Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Urban Conquest next week!

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

Lord Raven 19

Lord Raven 19

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 334 posts

Of interest to note is that there are Reivers with the fast attack symbol and Stalker carbines on the front of the book.

not fast attack
close support
  • sfPanzer likes this

Lord Raven19

Lord of Deliverence and Scion of Tallarn; Baron of Krastellan; Champion of Mortarion; Lord under Abaddon.

Victorus aut Mortis

PiñaColada

PiñaColada

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 908 posts

I mean, I agree that if they made a new kit and the only difference were slightly dissimilar weapons then it'd feel like a waste since that could be done with an upgrade sprue. But I don't think it's all that unlikely, hopefully the kit would also have a new heavy weapon in there akin to the heavy bolter/missilie launcher for the normal scouts. Then I can absolutely see it happening, if they get a mark II lascannon or whatever in the box as well.

ST.Lazarus

ST.Lazarus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 193 posts

Of interest to note is that there are Reivers with the fast attack symbol and Stalker carbines on the front of the book.

not fast attack
close support

Yes, i forgot they changed it.

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 18,742 posts
  • Faction: Knights of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

I think it's a mistake to compare Reiver this much with Scouts. They are more like Assault Marines than they are like Scouts.

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Chaplain Dosjetka

Chaplain Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 12,479 posts
=][= This thread isn't for speculation about Reivers, it's to discuss the release of the Urban Conquest expansion. Please stick to the topic at hand. =][=
  • Juggernut and Hyperfocal like this

tn_gallery_45765_15430_660.pnggallery_45765_12339_44045.pngtn_gallery_45765_11834_1547.png

You carry the Emperor's will as your torch, with it destroy the shadows.

Accept all challenges, no matter the odds.

Suffer not the Heretic to live.

Abhor the Typo.

ST.Lazarus

ST.Lazarus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 193 posts
Super excited about urban conquest. I think they have resolved on of the classic pitfalls of how to track a campaign. Will be really interesting to see the details.

Tyriks

Tyriks

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,996 posts
I'm very keen to see the book. A lot of potentially interesting material.

Raven1

Raven1

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,751 posts
I am excited for this release. A narrative campaign with a cities of death focus sounds like great fun.

gallery_33260_13323_10404.pnggallery_33260_13323_11012.pngETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_02_.jpgETL_VI_Badge_Forum_Champion_Chaos_DemonsETL_Medal_01.gif

killersquid

killersquid

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 313 posts
  • Faction: Harlequins
I was hoping 40k would get a campaign book like the AOS firestorm campaign box this looks really exciting!

Captain Smashy Pants

Captain Smashy Pants

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 807 posts
This actually appeals to me more as a campaign system than Vigilus does as a campaign system. Firstly it appears to be map based which makes it a lot mor fun, secondly its all city based where as Vigilus appears to encompass all sorts of terrain, which while being good for variety means you need a wider selection of terrain pieces which can be a pain. Definitely picking this up for the campaign alone, though the ruins and objectives are a nice bonus.
gallery_62972_14467_3390.jpggallery_62972_14467_13489.jpggallery_62972_14467_3390.jpg

I do find it hilarious that some people were saying the size of newer marine stuff looks great next to regular humans like Cadians, and then GW upsized the humans so they are the same height as marines again :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fr33Dom

Fr33Dom

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 959 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
The Hivesprawls of Vigilus: https://www.warhamme...omepage-post-1/
  • Battybattybats likes this

Deathwatch

W.I.P White Consuls 3rd Company

Sickness, disease, plague and pox

ETL_VI_Banner_02_Oathbraker_.jpggallery_69091_12729_13131.jpggallery_48988_15094_6323.pnggallery_48988_15094_1196.png

Vanger

Vanger

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 587 posts

From the GW newsletter:

50226167_1980284418707705_80914112181929

I guess, new terminator sets confirmed :D (Or it's a character...)

• DeadFingers likes this

I took ballistics in school. Fascinating subject. Things go up! Things go down!

*Laughs in Heretic Astartes*

Reclusiarch Krieg

Reclusiarch Krieg

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,795 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

And CSM then as well, the DA box Chosen do not have swords or axes like these.

Threefold Brush Studio Cheap! Fast! Gorgeous! We ship worldwide.

Lorgar signed the pact for his soul with crayons,

Erebus drinks recaf made with keel water of the Furious Abyss

and Kor Phaeron's mum was an abhuman!
- Blackclad Hools of Rogal Dorn

BolterZorro

BolterZorro

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 584 posts

It seems that he is the last chaos miniature showed on the open day (chaos guy/wizzard  with horns and trident)

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,447 posts
  • Faction: Sons of Horus

It seems that he is the last chaos miniature showed on the open day (chaos guy/wizzard  with horns and trident)

Definitely isn't him

• Juggernut, Antarius, sfPanzer and 1 other like this

bl-logo.jpg

The Unblinking Eye
A (perpetually inactive) blog about 30k & the Sons of Horus 29th Company

Tyriks

Tyriks

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,996 posts

Definitely not the same. This art is in terminator armor and the only part on fire is the weapon, which was about the only part of the mini we saw that WASN'T on fire.
  • RipOffProductions likes this

Mr4Minutes

Mr4Minutes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 377 posts
Today’s article was supposed to be about the urban conquest set and instead GW just promoted the Vigilus book and it’s different environments. The Urban Conquest hype train is disappointing so far.

