Titandeath supplement discussion

RedFurioso

They've mentioned in the last year other Titans will be added, and have been as consistent with that as saying that there will be more supplements, that Titandeath is just the first one.

So clearly we know these two things, more Titan variants and more supplements, which to me are great additions.

I recall reading they said on recent events that there will be a Titan between the Reaver and the Warlord. Clearly that is pencilled in already and that is why stuff like the Warbringer Titan can't be slotted in right now.

Also, per the Vigilus weekender report from Garro, there is a lot more new on AT expected during the HH weekender.

I think we'll see more during the Horus Heresy Weekender, the two events are too close for them to already lift the veil on what's next in the release pipeline.

Also, I would not be surprised to see some pre-order announcement coming later tonight. If tonight, pre-orders would be for January 12 and availability from January 19, which would leave 2 weeks until the weekender. If no announcement tonight, then definitely next Sunday.

I would bet on the Rapier being shown at the weekender.

A couple of Ordinati engines might be in the cards. There are quite a few variants. I don't think they have been discussed yet (not that this means anything of course, except that they have not been tagged as "one day maybe, don't hold your breath").

Dreaming of a specific Audax warhound, two in a box, plastic ursus claws, heavier armour plates, specific heads. Sounds a relatively "easy" one.

I think we'll see psi-titans as well, but later.

Also by Garro, confirmation of what Sandlemad posted :

Titan death and the reaver are due on general sale by the Weekender (wether that's on shelves or preorder is unclear)

So looks like it is more towards the end of this month.. 26th at the latest.

The timing doesn’t work to me though. Any new Titan would be in the book and the book will probably be in people’s hands before the HH Weekender, spoiling any reveal.

Would love to be wrong though.

The timing doesn’t work to me though. Any new Titan would be in the book and the book will probably be in people’s hands before the HH Weekender, spoiling any reveal.

Indeed, I overlooked that aspect. The new reaver might come earlier as it has already been shown. We'll see. I'll just need to avoid impulse buying more in the meantime :biggrin.:

Indeed, I overlooked that aspect. The new reaver might come earlier as it has already been shown. We'll see. I'll just need to avoid impulse buying more in the meantime :biggrin.:

there were those rumors of special rules for melee focused Warlord variant as well, which is something that I'll be interested in using, but now the question is if that Titan will have any kind of special modeled bits(be it just a weapon sprue, or even the first alternate armor sprue, and maybe a alternate command terminal or weapon card to represent these rules), or if it will just be rules to apply for using double Power Claws that are already available in the Sunfurry Plasma+Laser Blaster kit(and no carapace weapons, if the rumors I saw were true).

because if that ends up being it's own kit, then I don't need to buy a second Plasma Titan to get what I need for my Legion(and that Power Claw can he used for my other warlords), but if not(or if the rumor is completely false and there are no special melee Warlord rules coming) then I do... in the end all this does is make me hesitant about buying anything...

The Horus Heresy weekender is coming very soon, I would advise to wait before buying more stuff (easier said than done ...).

Would this be a melee focused Warlord or a new model "between Reaver and Warlord"? Makes me think of the old Nightgaunt warlord sub-class. Would love to see it.

I would love to see a 'design your own' Warlord system like there used to be eventually released.  Running a Night Gaunt with Missile Launcher, Fist, 2 void shields but the speed closer to a Reaver was always one of my favourites, especially to look of the pattern.  

The Horus Heresy weekender is coming very soon, I would advise to wait before buying more stuff (easier said than done ...).

Would this be a melee focused Warlord or a new model "between Reaver and Warlord"? Makes me think of the old Nightgaunt warlord sub-class. Would love to see it.

I think everyone expects the Warbringer to be the Reaver-to-Warlord bridge, It's not like it was designed and produced for 28mm without the AT guys knowing about it and is only now adding it to the plan, if anything the whole reason it was created in the first place was for Adeptus Titanicus to have more Titans, and the CAD based design meant that it was a two-for-one job for both scales(doing 28mm first, then downsizing by removing finer details and so on, like they've done for the current AT range of kits that are based on existing 40K models).

that's the reason why many are surprised that the Warbringer is supposedly 2 years away.

I think everyone expects the Warbringer to be the Reaver-to-Warlord bridge, It's not like it was designed and produced for 28mm without the AT guys knowing about it and is only now adding it to the plan, if anything the whole reason it was created in the first place was for Adeptus Titanicus to have more Titans, and the CAD based design meant that it was a two-for-one job for both scales(doing 28mm first, then downsizing by removing finer details and so on, like they've done for the current AT range of kits that are based on existing 40K models).

that's the reason why many are surprised that the Warbringer is supposedly 2 years away.

Indeed, I agree and I am also surprised it would be 2 years away.

This said, the Warbringer is more of a fire platform than a melee focused titan, and nothing prevents to have several "between Reaver and Warlord" classes / sub-classes. We'll see, the more, the merrier!

sense the Rumor in question said it was a Melee focused Warlord variant that lacked carapace weapons but got some altered stats to help it commit to its specialization, and not a new Titan all of its own; I don't think it's relevant  to the possible rules and options of the Warbringer or any potential other Titans of a similar size.

my questions are:

1) is this Rumor true? if yes, great, I was planning on making a melee focused Warlord anyway. if no, I'll just build the double clawed Warlord and figure out what carapace weapon works with that.

2) will this Titan be getting a special upgrade sprue?(meaning either a sprue with double claws and/or other melee options, and maybe some kind of armor pieces that cover the carapace weapon spots, maybe even other bits as well) if yes, I'll need to buy it. if no, then I'll need to buy two of the plasma titans to get two claws to use on one of them.

3) if it has a specific model to use, will it be sold as part of full warlord kit, like the current 2 kits, or will it only be sold separately(possibly as the first FW resin upgrades)? if it's its own kit, then I can just buy that; if it's a separately sold upgrade, then I'll be free to buy any warlord kit that's on the market by then to use it with, and get spare weapons for my other Titans in the process.

I seem to remember from AT release time that the word was there would be another opportunity to get GM edition in early 2019. Any chance of this happening around the Titandeath release?

No Mechanicum Knight types? On top of the current knights not having any of the Mechanicum styled heads that’s quite a blow to those of us running Mechanicum aligned houses (which ought be the ones more often allied with Legios).

That the Knight rocket pod will likely be resin also dashes my hope they’d put the Mechanicum Knight heads and thunder fist gauntlet (even if just cosmetic) on a sprue with it.

I guess I may have to convert up Mechanicum Knight heads.

The fluff book mentions at least three other titan classes that I can remember. There was a small scout, apparently crewed by just three moderatii, a Nightgaunt (of unknown size) and a siege titan with a wrecking ball and drill. It wouldn't be totally shocking to see these in the book - though to be fair none of them played a major part in the story.

The fluff book mentions at least three other titan classes that I can remember. There was a small scout, apparently crewed by just three moderatii, a Nightgaunt (of unknown size) and a siege titan with a wrecking ball and drill. It wouldn't be totally shocking to see these in the book - though to be fair none of them played a major part in the story.

By the fluff book you mean Guy Haley's Titandeath book?

Archived