Abyss Class (new download)

So what is this?

I also want to know what this is, no picture or even description, and "Abyss class" doesn't help sense that's not a name of anything in 40K I've ever heard of(even if it sounds like something the Imperium would name something).

I'm expecting some sort of 3D printable model either recreating some long out of production kit, or something from lore that's never gotten one.

but I'm not downloading anything until I know exactly what it is.

I suppose it could be a bespoke ship for BFG. Those show up every now and then on ebay and Shapeways.

but I'm not downloading anything until I know exactly what it is.

This.

I downloaded it and looked at it. It's an image of an in-universe page (yellowed paper, wax seal, flowery script, Mechanicus stationary) describing Abyss class ships. Abyss class ships are those few super-huge ships that the Word Bearers commissioned from the Mechanicum, including the Furious Abyss.

The abyss class were the subject of the word bearer Horus heresy novels, "battle for the abyss" and "betrayer". All three mentioned in the document are those ones from the novels. They were, after the phalanx, the largest and most powerful human ships the galaxy had ever seen

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Furious_Abyss

I don't think this is official GW material. The weapon system section has a pretty bad typo (psionic mine's, and not mines). GW stuff usually has better proof-reading.

No they dont, plenty of typos in BL novels and my DA codex is filled with errors.

I've removed all of the posts that aren't about the download content. The discussion needs to be about the file content. The only reason this one is still at the top of the forum's first page is because people keep posting off topic replies.

As for the Abyss class of ship, if there's an issue that anyone really wants to discuss, a better place to have that discussion would be in the Age of Darkness forums. If you have a question about the class of ship and want to discuss it, go ahead and create a new topic there, perhaps linking back to this one. This topic is a support topic for the file. If there is no support needed for the file (i.e., you're not identifying anything that the creator might want to take into account for a revision), don't post anything.

It's pretty simple, folks.

Archived