Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Urban Conquest next week!

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

Burni

Burni

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 607 posts
https://www.warhamme...loomspite-gitz/

Having never picked up planetary empires, I’m going to grab this for future use. And the objects and scatter terrain look handy. Hopefully it’s going to cost a lot less that the average GW box has been recently.

Explains why they showed it but didn’t talk about it on WHC - as they are going to cover that this week!

Edited by Burni, 06 January 2019 - 05:52 PM.

• Marshal Rohr likes this

.Torch.

.Torch.

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 255 posts
Looking forward to this, this will combine nicely with planetary empires and give me an excuse to paint some more tiles!
  • Burni likes this
gallery_48988_15094_5524.pnggallery_48988_15094_6453.png

Doghouse

Doghouse

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,143 posts
  • Faction: Summoners

I remember the original Mighty Empires, amazing game.

This looks really nice, that map looks like the one they used in their studio campaign years ago.

TRUESCALE SPACE MARINE TUTORIAL

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Spoiler

Burni

Burni

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 607 posts
I do wonder if GW’s new super busy release schedule is it’s own worst enemy. I was on the edge of buying some Squigs just to paint up (don’t play AoS) but now I’m buying Urban Conquest instead. Whereas if they had been separated by a couple of weeks I’d have ended up with both (not knowing Conquest was coming).

Shouldn’t complain too much though, who doesn’t like new stuff for your chosen game system regularly!

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15,584 posts
  • Faction: Knights of Baal

Nah, if you don't buy into AoS because you have enough 40k stuff to buy then that's perfectly fine for GW. They only care about 40k players buying into AoS if the 40k players would have money to spare otherwise. They want all your money regardless of where you spend it. There will be enough AoS player who will buy the new AoS models instead of Urban Conquest, don't worry. ;)

• Burni and MaulerUK like this

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpg

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

++ EXPLORATOR BIOLOGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,187 posts
  • Faction: Imperium, Chaos, Xenos
Urban Conquest is nice, but Manufactorum! Hoping it has a bit more than just those two sprues, but either way, I'm probably going to end up broke buying plastic building material. :lol:
  • Doghouse and MagicHat like this
My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners
Posted Here: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Completed Squads: Stoneburners - Hall of Honor Forum
Other Material Here (Angels on both sides of the War and Wolves): PCA WiP Forum
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 20,051 posts
  • Faction: VIIth Legion
I wonder if the rulebook will be available separately, or if it will only be available in the boxed set.

gallery_26_548_13550.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_548_4494.png

Captain_Krash

Captain_Krash

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 793 posts
  • Faction: Lamenters

Looks like there using the really nice and old Vogan campaign map! Thats a nice blast from the past 

Krash

• Vykes likes this

Ad Victoriam

ST.Lazarus

ST.Lazarus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 120 posts

Of interest to note is that there are Reivers with the fast attack symbol and Stalker carbines on the front of the book.

Battybattybats

Battybattybats

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,346 posts
I’m not seeing anything new in the manufactorum that I didn’t just get in the derelict factorum box. It looks like instead it’s just half the sprues from the derelict set, the ones that fit the imperialis system but not the damaged version of the mechanicum system sprue or big tank sprue.

Tyriks

Tyriks

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,649 posts

I’m not seeing anything new in the manufactorum that I didn’t just get in the derelict factorum box. It looks like instead it’s just half the sprues from the derelict set, the ones that fit the imperialis system but not the damaged version of the mechanicum system sprue or big tank sprue.

The article specifies the kit has new sprues.

Cheex

Cheex

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,820 posts

Interested to see how this works. A little unsure about the map system, but the terrain and objective markers look nice. I wonder if the Cities of Death rules in Urban Conquest are more expansive than in CA18? Or is it just going to be a copy/paste job with a campaign system added?

Battybattybats

Battybattybats

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,346 posts

The article specifies the kit has new sprues.

I know it says that, but does it really? The example sprue pictures are sprues in the Derelict set. The painted model on the box appears built from the sprues in the derelict set.