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

++ EXPLORATOR BIOLOGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,787 posts
  • Faction: Imperium, Chaos, Xenos

Today’s article was supposed to be about the urban conquest set and instead GW just promoted the Vigilus book and it’s different environments. The Urban Conquest hype train is disappointing so far.

Oddly enough, the title of the article is Urban Conquest: The Hivesprawls of Vigilus - so the article was supposed to be about the hivesprawls of Vigilus, per the title. Not sure where the disappointment in that comes from.

Now, consider that the great majority of the combat environments detailed in Vigilus ARE urban environments, and seeing as Vigilus has also been stated to be able to a template or example on building a large campaign, the topic and Urban Conquest seem to go hand in hand. You can use the two pieces to feed each other, enhancing your game play.

If you are only interested in Urban Conquest, and only want more specifics on details on that product, I totally understand - however, GW did just release Vigilus - it doesn't seem like it's that far-fetched that they'd want to tie the two together some. Vigilus is good (not the greatest thing ever) and pretty fluff dense, much more so than previous campaign books. It falls a bit flat with the rules section, IMO, I'd have preferred more rules for the Ultima Founding stuff, more like the introduction of new forces back in the Codex: Armageddon and Codex: Eye of Terror, but the campaign stuff is interesting - I just wish they'd used more unknown forces, rather than putting forward highlights on the First Foundings (for the most part) again as far as Marine forces.

As I said, much of the detailed combat areas of Vigilus are the hive sprawls, so Urban Conquest makes sense alongside it. I'm looking forward to more information about what exactly is involved in the game kit. I would give it a bit more time before you let your hype die down.
  • Vanger and Antarius like this
My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners; Images: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Completed Squads: Stoneburners - Hall of Honor Forum
Drakeslayers, Bellicose Monster Hunters of the Fang: Drakeslayers - Space Wolves Forum
Other Material Here (Angels on both sides of the Long War): PCA WiP Forum
gallery_59244_7045_11084.jpggallery_59244_7045_3768.jpggallery_59244_7045_10256.jpg

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,850 posts

From the GW newsletter:

I guess, new terminator sets confirmed biggrin.png (Or it's a character...)

dark-souls-binoculars-memes-300x200.jpg

Regular Terminator or character, I like his double handed flaming mace.

And one of the other CSM, the rightmost one, is one of the DV Chosen, or at least looks rather similar.

411568_md-Chaos%20Space%20Marines%2C%20D

• Vanger, Juggernut and Bryan Blaire like this

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

++ EXPLORATOR BIOLOGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,787 posts
  • Faction: Imperium, Chaos, Xenos

And one of the other CSM, the rightmost one, is one of the DV Chosen, or at least looks rather similar.

Would be sooooo nice to finally get a decent multi-part kit like the DV Chosen, as well as a decent "renegade" Marines kit/upgrade sprue for those less mutated/Warp-touched. Then bring on some new upgrade sprues for warbands and some more kits for the remaining cult Legions.
  • Marshal Loss likes this
My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners; Images: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Completed Squads: Stoneburners - Hall of Honor Forum
Drakeslayers, Bellicose Monster Hunters of the Fang: Drakeslayers - Space Wolves Forum
Other Material Here (Angels on both sides of the Long War): PCA WiP Forum
gallery_59244_7045_11084.jpggallery_59244_7045_3768.jpggallery_59244_7045_10256.jpg

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,850 posts

Yeah, that would be extremely nice, but I'm not too hapeful to get that many things. Even getting a kit for Chosen seems unlikely to me. Really, the only thing I'm truly expecting, besides Abaddon and some named/generic characters, is a new CSM squad. Noise Marines and Zerkers will come later, but for the upcoming Undivided release I can't say I expect many things. Obliterators would be very much welcomed though.

Edited by DeadFingers, 09 January 2019 - 05:45 AM.

• Marshal Loss and Son of Carnelian like this

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 18,742 posts
  • Faction: Knights of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

The newsletter even mentioned some new FAQ which doesn't exist. :D

From the GW newsletter:

I guess, new terminator sets confirmed biggrin.png (Or it's a character...)

Gimme smokey staff Terminators please!

• Marshal Loss likes this

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,447 posts

New Terminators would be an absolute dream come true. Who knows, maybe the staff will be a vanilla equivalent for the Blight Lords' plague flail: a cool 1 in 5 man melee weapon. Fingers crossed that it (the unusual weapon wielded by the Terminator in the art) isn't just artistic license, as the DV marine may tentatively indicate. I doubt it's a special character, because if it was, the box wouldn't be showing us his back.

• Vanger likes this

bl-logo.jpg

The Unblinking Eye

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,850 posts

Fingers crossed that it (the unusual weapon wielded by the Terminator in the art) isn't just artistic license, as the DV marine may tentatively indicate.

If anything, it's the Gravis Captain and the Lieutenant that reinforce the idea that this art is based on models, rather than the CSM that may or may not be the DV Chosen. The Lieutenant is even practically in the same pose as the model.

60010199015_40KDarkImperiumENG04.jpg

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,447 posts

One could point out that the Primaris are far more homogenised and therefore artwork is always going to be bound to closely resemble the models, but that's a good point & a good catch re: the Lieutenant's pose. I think that the CSM is unquestionably based on the DV Chosen, going by the left shoulder/helmet/weapon, even if it isn't a perfect match.

bl-logo.jpg

The Unblinking Eye

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users