The rise of Legio Cascadia!

Rabenga

That’s what I’d do (and use the Astorum rules for another) but you’re still talking just a chance to reduce a heat except when firing two you’re virtually guaranteed to generate one or more. You should totally try it in game if you’ve got a pair but would you put an Apoc on top for a pure long range platform? Wouldn’t a Warlord be better at that point?

This game is a lot of fun to Theoryhammer, isn’t it?

That warlord Vulcan looks pretty good. It’s weirder than the reaver one and therefore, arguably, cooler.

Two volcano cannons on a reaver just won’t work I’m afraid. On average you generate two heat per turn and your servitors reduce that by 1.5. That’s before you even think about pushing for shield rerolls or movement - which you shouldn’t need I guess. But if you have any bad luck things will go downhill very fast and you’ll lose your Titan. There’s also a pretty good chance of the machine spirit messing things up for you.

You could make a vague argument for this if it was a sacrifice, doing a ton of damage and then having to go on repair Orders after a nova strike. Trouble is, volcano cannons aren’t really al that powerful. You’re basically looking at the damage a warhound’s plasma blastgun does on maximal fire, and probably gaining 2 points of heat while the warhound only averages 1/3 of a point. You have longer range at least, but ultimately it’s just not that good.

Double melta would be far better if you can manage it. Those are really serious guns and give you none of the issues volcano cannons do.

• 1 month later...

OK, first the Reaver: A M A Z I N G!!!! This looks as Daemonic as it gets! The wings deliver that warped image of a fallen Titan. They look both organic and ornamental... I'm really interested to see how you'll paint them. The crest in the front also adds to the Chaotic feel - Slaaneshi? I also totally approve of the use of the Warlord Vulcan Mega Bolters - they look different enough, yet totally relevant! And lastly of course the left arm gun. OH BOY! Let's see this with some paint on!!!

Then the little Mechanicus guys: The sculpts look pretty good. They must be quite a challenge to paint though - especially as they are so many. I really would like to see Epic return and be integrated with the AT... 

Keep up the good work!

• 1 month later...