The rise of Legio Cascadia!

Rabenga

Are the sprue attachment points easy enough to clean up once you clip the armour plates off the frame? Any issues with paint not adhering to the bare plastic?

Easy to clip off if your careful, paint seems to stick fine..it's not in a location that gets handled much so I think it's fine...that said you should always hit the finished model with a clear coat...( I like testors dull coat, krylon matte works well too.)

So, paint process. Step one is prime everything with Rust-Oleum camouflage earth brown...after that kicks off, douse everything with some cheap hairspray (some people like to decant and apply with air brush, but I go straight from the can cuz I'm ghetto like that). While hairspray is still wet, sprinkle with salt. ( Don't go crazy with this!). When the HS is just barely dry, start airbrushing your base color...I did all the armor panels with the grey, starting with the darkest and working toward the lightest. Mask stripes and what not. Then spray the green and blue bits working from dark to light (you could go from light to dark as well, not sure it makes a considerable difference with these particular colors). Wait a bit for the pait to set, not to long, 30-45 min max! You don't want to leave it overnight... Attack model with a very wet stiff bristle brush and scrub off the salt and you are left with a pretty good patina! (You can also add scratches at this point with a tooth pick or some other pointy thing) Let dry over night. Once everything is super dry, scrub it again with a DRY stiff bristle brush, your just trying to get any residue and crusties off. Hit it with a solid coat of krylon matte ( very important! You want to seal in that hairspray, additional coats of water based paint can activate it if it isn't sealed!). Let cure over night. Apply decals. Apply oil wash with artist oil paints, a mixture of drk browns and oranges work well, thin considerably with oderless mineral spirits and just swab the whole thing and wipe aggressively with paper towels and q tips...trying to remove as much as possible leaving the stain in the crevaces. Let sit for a couple days, when you can't smell thinner, your ready to proceed. Hit with another coat of krylon matte. Now your ready to do all the detail painting!

Imptrssive, most impressive! That’s a beautiful God Engine right there Rabenga! You should be very proud with it!

Say , if you have any more in the pipeline, would you consider joining The Titans of the Heresy event? http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/353097-titans-of-the-heresy/

Oh fine, twist my arm...

Well, as a senior member of the Inner Circle of the Glorious First (which is a real thing btw), that's kind of what we do... :lol:

Wow, what a great looking Reaver! Believe it or not, the weathering actually makes it pop. Any idea which Legio rules you'll be running them with?

Yeah, are you going to adopt any particular Legio rules or you run on standard rules, which of course is a totally viable option.

Interestingly blue and green kind of points toward Legio Astraman - not that it has rules or anything... In fact that was what I thought you were going after when I first came across this thread.

(also, Ace of Spades on the carapace shield decoration? super cool touch! :tu:)

Gorgeous stuff. Love to see heavily-weathered Titans like this, as it really helps to sell the monumentality of the pieces. It's also cool to see a proper home-grown Legio, too – I'm surprised so many people want to do 'canon' groups in this very fertile creative space.

The green and blue are an unusual scheme. On paper, I wouldn't have thought it would work, but the muted green goes beautifully with the more vibrant blue. Fantastic effect!