Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Dedicated transport in reserves without embarked unit

4 replies to this topic

Nomadic Thunder

Nomadic Thunder

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 34 posts

Can i keep a dedicated transport in reserves without the unit it is dedicated for being embarked in it?

Eg. Can a land raider proteus dedicated for a seeker unit with an explorator web start the game in reserves if the seeker unit is deployed on the table?

Or in another case can the seekeer squad be deployed in a different transport and still be able to purchase the land raider as a dedicated transport?

I've got a few ideas for outland blackshields and i'm just toying with optiions and possibilities at the minute.

Gorgoff

Gorgoff

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,849 posts
  • Faction: IVth Legion

Can i keep a dedicated transport in reserves without the unit it is dedicated for being embarked in it?

Eg. Can a land raider proteus dedicated for a seeker unit with an explorator web start the game in reserves if the seeker unit is deployed on the table?
Or in another case can the seekeer squad be deployed in a different transport and still be able to purchase the land raider as a dedicated transport?

I've got a few ideas for outland blackshields and i'm just toying with optiions and possibilities at the minute.

Nope.
Bring back Psycho Dad!
gallery_48988_10980_12646.png

Nomadic Thunder

Nomadic Thunder

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 34 posts

Laconic, i like it!

Hmmmm I thought as much, just trying to be economical with my fast attack slots as want to use a termite for my seekers but don't want to give up my javellin or outrider units.

thanks for the quick answer.

Gorgoff

Gorgoff

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,849 posts
  • Faction: IVth Legion

Laconic, i like it!

Hmmmm I thought as much, just trying to be economical with my fast attack slots as want to use a termite for my seekers but don't want to give up my javellin or outrider units.

thanks for the quick answer.

No problemo. :)
Bring back Psycho Dad!
gallery_48988_10980_12646.png

Ghorgul

Ghorgul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 113 posts

Only thing that can start embarked inside the dedicated transport is the unit for which it was bought. I would say this is technically allowed assuming the different transport is not dedicated transport. I wouldn't recommend anyone to try to do this.

But let's be clear now, that's a bit excessive 'gaming' of the rules and certainly against the spirit of the rules and the game, and I'm also struggling to come up with any reasonable fluff justification for this happening.

“We are the Angels of Eternal Night and we have come for you. Prepare for purging of your Sins, this is your chance for Ascension. Ave Dominus Nox.” –Kryvan The Descendant, 48th Company of Night Lords.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users