2019 To Do List

NTaW

A new year and a fresh start on getting things done! If you put it down in writing it makes it easier to accomplish right?? I figure a simple "To Do" and "To Get" list will suffice, feel free to share yours and maybe we'll all accomplish some goals in the coming solar rotation.

To Do:

- Doomsday Ark

- 5x Immortals

- Plastic Cryptek

- Finecast Cryptek

- Spider

To Get:

- 5x Lychguard

- Doomsday Ark

Bonus Marks:

- 10x Flayed One conversions

That last one came to me as I was typing this up. I love Flayed Ones but Finecast is the worst so conversions are my only option. Just gotta find the right way to get some extra Warriors without buying a Battleforce box :laugh.:

You're up! What's on the bill for 2019, fellow Phaerons?

I have way too much to do. I've been pushing my group to do a narrative campaign where we can only field painted models (none of us paint quickly or often) which preparation for has helped a lot. I just got an airbrush so I'm hoping once i'm used to it, it'll help. I'm also painting every vehicle in pieces from now on (damn you, Ghost Ark!).

It would take a long time to tally everything up, but I think I have 20 warriors and about as many Immortals who just need rebased.

My Seraptek needs the weapons painted and then a LOT of finishing touches. Cleaning up washes, bringing out details. It looks fine from across the table during a game but there's a lot I could do to it still.

Three stalkers that all have base coats and some random details painted but need to actually sit down and get them done.

There's a ton more to do but if I can make progress on those this month I'll be pretty happy. We are shooting to start the campaign at 500 points (with some unit restrictions to start) hopefully by the end of the month so I've been rushing to get my troops painted. I also host though so I need to get a few pieces of terrain finished, too.

With regard to flayed ones, I've been thinking about warriors with the blades from lightning claws coming out of their wrists. You could do a simple three-claw hand (two facing one direction and one facing the other) , or just two to look like scissors.

well apart from finishing my terrain,...

- 1x Doomsday Ark to assemble & paint

- 1x Ghost Ark to paint (already put together...otherwise it would be a Doomsday Ark :dry.: )

- 3x Wraiths Just to base & paint 

- 1x "ForgeBane cryptek" to assemble & paint

- 15x The last of my warriors to repaint to my new Nihilakh scheme

- 1x Command Barge to finish painting

- 1x Monolith to sand down and repaint :wallbash:

- 8x Destroyers to finish the painting/weathering of they're top carapace's :whistling: 

- 6x scarab bases to assemble and Paint

...Gee :ohmy.:  i got more to do than i was expecting... :tongue.:  i guess it means more points and flexibility in the army though!!

Mithril

You could prep them to paint for ETLVII...I know that's going to be a major factor for painting my stuff this year, or at least my 'crons.

As for what that might include for me, lemme think:

-my other Triarch Strider/Armiger (subassemble, or blutak to prime and basecoat when ETL comes)

-my necron/admech warrior hybrids

-deathmarks

-warrior-->immortal conversions

-repaint my ghost/doomsday ark

-maybe repaint my actual Triarch Stalker

-paint my counts-as illuminor szeras magos

-wraiths

-whatever else I decide to purchase this year

-finish my Lychguard (who are at 3-color min but need a lot more work before I'd call them done)

-properly base most of my unbased stuff (coughscarabscough)

-get some more stuff (preferably cheap on Ebay, because I'm a cheapskate) and build that too. I hear destroyers are good these days :biggrin.: 
--tangent to this one: build/paint my Sarnakh the Bloodied wraith destroyer lord (my phaeron gets blown up one too many times and goes crazy)

-write more fluff

-play more games

o_O Good lord that's a lot I want to do.

Might as well get started! :yes:

You all are making me feel vastly better about my [Necron] to-do pile. I look forward to all of your project logs swelling with productivity! That Destroyer Lord sounds really cool, Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch.

Hey Tyriks, when you say you're rebasing your infantry do you mean repainting them or moving up from 25mm to 32mm? With the Flayed Ones I'm right on the same page, just waiting on the perfect Kijiji sale for that little project so I have the requisite bodies. I have so many unused lightning claws in my bits box it's silly and they are perfect blades for this.

