Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2000 points of fun against Dark Angels!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

SephirothVI

SephirothVI

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4 posts
-Battalion Detachment +5CP

T'au Empire Sept Choice: Bork'an Sept

HQ

Cadre Fireblade

Cadre Fireblade

Troops

Strike Team
. Fire Warrior Shas'ui: Markerlight
. 4x Fire Warrior

Strike Team
. 4x Fire Warrior

Strike Team
. 4x Fire Warrior

-Super-Heavy Auxiliary Detachment

KV128 Stormsurge 2x Burst cannon, Advanced targeting system, Cluster rocket system, 4x Destroyer missile, Pulse driver cannon, 2x Smart missile system

-Vanguard Detachment +1CP

HQ

Commander in XV86 Coldstar Battlesuit 4x Fusion blaster

Elites

XV8 Crisis Battlesuits
. Crisis Shas'ui: 2x Plasma rifle

XV8 Crisis Battlesuits

XV95 Ghostkeel Battlesuit 2x Burst cannon, Cyclic ion raker, 2x MV5 Stealth Drone, Shield generator, Target lock

-Vanguard Detachment +1CP

T'au Empire Sept Choice: Sa'cea Sept

HQ

Ethereal Honour blade, Puretide engram neurochip

Elites

Firesight Marksman

Firesight Marksman

Firesight Marksman

-Outrider Detachment +1CP

HQ

Commander in XV86 Coldstar Battlesuit 4x Fusion blaster Warlord: Seeker of Perfection or Precision of the Hunter

Fast Attack

Tactical Drones 4x MV1 Gun Drone

-Spearhead Detachment +1CP

HQ

Commander in XV86 Coldstar Battlesuit 4x Fusion blaster

Heavy Support

XV88 Broadside Battlesuits
. Broadside Shas'ui: 2x Smart missile system, Heavy rail rifle

12 CP 1999 points

This is a list I'm going to be using against a Dark Angel's army. I intentionally did not take a riptide. Figured I would try something different. I am unsure about which warlord trait I should use. There may be another thread entirely dedicated to this topic, which I will definitely look for, but I'm not sure which trait is more efficient. I'm positive they both have their own strengths but I can't be certain which one would be a more versatile option. Anyways. I will be posting some pictures of this army either on this thread or a different one. I will also post the Dark Angel's list on this thread just for a little deeper analysis. Let me know what you guys think! The goal is really just to have fun. Thank you guys!

Meta Knight

Meta Knight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 54 posts

I only bring this up because someone mentioned it to me elsewhere on the B&C, but isn't there a 3 detachment limit? Of course, you said this list is mainly for fun games so I imagine if your opponent doesn't mind there won't be a problem

ValourousHeart

ValourousHeart

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,183 posts
  • Faction: Order of the Gossamer Shroud

In the matched play rules there is a limit on the number of detachments and the number of copies of the same data sheet.

You would be better off taking a Brigade + Super Heavy Aux than what you have posted.

Since you are going after maximizing CP, 15 CP is clearly better than 12 CP.

Two things would have to change with your list in order to do that.

You will need to come up with points for 3 more troops for the minimum 6 required.

You will need to drop 1 of your 6 HQs because the Brigade has a maximum of 5 HQs.

You will probably have more than enough points dropping that 1 HQ to pick up those 3 troops.

However you are only required to have 3 HQs, so you may be able to buff some squads to be more effective with the reduction in the number of required HQ units.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users