Currently the set that does look to have a unique sprue is the derelict set with the new damaged sector mechanicus floor, pipe and incinerator parts.

It makes me wonder if the release schedule got altered and this article didn’t get the rewrite it needed. Or maybe there is something new in this that we just can’t yet see. But currently I’m thinking the article is wrong through some schedule change.
  • RipOffProductions likes this

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 14,844 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment
Vogen returns!
  • Chaplain Dosjetka and Loquille like this

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

ST.Lazarus

ST.Lazarus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 120 posts

8rq3i1gnqx821.jpg

I got downvoted to oblivion on Reddit for saying that they Reivers have Stalker Carbines on the cover instead of Heavy bolt pistols. But those are Stalker carbines.

• DuskRaider, MaulerUK, Viridia and 4 others like this

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,887 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
They are indeed!

-~Ishagu~-

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15,584 posts

Of interest to note is that there are Reivers with the fast attack symbol and Stalker carbines on the front of the book.

That's not the Fast Attack symbol. The Fast Attack symbol is a lightning bolt and is purely crunch. They have the Close Support symbol as they always had and as they are listed as in the Codex.

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpg

Aramis K

Aramis K

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 479 posts
  • Faction: Ω XX Ω

I got downvoted to oblivion on Reddit for saying that they Reivers have Stalker Carbines on the cover instead of Heavy bolt pistols. But those are Stalker carbines.

Square mags and different scopes on two of them and missing the foregrip. You're right they're different with elements of the stalker rifles, but personally I think still within normal artistic variation for normal bolt carbines with bits of tacticool bling. I think a ranged Reiver unit on new spruces would have more distinct weapons and silouettes.

I suspect various bits of the Primaris range and art are designed to lure people with more reference to real military kit. Call of Duty style gun mods, miniguns, etc.
More... American, perhaps... (hides)
I'm on Instagram as Aramis_esq

Mentor Legion, Deathwatch, and bastard geneseed log
"Officially, they were designated the Unnumbered Sons of the Primarchs, but they called themselves the Greyshields. They were the new sons of old science, and they had no fraternity but their own."

My Heresy Alpha Legion log - XX in progress

ST.Lazarus

ST.Lazarus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 120 posts
I have not seen any other portrayal in the artwork so far of a boltcarbine that dosn't look like a bolt carbine.

I would speculate that a box of reivers will come that has a "ranged" load out that in the futire will replace the sniper scouts.

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15,584 posts

I'd say it's extremely unlikely that we're going to see additional wargear for existing units or else GW will invalidate all the boxes for that unit they've put on the market already.

It's more wishlisting than anything else.

Disclaimer:

Slasher956

Slasher956

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 550 posts
  • Faction: OoOML, Ulthwé

I'd say it's extremely unlikely that we're going to see additional wargear for existing units or else GW will invalidate all the boxes for that unit they've put on the market already.

It's more wishlisting than anything else.

Imperial Knights!

Up until the last release if you wanted a different weapon load out you had to buy a different box... so yes for some units I can see GW release a 2nd box with different loadouts for the people who already have a number of copies of the the unit with the original load outs then in a year or two drop both boxes and release 1 new repackaged one with all the options

• sfPanzer likes this

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15,584 posts

Yeah there are always exceptions to the rule of course. Tho I'd say it's hard to compare a huge LoW box with a small basic infantry box.

Disclaimer:

ST.Lazarus

ST.Lazarus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 120 posts
How many variants were made of the basic marine but with diffrent loadouts?

PiñaColada

PiñaColada

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 728 posts

Aren't space marine scouts two different kits? Wouldn't this basically be the same deal?

• MaulerUK likes this

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15,584 posts

I guess they could make it two different kits, yeah. Not sure if that's something they'd do with Primaris tho. I'd think if they wanted actual Sniper they'd introduce a completely new unit instead of a different Reiver variant.

Disclaimer:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users