Titandeath supplement discussion

RedFurioso

C'mon baby, Dusky needs those sweet Legio Mortis rules!

Edit: I don't think the Knight Houses on the transfers necessarily mean they're associated. After all, Malinax is on Mortis and they're really not associated all that much, especially considering Xana II has two entire Titan Legions to itself.

C'mon baby, Dusky needs those sweet Legio Mortis rules!

Edit: I don't think the Knight Houses on the transfers necessarily mean they're associated. After all, Malinax is on Mortis and they're really not associated all that much, especially considering Xana II has two entire Titan Legions to itself.

Apparently according to Andy Hoare, Titandeath is going to have a list of knight houses, their schemes, and which legions they were associated with. Hopefully this will allow for the variation you get between very close vassal households (like Procon Vi and Solaria) and looser allies (like Malinax and Mortis).

Looking at the transfer sheets, Krytos has some seriously good iconography. A winged hammer is decent enough but to have a split visage of a Zeus-like face with a skull - as the 'Godbreakers' - is cool as heck. Nice to see the Solaria iconography updated a little too. Hopefully these won't be the only transfer sheets. Obviously all of them are currently underserved from the little sheets you get with the kits but I would still like to see a Fureans one sooner than later.

Also! Apparently Titandeath, the transfer sheets, the new reaver should all be out within the next three weeks, which should just about clear out the main known releases before the Horus Heresy weekender at the start of February. The individual sprues for the variant warlord and reaver weapons should follow shortly after, but not immediately.

Doubleposting but wanted to get this here from the N&R rumour thread, the AT FB group again:

Information I learned today talking to designers at open day. Again this is just what they said and as we know schedules etc change all the time in this industry

• Titandeath (first AT supplement) will be available in a few weeks time along with the new Reaver and transfers. The weapon packs for the titans will be another couple of weeks after that.. 

• The Warbringer Titan will make it into AT but not for another 2+ years as they have everything mapped out for that length of time they may do xenos but only if they move timeline to 40k such as beast arises era. If so this is At least 5+ years away. They are looking at chaos titans in current window and FW are probably doing upgrade packs at some point

• Dan Abnett said he's started work on a sequel to his Titanicus book.

Shame about the Warbringer but new Abnett writing titans? Yes please.

If they are switching to a release schedule like Necromunda and BB, it’s about 8 plastic releases away (4 per year). We’ve been spoilt in comparison so far.

Like you say, hopefully we’ll see some new and exciting stuff in those 2 years.

If they are switching to a release schedule like Necromunda and BB, it’s about 8 plastic releases away (4 per year). We’ve been spoilt in comparison so far.

Like you say, hopefully we’ll see some new and exciting stuff in those 2 years.

I'm just surprised they released the 28mm version so far ahead of it.

Yeah, I know it's not as simple as setting the biggeriser to reverse but with the amount of design/CAD work that goes into a 28mm titan, I'm surprised that they didn't do it in parallel with the AT version. Feels like it would have been a relatively easy 'win' for them.

If they can't find a development/release space for two years because it's already packed, hopefully there is indeed a lot of new things in the pipline. Considering all we really know about is the Titandeath expansion and the new weapon variants/sprues (Epic/xenos being distant future stuff), it leaves the field wide open. Chaos titans/upgrades aren't two years of releases on their own so it'll be interesting to see where they go. More supplements?

Yeah, I know it's not as simple as setting the biggeriser to reverse but with the amount of design/CAD work that goes into a 28mm titan, I'm surprised that they didn't do it in parallel with the AT version. Feels like it would have been a relatively easy 'win' for them.

