Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Inspirational Friday 2019: Blessings and Boons (Dec 27)

Inspirational Friday Inspirational Friday 2019

• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

Scourged

Scourged

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 487 posts
  • Faction: Chaos
So it shall be!

ETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei03.gifCall_of_Chaos_10_Medal_01f.gifCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_01f.gifgallery_29004_10383_2014.pnggallery2900461982240.pnggallery_63428_7083_6894.png

Sanctimonius

Sanctimonius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 146 posts

I'm still trying to format the rules part so... enjoy flavour text!

Spoiler

I'm going to admit my knowledge of 40k point costing is pre-8th, so if this looks wildly off let me know.

As ever, hope you enjoy.

Edited by Sanctimonius, 23 July 2019 - 04:36 AM.

• Scourged likes this

gallery_63428_7083_6894.png

Trevak Dal

Trevak Dal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,337 posts
  • Faction: Black Legion (Night Blades)
Sworn to War.

Spoiler

he would just be a chaos Lord with power armor, a bolt pistol and master crafted power axe who can attack twice like Berserkers natively (no command points used) and unlocks that ability in any Warsworn units.

Basically my take at not rampagingly nuts/Hulk/Brolly World Eaters.

Edited by Trevak Dal, 24 July 2019 - 09:12 PM.

• Sanctimonius and Scourged like this

"Our Turn" - Centurion Khârn.

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,716 posts
I got some stuff written - stuff I like - but it’s gone off the topic :D so I’ll file it away for the future and have to pass on the current challenge.
Also, I’ll be away for much of the next three weeks. Back with some inspiration - I hope - late next month.

Scourged

Scourged

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 487 posts

Figured I'd brush some of the dust off of my old characters and give them a little flavor. For more details about them, well... there's literally years of stories about them in the IF threads.

Hidden Content

Oh, what's this? Datasheets for them? Why of course! (Just ignore the Google Doc red/blue squiggly underlines from these screencaps, heh)

Hidden Content

• Sanctimonius likes this

ETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei03.gifCall_of_Chaos_10_Medal_01f.gifCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_01f.gifgallery_29004_10383_2014.pnggallery2900461982240.pnggallery_63428_7083_6894.png

Scourged

Scourged

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 487 posts

gXTkv29.png?1

Thank you for all for your entries in Inspirational Friday 2019: Aspiring Warmasters

Sanctimonius told us all about the Harvester. From birth and genesis to their current state in the galaxy. There’s always such a rich playground when working with the Night Lords, and the Harvester is an example of just what can be done. The ‘flavor text’ for the relics was a very nice touch. 

Trevak Dal was next with a look at Marick, the (current) Lord of the Warsworn. This time, our look at our character was introspective, from their own thoughts and motivations. It’s nice to see a bit of introspection from a Khorne Lord. We shall see if the Wargod favors Marick, and if he shall rise in time… 

Lastly, I went back to my roots, giving us a two-for-one deal with the Brothers Dhelmas, Rahaund’ul and Scindus, fraternal leadership of the Scourged. The inquisitor tasked to hunt them is giving a report to her superiors, and she takes the time to focus on the two heretical Astartes who know control the traitorous Seekers of Truth.

I hereby close that topic but if anyone has more stories on that theme, at any time, please post them here with a suitable title.

And so begins our second challenge of Inspirational Friday 2019: Nebulous Loyalty

Loyalty is a fickle thing, is it not? Where does one draw the line? During the Horus Heresy, so many of  our predecessors were branded as disloyal to the greater Imperium, yet it was because they remained loyal to their Primarch. So which is true? How does one gauge loyalty and its true worth? Does such a concept even have meaning for those living within the Great Rift? Given the propensity for so many to change sides and dissolve allegiances, I would wager it is a meaningless concept. 

For our new topic, let us explore those who have cast aside their loyalties to swear allegiance to another. It could be a historical tale of so many who shunned their home Legion to instead wear the Black of the Warmaster. Or perhaps the ideology is much simpler, and our hero defects to another warband simply because of greater profits to be gained. Or maybe your protagonist has learned that their patron God does is not to be served, and they swear their allegiance to one of the other Gods.

Tell us a story of defection, of betrayal, of new allegiances forged to be broken later. 

IF2019: Nebulous Loyalty runs until the 16th of August

And who shall judge this new challenge? That decision lies with our current judge, Sanctimonius

The winner of IF2019: Aspiring Warmasters shall claim the Octed amulet:

And the honor of judging the next challenge. 

Let us be inspired.

Sanctimonius

Sanctimonius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 146 posts

The judge of this one will be our own Scourged - I love that he had the datasheets prepared. I look forward for a Chapter Approved so I can use them in my own armies.

