Land Raiders

Captain Idaho

When was the Terminus Ultra updated?

Edit: seems like CA2018 gave it a points cost (so now available outside of Open Play), but Battlescribe didn't update it across the board :/

Turns out it has always been available outside of open play but only to Ultramarines.

There's a topic that we duscuss this in on the official rules section of this forum that ultimately ends with a confirmation from GW.

The upgrade sprue is not really needed: terminus ultra = normal Landraider + predator LAS sponsons + LASback turret.

Using the heavy bolter from the Landraider on the Razorback and building the Predator without sponsons, this combination results in:

1 terminus ultra

1 Razorback w/twin hv bolter

1 Predator (any variant as long as it doesn't use sponsons)

Mhh... one could try and barter the predator turret for some astra militarum bits (demolisher cannon & dozer blade) to build a vindicator instead.

But let's close the "cycle of conversions" before it gets to large and get back to Landraider discussion.

I'm currently considering whether to turn my Land Raider into a Land Raider Crusader, but I haven't made up my mind yet.

It is a solid midrange firebase against lightly armoured low toughness targets.

It’s not very good vs high toughness targets with good armour and a feel no pain type save.

Three assault centurions are higer toughness than eight terminators, have more boltershots and are cheaper with flamers or have 6 meltashots. They are also a bit better in combat due ro their drills. Eight terminators would have more wounds and more attacks.

So You could get that amount of boltershots cheaper, but I am a fairly big fan of landraiders and terminators, so go for it!

Are assault cents armed with Hurricane bolters ?

Yup. Hurricane Bolters, Siege Drills and either two Meltaguns or two Flamers. At point blank range they'll utterly shred hordes.

Considering that they're a close range unit, with especially potent anti-tank melee weaponry, they're a solid candidate for the Land Raider Crusader. Hell, you could stuff five Assault Centurions in one with a Chaplain, Captain or Lieutenant for some rerolls, and then you'll demolish hordes (the ACs would pump out 60 Bolter shots alone) before getting to charge something beefy with 11 WS3+ 10/-4/3 melee attacks.

I know this is the Ultramarines subforum, but Crimson Fists do nasty work with their Centurions, thanks to their Index Astartes Chapter Tactic, plus they get a Power Armoured Chapter Master who could ride in the very much eggs-in-basket (740pts!) LRC with them!

Apologies if this discussion is for codex Land Raiders only, but I was just wondering what peoples thoughts on the Forge World Achilles variant is?

I don’t play very often so aren’t good with the number crunching and tactics like a lot of you guys but there is something about the Achilles that looks cool and I’d love to have one in my army.

Are they any good or are they a bust?

For FW Land Raiders, I have been very much enjoying the Helios.

Less transport capacity but swaps the Heavy Bolters for a 72" 2d6 7/-1/1 LoS ignoring gun.

It's a great gunboat, can carry a small squad and the Helios launcher brings some very welcome anti-LoS shooting.

It is a solid midrange firebase against lightly armoured low toughness targets.

It’s not very good vs high toughness targets with good armour and a feel no pain type save.

Three assault centurions are higer toughness than eight terminators, have more boltershots and are cheaper with flamers or have 6 meltashots. They are also a bit better in combat due ro their drills. Eight terminators would have more wounds and more attacks.

So You could get that amount of boltershots cheaper, but I am a fairly big fan of landraiders and terminators, so go for it!

Thanks for the input Joukernaut.  I play a certain green faction that doesn't have access to Centurions unfortunately.  I was wondering how to pair up my one land raider and repulsor that I have and want to use.  The repulsor would be full lascannon build with hellblasters and associated support characters.  I'm wondering if that would pair well with the LRC/Termies or if I'm better served with a standard LR and maybe veterans with stormbolters or something else entirely.

It kind of depends on the rest if your list I think.

If the landraider cruadder with termies is the only unkt you have that wants to go forward, I would switch it out. It can be tagged easily and not do anything for the rest of the game.

It needs some support to be able to be isefull for more than one turn. It is tough though.

Archived