Finished basing my intercessors last night, excited they are ready to prime now. Debating between black only, black with gray angled spray, blue only, black with blue angled spray. These will be the first crimson fists im painting.

http://i64.tinypic.com/14sma8x.jpg

Vow complete! I finally got these brave sons of Dorn finished, and it took me far longer than I care to admit.

Really happy with how they ended up to be honest, as i've been away from painting since summer. This vow helped me stay motivated to finish them and I wish I could vow again but alas, I am away on holiday tomorrow morning.

Squad Tercio, 3rd Squad, 5th Company. Under the command of Brother Sergeant Salazar. One of the few remaining mostly intact tactical squads stubbornly defending New Rynn City against the forces of the despised xenos wretch, the so called Arch-Arsonist of Charadon, Snagrod.

39978554363_201e4f817f_b.jpg

46218407174_0939a953d0_b.jpg

46218407984_5ac3ececcb_b.jpg

Obligatory shot of the book that sold me on the Crimson Fists many moons ago :wink:

Great work, everyone! I feel, however, that viewasjack deserves a special shout-out for the perfect squad of "old marines". That's some devotion there. Amazing, Crisp. Perfect.

I am curious, how long is "longer than you care to admit"? Would you be able to give an approximate time you spent on painting a marine in the squad?

Great work, everyone! I feel, however, that viewasjack deserves a special shout-out for the perfect squad of "old marines". That's some devotion there. Amazing, Crisp. Perfect.

I am curious, how long is "longer than you care to admit"? Would you be able to give an approximate time you spent on painting a marine in the squad?

Thank you so much Brother Christoper!

I started painting them as a batch around the beginning of December, but only painting 2-3 hours a night when I had the time as I have an 18 month old boy to take care of too. However I also stripped them halfway through as I used some Scale75 paint on the armour and it was way too dark, almost black and the highlights were too extreme.

So actual time in hours is hard to pin down, but they've been WIP since the start of December. Thanks again for the kind words!

Vow complete! I finally got these brave sons of Dorn finished, and it took me far longer than I care to admit.

Really happy with how they ended up to be honest, as i've been away from painting since summer. This vow helped me stay motivated to finish them and I wish I could vow again but alas, I am away on holiday tomorrow morning.

Squad Tercio, 3rd Squad, 5th Company. Under the command of Brother Sergeant Salazar. One of the few remaining mostly intact tactical squads stubbornly defending New Rynn City against the forces of the despised xenos wretch, the so called Arch-Arsonist of Charadon, Snagrod.

Obligatory shot of the book that sold me on the Crimson Fists many moons ago :wink:

These are fantastic. Can I ask where you got the number transfers from? I've been using roman numeral ones from the Primaris sets but they aren't quite right.

These are fantastic. Can I ask where you got the number transfers from? I've been using roman numeral ones from the Primaris sets but they aren't quite right.

Thanks! I think they are from an old Dark Angels transfer sheet I had laying around, possibly from the Veterans set, the ones with the robes.

Greetings, brothers of Dorn!

Work has been slow due to the usual and myriad health problems I possess. No matter. Here's what's new with my two Crimson Tusk vows.

Lieutenant

med_gallery_83709_15161_53742.jpg

As you can hopefully see, the Lieutenant is almost complete. I need to highlight the various silver parts, complete the reliquary and purity seal, paint the red gem in his sword's hilt, and add the company marking on his left knee pad and his rank markings to his helmet. If I'm feeling bold, I'll try the Chapter Symbol for his left pauldron.

Ancient

med_gallery_83709_15161_87735.jpg

Yeah. At least I primed him and got to work on his armour's basecoat! This chap has a long way to go... Funnily enough, out of 10+ years in the hobby, this will be my first proper banner. Looking forward to it!

Progress on my vow in between stumbling through my newly attained parenthood. Will hopefully paint him over the next 2 weeks.

Yeah well said knightsword, it humbles your hobby time some.  I am looking forward to more of that calgar conversion, it's looking pretty good

Great colors on the Whirlwind Scorpius.

Thanks, Bjorn Firewalker. Apropos of absolutely nothing, one of my donkeys is named Bjorn, but this is the first time I've ever said "Thanks, Bjorn". Usually it's "Stop that, Bjorn."

Citadel paints in dropper bottles, what sorcery is this?

Not sorcery, brother. It is a long forgotten technology from the age of the Horus Heresy. Specially trained techmarines obtained containers from a mysterious forge world that some called eeebay. Incantations and a steady hand transferred paint from the balky turret topped urns to streamlined urns resembling ordnance. This allowed speed in delivery of the paint and a protective suspension field to prolong its life.

Oh, and the Spartan is making progress:

gallery_86689_11936_716862.jpg

Archived