More new releases from the Open Day

Toxichobbit

From how a lot of mechanics work, GW really doesn't like alpha strikes. I can defintly see them moving away from the cult ambush as it is now, I'd be all for that. All these new models are absoltly fantastic. I cannot wait to see what the codex brings.

I agree, but I do think we'll get something close to stealth suits and the like where we can scout move up the board, maybe something to do with the blips? I imagine from what they said about "taking GSC into consideration with the codex" from chapter approved, I still think we'll get something to boost everything up the board early
My hope would be we get something like a 'waved assault' so not just everything shows up in a 1 turn alpha strike and instead we can bring units in progressively

That sounds amazing, even if it was 1 or 2 units that could, it would change people's playstyle massively and make the GSC have their own gimic in game

I really like all the models so far, but that lady, dont fit well whit the rest of the army :(, looks more like a cosplayer than the tipical more alien, ugly, and low cost guerrilla miner tipe i like in Genestilers Cults, IMO.

That's fair enough, it's just down to personal preference I guess. I think it's a great looking model and it's cool that they're adding more female sculpts to what should be a fairly even split of male to female just like the guard. And she fits really well alongside my female Inquisitor Primus

I really like all the models so far, but that lady, dont fit well whit the rest of the army :(, looks more like a cosplayer than the tipical more alien, ugly, and low cost guerrilla miner tipe i like in Genestilers Cults, IMO.

She's royalty though, she should seem prim and proper compared to the rest

That's fair enough, it's just down to personal preference I guess. I think it's a great looking model and it's cool that they're adding more female sculpts to what should be a fairly even split of male to female just like the guard. And she fits really well alongside my female Inquisitor Primus

Sounds like a new goliath variant is also coming.

not sure if its a whole new kit or just a different build for the goliath.

14" move, almost no guns, open top transport

Where did you hear this? I'm very interested in it with the reckless maneuver stratagem. I've seen a lot of people speculating a new buggy type based on the artwork in the animated trailer, but I'm in the camp that it was just an oddly drawn Goliath

Where did you hear this? I'm very interested in it with the reckless maneuver stratagem. I've seen a lot of people speculating a new buggy type based on the artwork in the animated trailer, but I'm in the camp that it was just an oddly drawn Goliath

This sounds like part of a set of likely false rumours claiming a copy of the codex but with images from the 7th ed book

We have heard that there's more new stuff we haven't seen so not unrealistic that something like this exists!

I really like all the models so far, but that lady, dont fit well whit the rest of the army :sad.:, looks more like a cosplayer than the tipical more alien, ugly, and low cost guerrilla miner tipe i like in Genestilers Cults, IMO.

I really like her for all the reasons you stated. While the aesthetic of the Cult is heavily miner inspired, it makes sense that they'd try to get into positions of power like the PDF and nobility. We've already got a kit for the PDF, this lady seems to be nobility. She'll make a great face for the Cult exactly because she's less grubby and alien looking.

It's very different to a Goliath. Too much to just be an oddly drawn one imo. It's wheels are pushed out at the sides, it's got a bonnet (hood) and radiator that are nothing like the Goliath's, it doesn't have the secondary vision slit at the front and instead has what looks like some sensors/lights/speakers, it's missing the autocannon "turret", it's got a different weapon system (flamer or las I'd guess) mounted in a different place, it doesn't seem to have the top hatch where the Goliath can mount a heavy stubber, it has a section sticking out of the left hand side that the Cultist are in/hanging off and it has a bar going the full width of the truck behind the cab rather than jsut one side - all of these are differences to the Goliath. If it's an oddly drawn Goliath, it was drawn by someone who looked at a Goliath for a whole 30 seconds then drew it from memory.

I'm putting money on it being a new vehicle.

I really like all the models so far, but that lady, dont fit well whit the rest of the army :sad.:, looks more like a cosplayer than the tipical more alien, ugly, and low cost guerrilla miner tipe i like in Genestilers Cults, IMO.

I really like her for all the reasons you stated. While the aesthetic of the Cult is heavily miner inspired, it makes sense that they'd try to get into positions of power like the PDF and nobility. We've already got a kit for the PDF, this lady seems to be nobility. She'll make a great face for the Cult exactly because she's less grubby and alien looking.

It's very different to a Goliath. Too much to just be an oddly drawn one imo. It's wheels are pushed out at the sides, it's got a bonnet (hood) and radiator that are nothing like the Goliath's, it doesn't have the secondary vision slit at the front and instead has what looks like some sensors/lights/speakers, it's missing the autocannon "turret", it's got a different weapon system (flamer or las I'd guess) mounted in a different place, it doesn't seem to have the top hatch where the Goliath can mount a heavy stubber, it has a section sticking out of the left hand side that the Cultist are in/hanging off and it has a bar going the full width of the truck behind the cab rather than jsut one side - all of these are differences to the Goliath. If it's an oddly drawn Goliath, it was drawn by someone who looked at a Goliath for a whole 30 seconds then drew it from memory.

I'm putting money on it being a new vehicle.

ya, the artist was really faithful to the models.

which is why the buggy looked so strange.

as did the "not carnofexes" behind the doc in the trailer. they had a massive carapace

I'd really like some thing more 'tyranidy' in the release. I'd have gone more down the lictor and mawloc route but anything will be nice!

what about the flyign tyranid transport thing from the trailer?

Archived