Finally got some painting time last night, and was going to go with a dark blue-black color for the Deathwatch scheme and then do two brush blending for the highlights, but then decided I'd try for the studio scheme. I am now in edge highlighting hell. T_T

Ok, and it's done.

Hod2

Hod1

I do like the scheme and might do more in the future.

Also since I found him, might as well...

I, Focslain, vow in the name of Rogal Dorn and the Imperial Fists chapter to complete One Lieutenant by 2nd March 2019.

For Dorn, Terra, and the Emperor!

Ifltwup

Heck with it - I need a break, and a break from painting that Death Guard commission. 

I, Deafbok, vow in the name of Rogal Dorn and the Emperor's Blades chapter to complete one Venerable Dreadnought by 2nd March, 2019. 

For Dorn, Terra, and the Emperor!

(Posted sans image because my internet connection is currently being slooooooooooooooow - to be edited once it's done)

QscICrT.jpg

EDIT - Image added!

Welcome to the event, Deafbok. :thumbsup: I'm interested to see what your Chapter's colour scheme looks like!

And congrats to Focslain! All the best for your second vow. :thumbsup:

Whilst I'm working on the Vendread, here's one of my Devastator squad members :biggrin.: 

NXOntxN.jpg

rTf894u.jpg

I, Kinstryfe, vow on the honour of the Lamenters and Sanguinius to gift the sons of Dorn; brother and most esteemed ally of our beloved Primarch in the defense of Holy Terra; one suit of artificer armour and weaponry crafted by our finest artificers to be born by one of Dorn's champions in recognition of the bonds of blood and battle born byfour Primarchs and in praise to The Emperor of Mankind before March Second of the year Two-Thousand and Nineteen.

I'm also taking suggestions as to which chapter he will be painted as. He will have a fist chapter icon, though that doesn't necessarily mean he couldn't fit in elsewhere...

Have to say my Vow is complete. I don't have any decals and my freehand skills aren't up to it but I am happy with where I got to with these guys. It's a nice alternate colour scheme for the Fists and i like the way the yellow works.

Thanks for allowing me to enter in this to motivate me to finish the squad. :thumbsup:

Edit: Changed picture since the first one was blurry. Hope this one is better.

Venerable Dreadnought Alwyn is ready to serve...Again.

https://m.imgur.com/j1kt5kd
https://imgur.com/fQHDVWY
https://imgur.com/E4jkWSg

https://imgur.com/s7NORl5

(Right, it's refusing to let me use the extensions for these pics on the board for some reason - despite following the exact same procedure as for the first photo I added in this thread!)

Nice one Deafbok! What symbol do your Emperor's Blades use by the way? The red and black work together real nicely on the Dread.

If you are having trouble hosting the photos, try using the Gallery here onsite. :)

In terms of my Sternguard progress, I cleaned them up a little last night and they are nearly at the wash phase. I'll try and get a snap up soon. :D

Cambrius

Does this help?

Venerable Dreadnought Alwyn is ready to serve...Again.

j1kt5kd.jpg
fQHDVWY.jpg

E4jkWSg.jpg

s7NORl5.jpg

(Right, it's refusing to let me use the extensions for these pics on the board for some reason - despite following the exact same procedure as for the first photo I added in this thread!)

I, War Angel, vow in the name of Rogal Dorn and the Eagles Eternal to complete Captain Williams, two Primaris LT's and the company standard bearer (as yet unnamed) and five hellblasters of the 5th company by 2nd March 2019.

For Dorn, Terra, and the Emperor, Retreat Hell!

QiPBtAM.jpg

So here's the update from my side, doesn't look like much has been done but I've been cleaning up the paint in places and found out my purple mix is dried up, so I'm having to use my old Liche purple as a test on the armless sergeant. I'll give the others a coat of it some time this week when I can paint again.

Slowly getting there considering I started these marines 8 years ago(?!)

med_gallery_26154_4148_1170062.jpg

Great stuff and progress from the peeps above as well, love those Marine boys of your btw War Angel, especially that famous motto. :lol:

Cambrius

Gederas: Glad the shoulder pad arrived! :tu:

JAG Templar & Kinstryfe: Welcome to the event, glad to see you both vow something!

Kriegsmacht & Deafbok: Congrats on finishing your vows, they all look a fine bunch. Now, where's vow #2? ;)

MarshallRigaud, War Angel, & CausticCossack: Welcome to the event, folks! :tu:

Cambrius: Progress looks good so far, always loved that colour scheme. :tu:

Gederas: Glad the shoulder pad arrived! :thumbsup:

As am I, because now Captain Marez is finally done!

VgW8Nee.jpg

That's 1 of 2. Now I just need to paint the Imperial Fist Hellblaster :lol:

Does this help?

Indeed it does, thanks! How did you work around it? I added tags in manually, copied the Imgur link directly with THEIR tags, err'thing...

It looks like you were linking the image's PAGE not the image's direct URL. When I clicked the links, it pulled up the Imgur page for it, not the image by itself.

Archived