Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Mini the year 2018

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

Aramis K

Aramis K

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 521 posts
  • Faction: Ω XX Ω
GW poll for mini of the year 2018 is up:

https://www.warhamme...omepage-post-2/

What do we all think?

Personally it would have to be one of the AoS centerpiece minis; Morathi or Eidolon, but in the end I voted for the Knight of Shrouds on Ethereal steed.

But keeping it 40k and it feels much harder.
We've got the Knight Armiger, the Ork scrapjet, and obviously the kill-team dog.

But I'm going for the Kroot from Blackstone fortress. Because horray for xeno mercs.

QTqtDxu.jpg
  • DarKnight and sfPanzer like this
I'm on Instagram as Aramis_esq

Mentor Legion, Deathwatch, and bastard geneseed log
"Officially, they were designated the Unnumbered Sons of the Primarchs, but they called themselves the Greyshields. They were the new sons of old science, and they had no fraternity but their own."

My Heresy Alpha Legion log - XX in progress

Kobrakei

Kobrakei

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 873 posts
  • Faction: Crimson Shrikes/Dark Angels

I think 40k wise either of the new Rogue Trader models would be my choice, they're both great looking and a welcome dive into the Imperium that we don't normally see.

In the whole, it's got to be Morathi. Just a fantastic model.

• Honda and Red_Shift like this

'For nine days and nine nights I hung from the spines of that great tree, my blood awash with toxins, my mind awash with visions. Where brothers died, I was reborn. This is what it is to be a warrior of the Thorn Wreath'  - Jor Yestine, I Company, Crimson Shrikes Adeptus Astartes

A Dark Song - A collection of armies

Redmeption At All Costs - Dark Angels Fifth Company

Instagram

gallery_70393_10089_14170.png

Azaiel

Azaiel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 210 posts
  • Faction: Deathwatch

The Ork Hot rod got my vote.

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,453 posts
  • Faction: Knights of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

I voted for the Noise Marine but it was a really close fight for top mini with the Kroot merc, yeah. ^^

• TheHaplessHeretic likes this

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpg

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,122 posts

Captain General of the custodes. what a pimp.

Soldier of Dorn

Soldier of Dorn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,461 posts

I backed the Great Unclean One. Really nice update of the unit -- arguably nicer than the Bloodthirster and the Lord of Change that preceded it. A lot of nice releases from GW, though: there wasn't really a wrong choice in the whole bunch (well, there probably was, but I've likely purged it from my mind.)

• Subtleknife likes this

gallery_78067_11287_41024.pnggallery_78067_11287_2164.pnggallery_78067_11287_16564.png

For the light of Sol, and the earth of Terra, we stand. For the oaths we made, we stand. For the blood in our veins, we stand.
For the stones laid by our ancestors, we stand. For the days that have passed and the days that shall come, we stand.
For the living and the honour of the dead, we stand.

"Marines aren't soldiers, they're monks whose prayers are murder." - Haugesen, 12 June 2019

Honda

Honda

++ HOSTICUS PLAUSTRUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,549 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

I'd have to say it appears that a lot of the really creative design work seems  to be going to the  AoS side of the house. That may be due to the need  to re-develop that universe, but AoS has come out  with some pretty amazing stuff of late.

I ended up voting for the Eidolon Sea guy. A very clever model and a pretty wild concept for an army.

• Toxichobbit and Spiritual Liege like this

gallery_15184_7227_34669.jpg

"All those rumors about us being intolerant and stubborn really just evolved from our history. We're actually just a fun bunch of guys who enjoy burning witches" - Anon

Toxichobbit

Toxichobbit

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,394 posts

I agree with Honda. While there's been some really nice 40k models this year. AoS stuff is so much more interesting. Both the Deepkin and the Nighthaunt are fantastic ranges that are full of imaginative designs. While the 40k stuff has been solid, it's mostly been more of the same. What I mean is we're just seeing further refinement of existing concepts, rather than taking a range in a new direction (Nighthaunt and the new Goomspite Gitz) or something completely new (Idoneth Deepkin and Karadron Overlords). I'm really hoping that once the re-design of Sisters is complete and all the other races are fully updated to 8th that we see GW do something completely new and unexpected for 40k, on the level of the stuff they've been doing for AoS. Sadly we'll probably just see more Primaris.

My vote went to Lady Olynder, but on another day it could have been one of several other Nighthaunt models. The entire range is glorious.

• Honda and Sandlemad like this

Robbienw

Robbienw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,601 posts
AT Warlord for me. An incredible model, so much detail, probably one of GWs most technically advanced kits.

40k wise it would have to be the custodian wardens.

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,659 posts

I'd have to say it appears that a lot of the really creative design work seems  to be going to the  AoS side of the house. That may be due to the need  to re-develop that universe, but AoS has come out  with some pretty amazing stuff of late.

I ended up voting for the Eidolon Sea guy. A very clever model and a pretty wild concept for an army.

Yeah. It was hard for me to choose ANY model. I ended up voting for the Noise Marine, because yes.