• Scourged likes this

Trevak Dal

Trevak Dal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,337 posts
Of Angels and Men

Spoiler

Edited by Trevak Dal, 02 August 2019 - 06:36 PM.

• Sanctimonius, Akylas and Scourged like this

Sanctimonius

Sanctimonius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 146 posts

As a Night Lords player I'm appropriating Boo Boys.

Sanctimonius

Sanctimonius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 146 posts

Spoiler

Edited by Sanctimonius, 04 August 2019 - 08:11 AM.

• Akylas and Scourged like this

Scourged

Scourged

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 487 posts

gXTkv29.png?1

Thank you all for your entries in Inspirational Friday 2019: Nebulous Loyalty

Trevak Dal offered up Of Angels and Men. We were taken through the life of Tyrael, or rather his many lives. What is it that the Fallen do if they don’t turn renegade? How does an Astartes adjust to life among the mortals within the Imperium? In this small vignette, we get some fun answers to those questions, and more. 

Sanctimonius continued a submission streak with Penance. We join our, um, “hero” on a quest for vengeance, fist and blade falling upon former brothers. But is it enough? Will their deaths pay for their betrayal? Or, is it he who has actually betrayed them? That will be up to the reader to decide. 

I hereby close that topic but if anyone has more stories on that theme, at any time, please post them here with a suitable title.

And so begins our second challenge of Inspirational Friday 2019: Interview with an Exalted Champion

For this new topic, we’re going to continue a bit of a tradition for Inspirational Friday: the Interview Series™. In the past, we’ve seen interviews for Lords, Sorcerers, Daemon Princes, Warpsmiths, Apostles, and even Apothecaries. Ironically or appropriately, the Exalted Champions have gone overlooked… until now. 

Our Interview Series™ does not require the format to be a literal interview, though it may be if you wish. Nor need it be serious in tone (I always used the topics as an excuse to attempt some written humor). But do find a way to tell us all about an Exalted Champion. How did they rise to their position of power? What drives them to the heights of their prowess? What challenges have they faced, or will they face, in the coming wars? Are they seeking to usurp their warband’s leader, to rise to the level of Apotheosis, or something more esoteric? 

IF2019: Interview with an Exalted Champion runs until the 13th of September

And who shall judge this new challenge? That decision lies with our current judge, Scourged

The winner of IF2019: Nebulous Loyalty shall claim the Octed amulet:

Let us be inspired.

• Sanctimonius and Kierdale like this

Scourged

Scourged

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 487 posts

And as for my judgement? This time, the octed belongs to Trevak Dal. Picking a Fallen to be the protagonist for the topic just felt so... perfect. What could befit the theme of Nebulous Loyalty better than that? The theme played out on that higher meta level as well as within the prose itself, with the tale's conclusion. 

• Sanctimonius and Trevak Dal like this

Scourged

Scourged

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 487 posts

Hello, my dark brethren. I've been meaning to check in with this thread, but wow, life has been a doozy. The holiday weekend, the end of ETL for many of us, and my allergies flaring up and making me a slave to Benedryl. The deadline for our topic this time around is in a couple of days. Is there anyone out there who's still thinking of contributing some Inspiration? 

Sanctimonius

Sanctimonius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 146 posts

I'm hoping others in this thread have the same excuse I do, I'm trying to write something for the BL submission. There's a lot of talent here, and I hope others are joining in.

Leonite

Leonite

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 667 posts

Maybe it might be smart to extend this one?

Call_of_Chaos_8_Banner_01f.jpgETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei01.gifETL_2016_Medal_02_Primus_Inter_Pares.gifCall_of_Chaos_10_Banner_01f.jpgETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_01.gifETL_2018_Medal_03_Primus_Interpares_04.gETL_Medal_02.gif

Scourged

Scourged

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 487 posts
Indeed. A sentiment I share. We'll give it one more week. Sound good, folks?
  • Sanctimonius likes this

Leonite

Leonite

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 667 posts

I might actually write for this one!... Might

Call_of_Chaos_8_Banner_01f.jpgETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei01.gifETL_2016_Medal_02_Primus_Inter_Pares.gifCall_of_Chaos_10_Banner_01f.jpgETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_01.gifETL_2018_Medal_03_Primus_Interpares_04.gETL_Medal_02.gif

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,716 posts
Sorry, I wanted to enter but just haven’t been able to get 40k creative recently. :(

Leonite

Leonite

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 667 posts

Likewise sadly...

Trevak Dal

Trevak Dal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,337 posts
I kinda want to write about Giselburtus, but he's not an exalted Champion (that would be Tyrael Adrastus, the perpetual Fallen guy) he's a possessed sorcerer. Think Carnage meets Deadpool and you mostly got him.

