Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2k post CA Shoot 'em Up Wolves list

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Bulwyf

Bulwyf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,132 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Space Wolves) [63 PL, 1125pts] ++

+ HQ +

Bjorn the Fell-handed [12 PL, 234pts]: Heavy flamer, Twin lascannon, Warlord

Njal Stormcaller in Runic Terminator Armour [8 PL, 153pts]: 2. Tempest's Wrath, 3. Murderous Hurricane, 4. Fury of the Wolf Spirits

+ Troops +

Grey Hunters [6 PL, 94pts]: 4x Chainsword
. Grey Hunter Pack Leader: Chainsword
. 3x Grey Hunter w/Bolt Pistol
. Grey Hunter with Special Weapon: Bolt Pistol, Plasma gun
. Wolf Guard Pack Leader: Chainsword, Storm shield

Grey Hunters [10 PL, 120pts]: 6x Chainsword
. 5x Grey Hunter w/Bolt Pistol

+ Dedicated Transport +

Razorback [5 PL, 112pts]: Storm bolter, Twin lascannon

++ Spearhead Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Space Wolves) [53 PL, 874pts] ++

+ HQ +

Iron Priest on Thunderwolf [7 PL, 101pts]: Boltgun, Thunder hammer

Wolf Lord in Terminator Armor [7 PL, 116pts]: Chainfist, Storm shield, The Wulfen Stone

+ Heavy Support +

Land Raider Crusader [17 PL, 264pts]: 2x Hurricane bolter, Twin assault cannon

Relic Leviathan Dreadnought [16 PL, 303pts]: 2x Heavy flamer, Storm cannon array, Storm cannon array

Whirlwind [6 PL, 90pts]: Whirlwind vengeance launcher

++ Total: [116 PL, 1999pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

This is my updated list for the Wolf brothers that hate Wulfen and TWC or just don't want to bother too much assault.

You get 3 RB running twin LAS with Bjorn as Warlord running twin LAS with a 9 inch reroll due to his Saga. You get 10 CP to play around with. You get 20 (yes 20) STR 7 -2 AP 2 DMG shots with the Relic Levi. You get a Whirlwind to hang out in the back shooting things that are not even visible to it. You get a LRC with plenty of dakka for anti infantry. You get an Iron Priest on a TW that will have the mobility to move around and heal either the Levi or LRC as needed.

Inside the LRC you have an 8 man grey hunter squad with a storm shield, plasma gun and Njal and  WL in termie armor for some assault element in  your list. The WL has the Wulfen stone to give the WGPL and pack leader an extra attack plus at least two more grey hunters an extra attack in the Fight phase.  Each RB is packed with a 6 man squad of GH with a plasma gun and storm shield in it.

It comes in right at 1999 points. You have plenty of anti tank and plenty of anti infantry. The Levi and LRC provide enough target attention that your opponent will have to split their anti tank between them or pay the penalty. And while they concentrate on those targets your three RB with twin LAS get to merrily shoot up any high value targets on the board.

I usually run Wulfen and/or TWC lists but this is my list for those that asked me to come up with a different SW list that is mono army and viable on the table against all army types. I hope it serves you well. For Russ and the All Father!

• barek and TiguriusX like this
40kDGBanner

FearPeteySodes

FearPeteySodes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,622 posts

Where do you prioritize the IP? I love the guy but i always struggle with the 6" move limit, my brain thinks the faster move should allow rapid responce but thats never the case. I assume you stick him on the Levi? The 4++ gives his repair more weight and the weight of attacks can somewhat prevent big boy from getting bogged down?

• Bulwyf likes this

Bulwyf

Bulwyf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,132 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard

Where do you prioritize the IP? I love the guy but i always struggle with the 6" move limit, my brain thinks the faster move should allow rapid responce but thats never the case. I assume you stick him on the Levi? The 4++ gives his repair more weight and the weight of attacks can somewhat prevent big boy from getting bogged down?

I put the IP on a thunderwolf so he has added mobility and more attacks in the fight phase. I absolutely prioritize the Levi and with how I usually deploy for CA18 missions the LRC and Levi are the center with the IP and Bjorn there to heal all three while the RBs move around for objective camping. The bolter beta rules really favors grey hunters as obj campers with a storm shield in there to protect them. The LRC with its hurricane bolters also really benefits from it.

40kDGBanner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users