Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

1500 point Blood Angels casual army

Blood Angels Army Casual

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Shattered Hand

Shattered Hand

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2 posts
Hey guys and girls, just wanting some feedback on my army list it's meant only for casual play with friends so I'm just wondering if any major changes need to be made and how you think the army will do overall.🤔

HQ:
• Brother Corbulo = 94 points

Troops:
• 5 tactical marines + flamer = 74 points
• 5 tactical marines + flamer = 74 points
• 5 tactical marines + lascannon = 90 points

Transports:
• Razorback + twin heavy bolters = 87 points
• Razorback + twin heavy bolters = 87 points
• Stormraven Gunship + assault cannon + twin heavy bolters + hurricane bolters = 281 points

Heavy support:
• Baal predator + twin assault cannon + heavy bolters = 164 points
• Baal predator + twin assault cannon + heavy bolters = 164 points

Elites:
• 10 death company marines + 1 thunder hammer + 2 power axes = 212points
• death company dreadnought + blood talons + heavy flamer = 172 points

Total = 1499

I really wanted to field lemartes but I don't know what to take out also I have alt of firepower but nothing that really exceeds strength 8 or higher apart from a lascannon so I'll have to rely on my death company units to destroy those larger enemies if you have any ideas please help I'm new to the game and need help. 😃

Meta Knight

Meta Knight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 54 posts

Some of the point totals are off as of Chapter Approved 2018. Corbulo is 83. Flamer squads should come out to 71. Not sure about the DC dread off the top of my head but dreads in general got a points reduction, and I believe blood talons and heavy flamers both got drops so you should double check. Apart from CA2018 changes some of the others just look off too. With what you have listed the Stormraven should come out to 315 (assault cannon is twin-linked and remember stormstrike launchers) and the DC should be 196.

Sorry to rag on you so much about points I hope I didn't come off as a dick. In terms of feedback as of the list itself it looks decently well-balanced and very sturdy with your mechanization. Agreed that there is a bit of a lack of heavy firepower. Though I think the DC dread is cheaper post-CA, a Libby dread is 30 points cheaper than what you have listed and hits like a monster truck. You can switch the twin asscannon on the raven to a twin lascannon, which is a tad cheaper actually, and I'd also switch the twin heavy bolters for a multi-melta. That way the raven and its contents can be your dedicated surgical scalpel against big, tough threats. I wouldn't worry about hordes since the rest of your units are kitted to waste them.

You also need another HQ to run a Battalion, but swapping the DC dread for the Librarian dread will take care of that. Sorry again for spitting out so much in a single post. You have a solid foundation to start off, with these tweaks and updates you'll be a force to be reckoned with. If you're confused about anything please let me know and I'd be happy to clarify. Cheers

Lynnean

Lynnean

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,533 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords, Exsanguinators
Looks like fun.
Besides the previous points, i'm going to ask the same old question, because they also turn up in a casual environment: how is this list going to deal with a knight?

ETL_VI_Banner_Dominus_Exercitus_Blood_An

Shattered Hand

Shattered Hand

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2 posts
Thanks so much guys I'm still a bit confused??
I'm using the codex adeptus astartes for blood Angel's, is there a newer version when I bought it at the store the guy said it's all up to date. But anyway thanks a lot for for suggestions to the army list once I've figured out the point changes I'll probably come back with another post or something and hope I did it right. And last question is lemartes better for an HQ choice over Corbulo

Lynnean

Lynnean

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,533 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords, Exsanguinators

Well, the chapter approved is a new(ish) book with points updates and stuff like that. 
And i assume you meant the Codex: Blood angels? yes.gif

ETL_VI_Banner_Dominus_Exercitus_Blood_An

Meta Knight

Meta Knight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 54 posts

Right, Chapter Approved was just released last month with a whole slew of updates both points-wise and rules-wise for all armies across the board. I'd consider it a necessary pick up.

Lemartes is typically used to ensure an early charge for jump pack DC using his reroll ability after UWOF stratagem or deep striking. Your DC are flying in the Stormraven, so you should have no problems getting close enough to get charges off. I'd keep Corbulo and just stick him in the raven to buff the DC. Strength 5 + Red Thirst + Exploding dice on Death Company downright terrifying. If you have the points after factoring in the points changes try to sneak in a normal Chaplain for rerolls as well.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Blood Angels Army, Casual

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users