Mini the year 2018

Aramis K

I voted a little tactically - for the Traitor Guard in blackstone fortress. The whole box is full of win bar a couple of exceptions (Ranger mutant leg etc) but proper renegades that are maximum fluff after so many years - I would have happily still bought it if they were the only opponent unit in the box. That is an army that really needs to see some love.

Going purely on a single model itself with no other consideration, I'd probably edge it for the Great Unclean one.

For me it was between Morathi, the Namarti Reavers, and Lotann the Soul Warden. So I rolled a die and went with the Reavers.

I went with the Soul Warden but had different second and third choices. Wasn't a big fan of any of the Daughters of Khaine stuff.

To be honest, there were so many awesome models to chose from that I went the easy route and voted for a great model I'd love to see more of ... so I only had to decide between the Kroot and the Noise Marine. Not necessarily the greatest models that got released but for sure the two models I'd like to see more of asap. :tongue.:

As much dislike as I harbour for AoS as a whole, I can't deny they've had some real winners in terms of models. The only 40K ones that'd make my shortlist are the Ork traks, but that's more my own love for Orks than anything else.

In the end I have to go with Morathi. Sometimes a model just hits you and makes your jaw drop. That was definitely the one that did it for me this year.

There were a lot of good models in 2018. The broader 40k selection pales in comparison to the Rogue Trader/Blackstone Fortress which in turn pale in comparison to the AoS. Morathi was killer but the Nighthaunt Craven King was brilliant, striking re: the background visible from the model, technically amazing and surprisingly restrained in its design. Very Dark Souls. 

That said, I ended up going for the AT Warhounds. Nowhere near as radical as a lot of other things on the list but just such a elegant miniaturisation. They're adorable but they still feel big. Wonderful sprue design (making it a two pack was a good call) and the right amount of options for unique armours/weapon loadouts.

I voted for the Titanicus Warlord.

The extreme posability, the absence of mould lines, the pre-made magnet holes, the potential for further development with different plates... 

I consider it to be the best tought out kit ever produced by gw, I have no doubt.

It was a toss up for me between the Great Unclean One and the Traitor Guardsmen. Went with the later since Rotigus and GUO are listed separately and mine was built as a mix. Also just way too much excited about traitor guard and they sold me on Blackstone Fortress.

Little underwhelmed with the result really. The Noise Marine is ace, but really coasting on the nostalgia, whereas Morathi is something we haven't seen GW attempt before. At least we know they're making more of the Noise Marine.

Little underwhelmed with the result really. The Noise Marine is ace, but really coasting on the nostalgia, whereas Morathi is something we haven't seen GW attempt before. At least we know they're making more of the Noise Marine.

Really? Besides being Large, I don't see a lot going on with Morathi that's too interesting or unique. The Noise Marine's an incredible piece of work by comparison, IMO.

Really? Besides being Large, I don't see a lot going on with Morathi that's too interesting or unique. The Noise Marine's an incredible piece of work by comparison, IMO.

I have built both, and I can tell you that Morathi is an incredible piece of sculpting and design. The way she goes together is incredible and a superb piece of engineering. The Noise marine is a marine with a guitar...

I would love to see the %votes for each of the options, with so many great models across 40k, kill team, necromunda, AT and AOS in 2018 I suspect there was a heavy fragmented voted pattern.

The top 3 were all great, this is not me moaning about the winners I just think it would have been very close

Archived