If they can't find a development/release space for two years because it's already packed, hopefully there is indeed a lot of new things in the pipline. Considering all we really know about is the Titandeath expansion and the new weapon variants/sprues (Epic/xenos being distant future stuff), it leaves the field wide open. Chaos titans/upgrades aren't two years of releases on their own so it'll be interesting to see where they go. More supplements?

well, the way the Open Day talked about Titandeath has me a bit disappointed, only saying it has new Maniples, Legion Rules, and Campaign rules.

while all of those things are awesome and much needed to flesh out the game, the fact they aren't talking about it adding new titan classes(or accompanying them, sense technically the rules for any new unit will be on their command terminal, not in a book) is a disappointment, sense may of us were expecting it to do so, especially sense the novel of the same name hints at several.

this coupled with the news that the AT Warbringer wont be coming for at least 2 years has me worried that we might not be seeing the other new classes any time soon, and just be getting weapon and cosmetic upgrades to the existing "classic" 3.

this puts me back in the motivational slump I was in before the Warbringer was first shown, the news that there were going to be other classes of Titan added to the game got me exited because it opened up the creative possibilities for my Homebrew Legion, but now I'm afraid that I might not be able to even try to plan them out in the near future, even if actually building them would have to wait.

well, the way the Open Day talked about Titandeath has me a bit disappointed, only saying it has new Maniples, Legion Rules, and Campaign rules.

while all of those things are awesome and much needed to flesh out the game, the fact they aren't talking about it adding new titan classes(or accompanying them, sense technically the rules for any new unit will be on their command terminal, not in a book) is a disappointment, sense may of us were expecting it to do so, especially sense the novel of the same name hints at several.

Well, they haven't ruled out the Rapier despite specifically saying a while back not to hold your breath for it in 40k. It also got a bit more in the way of description in Haley's Titandeath novel than others, so maybe that's on the cards? Same for the other titans that haven't cropped up (Carnivore, Komodo, etc), we're just focusing on the Warbringer because that got a 28mm release, possibly so they could tie it in with the refreshed 28mm Reaver weapons. Could just be the old GW lack of internal communication that means it didn't get worked on for AT.

I agree with Fajita Fan that the range is fairly solid - or will be in a month - but I am left wondering how they're going to fill 2 years when they say they've got it mapped out solidly. They've been pretty clear about ruling out quite a lot in that time:

• no xenos
  • no infantry/tanks
  • no Warbringer
  • no Acastus knights (from one of the livestreams, for now at least, this could perhaps still slide in under the two year mark)
  • no Mechanicum-variant knights (Styrix, Magaera, dunno if this applies to Cerastus Atrapos)
  • no Imperator (this has been discussed as even less likely than xenos/Epic and would probably be a big job, doubt it'd show up before 2021
  • Chaos upgrades not for a while (on one of the livestreams AH said something to the effect that the rules aren't quite yet underway, though could simply be keeping his cards close to his chest)

Set that against what they could reasonably do (probably demonstrating a failure of imagination on my part):

• More supplements? They said Titandeath is the first but in terms of big events, where do you go after that if not the siege? Maybe a more general roundup book for various legions? There's been art produced for Ignatum and they know folks want Audax.
  • The aforementioned Rapier and possibly other new titans bar the Warbringer?
  • Another Cerastus kit for the Castigator and Acheron? Could be plastic, could be resin.
  • More terrain?
  • More detailed rules for knights? This was idly mentioned/wishlisted/spitballed by AH in one of the streams but in theory it could be a relatively low-effort, existing miniatures kind of supplement.
  • What you mentioned, upgrade kits. Could be for specific legions (heads, carapaces, tilting shields) with decals, definitely will be further weapons (warp missile, probably quake cannon and warlord gatlings, etc). Resin missile launchers for knights. 

There's definitely interesting stuff that they could put out but we're hampered by the fact that we only really know what SG has said they're not working on, which is a fairly long list.

I'm a bit confused why they would say no Acastus or Mechanicum variant Knights at the very least.

Also, do we have confirmation on which Legios are covered in the book? Last I knew Mortis and Fureans we're going to be in it but I've heard otherwise.

I'm a bit confused why they would say no Acastus or Mechanicum variant Knights at the very least.

Also, do we have confirmation on which Legios are covered in the book? Last I knew Mortis and Fureans we're going to be in it but I've heard otherwise.

It's still not clear how many Legions will be in the book. I heard various rumours, from 6 to 8 https://twitter.com/spruesandbrews/status/1081548617402540033

If 8 is true, then Mortis, Fureans, Vulpa and Krytos for traitors, Atarus, Astorum, Solaria and Defensor for loyalists

Archived