Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

40,000 Heroes: Custom Character Multiplayer Skirmish Rules

Custom Character Chapter Approved 2018 Multiplayer Skirmish Expansion

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

N1SB

N1SB

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 947 posts

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&s

File Name: 40,000 Heroes

File Submitter: N1SB

File Submitted: 05 Jan 2019

File Category: Wargaming Downloads

40,000 Heroes is a Warhammer 40,000 multiplayer expansion focusing on Custom Characters using Chapter Approved 2018’s rules. It is designed for 3 or more players with each controlling a lone Hero.

The idea started at one of the Hong Kong Warhammer Stores as a post-Christmas Boxing Day bash. It's been a tradition for the Store Managers to design a special scenario for all the players in town to celebrate the holidays together and this year's turned out to be so much fun and surprisingly balanced that the players urged the Store Manager to make it a regular event, perhaps with a new mission each month.

As such, please see this as you would perhaps a game that's totally playable, but still in Early Access. When in doubt, please refer to the current 8th edition rules, including the Multiplayer Battles section in the main rulebook. If an issue is still unclear, please choose a solution that makes the most narrative sense and/or fun for all players.

Click here to download this file

Edited by N1SB, 08 January 2019 - 02:12 AM.

• Quixus, Son of Carnelian, Aramis K and 1 other like this

gallery_57329_13636_22281.jpg

Quixus

Quixus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,805 posts
  • Faction: To be decided later

Sounds fun and an opportunity to paint models you do not want a whole army of.

Especially with the team play mission I think a more involved respawn mechanic would make the game more interesting. Maybe something like:

- On a roll of 4+ characters can revive other characters if they are within 1" of the downed character and do nothing else in the shooting and/or assault phase. Characters that advanced in the same round must spend their shooting and assault phase reviving.

- "Healer" characters (Apothecary, Painboy etc.) can do the same on e 2+

- the downed character becomes active again in the next round.

- in the round following the downing of a character the controlling player can opt to respawn his character anywhere on the table edge.

Capture the flag/relic could also be fun.

• N1SB likes this

N1SB

N1SB

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 947 posts

Sounds fun and an opportunity to paint models you do not want a whole army of.

Especially with the team play mission I think a more involved respawn mechanic would make the game more interesting. Maybe something like:

- On a roll of 4+ characters can revive other characters if they are within 1" of the downed character and do nothing else in the shooting and/or assault phase. Characters that advanced in the same round must spend their shooting and assault phase reviving.

- "Healer" characters (Apothecary, Painboy etc.) can do the same on e 2+

- the downed character becomes active again in the next round.

- in the round following the downing of a character the controlling player can opt to respawn his character anywhere on the table edge.

Capture the flag/relic could also be fun.

Thanks for reading and your comments.

After our 2nd game of this, I got talking to a guy and we started using MMO terms like "DPS" and "Tank".  I think it makes sense for Healers to be part of it.  A model-face-down mechanic before respawn might make sense, giving other Characters a chance to resuscitate a downed model could be fun.  I'll raise the issue, thanks.

I was thinking Capture the Flag scenario would be hilarious.  I used to play Unreal Tournament.  Like I remember you can't carry a Flag inside a Vehicle, so like no Bikes/Jetbikes/Cavalry/Chariots.  Maybe this would be the Valentine's Day event, where we have to capture Pvt Romeo or Sister Juliet and bring them to the other side.

• Grotsmasha and Quixus like this

gallery_57329_13636_22281.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Custom Character, Chapter Approved 2018, Multiplayer, Skirmish, Expansion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users