Best way to run at 1k

Sandviper

What is the optimum way to run CSM/DG/TS at 1k points? There is a doubles tournament coming up with 1k a piece and I just cant seem to find a good way to run chaos when I know people will be running knights and such.

Shooty, assaulty, psy stuff. What succes have you guys found at lower point levels? My team mate will either be running as Alpha legion or Salamanders.

I run 8 man Berzerkers with an Exalted Champion and Dark Apostle in a Rhino. Re-roll hits and wounds + Blood For The Blood God does serious damage. I also Run Slaaneshi Raptors with max plasma; a little over 100 points gets you 6 plasma shots. Keep them in reserves and drop multiple units with a Jump or Termie Lord so you can supercharge the plasma freely, alternatively a prescience sorcerer works if you only use one unit. Keep them Slaaneshi for Endless Cacophony.

I've heard that Oblit bombs are pretty effective, but that was before the point increase. That would be using the Denizens of The Warp stratagem to deepstrike a Feculant Gnarlmaw and then Obliterators near it. Alpha Legion is probably the best bet. -1 to hit them, +2 cover, and they hit hard. Add a sorcerer to put them at -2 to be hit with a 2+ cover. I've wanted to try it, but Oblits are always sold out when I have the money.

CSM the unit are still trash. Don't be tempted unless you're playing city fight (+2 cover save is nasty to get past).

The points drops on hellbrute and Daemon engines make the appealing. A 14 wound model is annoying to get through at that level unless your opponent has taken serious anti armour.

Cultists are still just plain better than marines. 30-40 man unit is horrible to deal with.

Demon Princes are nice but I struggle to fit them in.

I have ran this list:

Iron warriors

BATTALION

HQ

Lord with power sword warlord with cold and bitter, relic flesh metal exoskeleton

Sorcerer

TROOPS

40 cultists with auto guns

10 cultists with auto guns

10 cultists with auto guns

SPEARHEAD

HQ

Sorcerer

HEAVY SUPPORT

Maulerfiend with lasher tendrils

Defiler with defiler scourge and reaper autocannon

Havoc squad with 4 missile launchers

Yeah the downside for me is I have a boat load of power armour and only 33 cultists. My partner for our tournament is doing the Temie lord, termie sorcerero, 6 combi plasma termies MoS blow your load style, as well as a contemptor dread and 2 sicarans for dakka.

Basically what I have been finding is you need the cheapest units that field the most S5 and S9 shots.

If you have a lot of power armoured marines, try running the Chainsword and pistol models as Berzerkers, they have S5 in melee and blood for the blood god doubles their attacks. Run Bolter models as Noise Marines with bolters and do the remainder as havoc to get use of the special weapons maybe? Personally, i just use the loyalist jump packs and use CSM models as raptors and build small squads with max plasma.

Archived