He is a Nightblade (from their geneseed) so an offshoot of the Alpha Legion. I guess I could do champion Jocko Vash...who is kind of Giselburtus and Tyrael's main back up guy. Real straight man, super professional, was inspired a lot by The Master Chief from Halo but also Captain Rex from the Clone Wars. but a bit more free thinking than most other Nightblades. He's the leader of the Chosen squad Blue Team.

Or maybe Sigard Maiden Breaker of the Siege Dancers...he is an Exalted Champion, but writing Siege Dancer stuff is hard because it's pretty heavy on non consensual sexual acts.

Sigard is a renegade space wolf who missed his reaving, pre Astartes days and ended up joining the Siege Dancers. He does massive quantities of drugs and alcoholic concoctions as he loots and plunders and has lots of non consensual sex.

As of the Current Time (by GWs standards) Abaddon tasked the Nightblades to bring them to heel and they did, Tyrael Anathame'd their Daemon Princess (turning her back into a male iron warrior before sundering it's soul completely) Giselburtus, in revenge for past torturing at Sigard's hands blinded him, ripped off his arms and legs and then bound him into a Helbrute sarcophagus to be used at the Warmaster's bidding. He's the only survivor of the Siege Dancers.

Alphonse (Warlord of the Nightblades) orchestrated their downfall perfectly as payback for the Siege Dancers betraying them on Cadia. They burned their bodies and geneseed.

Edited by Trevak Dal, 22 September 2019 - 04:25 PM.

Scourged

Scourged

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 487 posts

gXTkv29.png?1

Unfortunately, we did not see any entries in Inspirational Friday 2019: Interview with an Exalted Champion

It feels like we’re all in a strange, nebulous state with 40k right now. There’s a weird energy among the frater in the CSM forums (and no, not the usual Warp energies we’ve all grown accustomed to). We finished the ETL and have since moved into the Call, so that for sure will be drawing the attention of some. And the impact of the new book for our Loyalist cousins has definitely been felt by many here. Though I can only speak for myself, I feel others may share my sentiment in that, right now, I’m in a bit of 40k ebb. Despite that, though, let’s see if we can get our Inspiration flowing once more. 

Rather than close this topic, I will stick a pin in it. One day, down the road, we will return to this topic and see what inspiration may take us at that time. Until then...

And so begins our second challenge of Inspirational Friday 2019: Warped Mirror

Though not true for every Legion and Warband, the soul (or lack thereof) and identity found amongst the battle brothers is often one that is a warping of another - an inverse, an opposite, a twisted reflection. Some of them are classical rivalries that have existed for 10k millennia: Iron Warriors and Imperial Fists, Alpha Legion and Ultramarines, Thousand Sons and Space Wolves. Or, they may be adversaries from within the eye, due to their patron Gods: World Eaters and Emperor’s Children, Death Guard and Thousand Sons. And others still may be a twisted mockery of the warband itself, a dark shadow to what they once were and still are: Dark Angels and Dark Angels. 

This time around, tell us of your Warband or Legion. To whom are they the opposite? Do they differ ideologically, tactically, spiritually, all of the above? Is it a rivalry old as time, or one fresh and new where the source of the schism has not yet become elevated to myth? Tell us of your opposing rivals. 

IF2019: Warped Mirror runs until the 11th of October

And who shall judge this new challenge? That decision lies with our current judge, Trevak Dal

The winner shall claim the Octed amulet:

Let us be inspired.

• Trevak Dal and Kierdale like this

Leonite

Leonite

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 667 posts

Hmm... this'll be interesting. 

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,716 posts
This I think I can get my teeth into. :tu:

Oh, will we be having a horror-theme for Halloween?

Scourged

Scourged

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 487 posts

Why yes... indeed we will. And not only that, since we've been sticking (mostly) with a 3-week schedule on these prompts, with that in mind... why, the Halloween prompt will close just after October 31st. Could it be... Just As Planned™? msn-wink.gif

• Kierdale likes this

Scourged

Scourged

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 487 posts

Just wanted to check in with the tainted brethren as the deadline approaches. Can we look forward to any thrilling entries in the next few days? I'd love to see an entry or two before we move on to our Spooky™ topic this weekend. 

I know I've been trying. I have a couple ideas, but I just... can't... quite get them right. Something about either of them isn't 'clicking,' but I'll see what I can do by Friday. Plus, I've got a tournament at the end of the month I'm prepping for. Also, well, honestly... Warcry is just so much fun. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Inspirational Friday, Inspirational Friday 2019

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)