And that's only because the newly revealed Troggoths come out NEXT year :lol:

Omnissiah

Omnissiah

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 69 posts
  • Faction: Adeptus Mechanicus & Necrontyr

Too many fine models and paintjobs to pick just one. The fantasy ones are simply fantastic. 
I'm biased towards the grim dark future of only war. My choice may not be as pimped out as most others, but I'm a modeler of simple tastes.

I voted for the Armiger Warglaive.

med_gallery_127575_15032_42681.jpg 

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 14,529 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
Voted for Calgar. A really great modernisation of a classic design.

-~Ishagu~-

Triszin

Triszin

++ MODERATI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,471 posts

I voted for UR-025

but I wanted to vote for the Armiger titan.

as I think GW should phase out the sentinel kits for the guard and just replace it with a armiger with a different weapon loadout.

Edited by Triszin, 31 December 2018 - 02:51 PM.

banana

reckoning

reckoning

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,346 posts
Narrowing it down to just one Nighthaunt model was pretty hard. That entire range is amazing. Might be the first range I collect outside of 40K
To Recover The Past Banner

karden00, on 28 Apr 2014 - 21:55, said:
Eh... dark angels couldn't hold the line. Surprise surprise....

Droz_64

Droz_64

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 147 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors/Imperial Army

I went with Draik. Awesome model, and 40k returning to its roots as 40k: Rogue Trader.

shandwen

shandwen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,878 posts
  • Faction: It changes with the season
My vote was for the AT Warhound.

Now in Technicolor!

sairence

sairence

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 326 posts
Warglaives for me. Love those models and their rules.

Second choice for me would have been the crazy lady from RT, with her two-handed chainswordflamer.

Edited by sairence, 31 December 2018 - 05:33 PM.

gallery_30308_9518_8251.png

Vykes

Vykes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 860 posts
  • Faction: Sons of Horus 65th company

Noise Marine for me, no question.  

AoS has a few things in there that are aesthetically cool but I just don't connect with any of it, just feels very much "Oh that's a kinda cool CMON fig-oh wait, I gave up Bretonnians for these.  Carry on."  Bitter much, yes. 

Second choice for me would be Calgar because of the Victrix.  

• Qkhitai likes this

ckYid5u.jpgETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_05_.jpgETL_VI_Badge_Forum_Champion_AOD_Traitor.ETL_VI_Badge_Titanicus.jpgETL_VI_Badge_Faction_Master_AOD.jpgETL_VI_Badge_Martyr.jpgETL_VI_Badge_Artisan.jpg

Redtoof

Redtoof

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 591 posts
I voted for Aximillion (and his humans). Goodest Boy 2018.
  • MrFlutterPie likes this
I do a blog. It has battle reports and stuff on it.
https://redtoof.blogspot.co.uk/

General Strike

General Strike

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,401 posts
Everyone vote Noise marine so they release a box of them
  • Lexington, sfPanzer and Vykes like this

Spiritual Liege

Spiritual Liege

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 427 posts
  • Faction: Custodes, IV, Vile Xenos

A very close battle between Eidolon of the Sea and Morathi but Eidolon was ultimately my choice.

• Honda and General Strike like this

MysticTemplar

MysticTemplar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 297 posts
  • Faction: The Wardens of Mercury
I voted for the Spindle Drones personally - they're nice and eerie, and I like them.

ETL_2016_Banner_01_Oath_of_Moment.jpg

Xwingt65

Xwingt65

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,396 posts
  • Faction: HH Hobby Bee.
The AoS models blew the 40k models out of the water in my eyes, put my vote on Morathi the Shadow Queen.
  • Honda, Magpie Knight, Jarl Caldersson and 1 other like this
13.jpg

The 40k fluff explained to an outsider:

Some space elves got really into drugs and sex and a big scary monster got born that ate them.
A space wizard got beaten up by a guy who said he was his friend but wasn't and now he's on a life support machine and people worship him because he was super awesome.
Now there are giant men with rocket launcher machine guns and 4 hearts and are really super awesome who beat up everything.
Also there's a bunch of aliens but they don't really do anything and aren't as cool as the rocket machine gun super men, so who cares?

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,573 posts

I'm on the Morathi camp, it's just a majestic model. Had to double check which one was gorgon Morathi though, almost voted for "regular" Morathi.

On the 40k side, I'd give it to the Renegade Guard from Blackstone Fortress. The Noise Marine was a close second, but ultimately, the Renegades woke up a feeling in me that I haven't felt since I first turned to Chaos with Codex: Eye of Terror, so they win.

Had to think for a moment about the Cawdor and Delaque gangs too. Competition was really tight this year.

• Honda likes this

ShinyRhino

ShinyRhino

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,540 posts
I voted Morathi as well, the model is so good I almost started playing Sigmar.
  • Tyriks likes this
-- "To locate, close with, and destroy the enemy by fire and maneuver, and to repel the enemy assault by fire and close combat."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users