perhaps linking back to this one. This topic is a support topic for the file. If there is no support needed for the file (i.e., you're not identifying anything that the creator might want to take into account for a revision), don't post anything.

It's pretty simple, folks.

gallery_26_548_13550.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_548_4494.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_6764_14592.pnggallery_26_6764_3621.png

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users