Repainting them. I hurriedly slapped some of the old Martian iron-whichever on them over leadbelcher primed bases and it was enough to call them done for the game I used them but it looks terrible so I scraped it off most and have been undercoating and replacing it with the updated kind.

I also have a pile of lightning claws and several friends do too which is what made me think of them. I want to practice on a few but I also want to get stuff painted so they can wait.

In addition to building an Adeptus Mechanicus army, my Necrons are first on my agenda this year.

TO DO:

sml_gallery_127575_15086_42207.jpg sml_gallery_127575_15086_76285.jpg sml_gallery_127575_15086_238970.jpg

3 Necron Overlords
1 Necron Cryptek
20 Necron Immortals/Deathmarks
24 Necron Warriors
3 Tomb Blades
5 Necron Lychguard
1 Canoptek Spyder
3 Canoptek Wraiths
6 Canoptek Scarab Swarms
1 Annihilation Barge
1 Doomsday Ark

- pick a Dynasty and color scheme
- create some background for my army
- learn the rules and play the game

TO GET:

- I'd get more of the same models above, although I haven't decided which ones yet. Maybe I'll get a few Doom Scythes. Doom Scythes look pretty cool.

BONUS MARKS:

- I'm thinking of using some magnets and convert a UR-025 Imperial Robot into an Overlord. Perhaps he's an old "Man of Iron" that managed to take control of a Necron Overlord or vice versa. I might place him in a Catacomb Command Barge.

Doom Scythes are pretty cool! Pretty much one of my favourite models GW has ever released, and one of the few vehicles that are a closer scale to the infantry.

I may pick up another two instead of a second DDA so I can run an Air Wing Detachment and make use of their stratagem (hoping eternally that GW redo the death ray's profile to have a set number of shots).

Doom Scythes are pretty cool! Pretty much one of my favourite models GW has ever released, and one of the few vehicles that are a closer scale to the infantry.

I may pick up another two instead of a second DDA so I can run an Air Wing Detachment and make use of their stratagem (hoping eternally that GW redo the death ray's profile to have a set number of shots).

Flat 3 shots would go a LONG way to helping them. I also think they need to cause MW somehow (maybe on a 6 to hit, it does d3?). It's supposed to be one of the most insanely dangerous weapons in a galaxy brimming with insanely dangerous weapons, but now it's safe to ignore.

I think another goal I have for the year is to actually track progress better. I currently paint at least a little most days, but I jump around a lot and don't keep good track so I end up feeling like I'm not getting anywhere, and I want to get better at focusing on one unit or model and also at tracking progress.

It would be cool if doom and night Scythes had a rule to inflict -1 or -2 Ld on nearby enemies, because the sound of their engines is described as massively psychologically debilitating.

Something else I wanna do this year is maybe, FINALLY build my tomb citadel board. That thing has been hanging over my head for years and I wanna get it done once and for all

Hehe...we'll see. It's on my 'if you have the time' list.

May have a pic of the power crucible laying around though...if not, the power crucible itself is, and I'll get a pic of that instead.

Now I need to print the turrets and the central tower (then magnetize everything and spray down the board).

...Actually, that doesn't sound so hard after all. Maybe it'll be done before ETL.

Hey, thanks, Tyrik! I may have motivation to finish it now. This'll definitely be plogged.

ooOOoooo some Doom Scythe wishlisting, I'll hop on that train. A flat 3 shots would be mint really, building in the ability to ignore the penalty for moving and shooting Heavy weapons would stop them from -having- to be Sautekh. 3+d3 damage would be nice, but maybe reserved for the Doomsday Ark at full power.

I would take the same for the doomsday ark. Random shots suck. Random damage sucks. I’d take 3 shots and d6 damage, minimum of 3. Like the gsc aberrants or Abhorrant (can’t remember which, also it’s a cc weapon, so not a fair comparison, but still)

Archived