Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Urban Conquest next week!

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,339 posts
  • Faction: Sons of Horus

Hype levels for new CSM increasing

• Iron-Daemon Forge and Marshal Rohr like this

bl-logo.jpg

The Unblinking Eye
A (perpetually inactive) blog about 30k & the Sons of Horus 29th Company

Hellex_The_Thanatar

Hellex_The_Thanatar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 789 posts
Looks blight hauler or a bit bigger drone in size maybe?

Triszin

Triszin

++ MODERATI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,863 posts

8rq3i1gnqx821.jpg

I got downvoted to oblivion on Reddit for saying that they Reivers have Stalker Carbines on the cover instead of Heavy bolt pistols. But those are Stalker carbines.

the attachment on their backpacks also looks oddly like a miniature deepstrike beacon

banana

Raven1

Raven1

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,744 posts
Could a new Defiler, would I be something dark mech like those awesome negavolt cultists.

gallery_33260_13323_10404.pnggallery_33260_13323_11012.pngETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_02_.jpgETL_VI_Badge_Forum_Champion_Chaos_DemonsETL_Medal_01.gif

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 20,248 posts
Certainly ain't a defiler. Too radical a change. But hooray for more Daemon engines! Looks like a beetle more than a spider to me with the large scythe/ horn.

However I hope all this new chaos stuff is being accompanied by some actual new marines.
  • sfPanzer likes this

Fr33Dom

Fr33Dom

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 959 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines

More info: https://www.warhamme...omepage-post-1/

Is the UK price known yet? Saw some talk about it in Canadian Loonies or whatever they use and it sounded pretty expensive. If it’s much over £50 I think I’ll skip it.

I reckon it’ll be £50 on the nose mate.

I was £10 out.

Deathwatch

W.I.P White Consuls 3rd Company

Sickness, disease, plague and pox

ETL_VI_Banner_02_Oathbraker_.jpggallery_69091_12729_13131.jpggallery_48988_15094_6323.pnggallery_48988_15094_1196.png

sarabando

sarabando

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,249 posts

2K for the gaming terrain set???  censored.gif

Aus? thats double the current conversion rate of the uk price  man :cuss GW and they way they handle AUS/NZ

• Battybattybats likes this

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 16,293 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment
There’s no way that box is 2,000 of anything

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

Burni

Burni

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 870 posts

More info: https://www.warhamme...omepage-post-1/

Is the UK price known yet? Saw some talk about it in Canadian Loonies or whatever they use and it sounded pretty expensive. If it’s much over £50 I think I’ll skip it.

I reckon it’ll be £50 on the nose mate.
I was £10 out.
Aye. It’s just a bit too much for something I’m not sure I’d use anytime soon. I was going to get it as I regret not getting Plantary Empires but I can’t justify it when Titandeath is due soon.

Mendi Warrior

Mendi Warrior

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,046 posts

There’s no way that box is 2,000 of anything

You are right

The bundle is NZD 2160 https://www.games-wo...Collection-2019

The description says "This bundle contains:
1x Warhammer 40,000: Urban Conquest
1x Sector Imperialis: Manufactorum
1x Sector Imperialis: Administratum
1x Sector Imperialis Ruins
1x Sector Imperialis Basilicanum
1x Realm of Battle: Sector Imperialis"

Individually, in the same order, the sets are respectively NZD 198, 124, 99, 74, 198, and 600. Or a total of NZD 1,293 … 

LOL! No way this is correct … either the price is a typo or the description is grossly erroneous … No one sane would buy that …

Looking at the picture, there is a sanctum not mentioned in the description and 2 basilicanum instead of 1 … Best to double check the exact correct composition of the bundle. The sanctum is NZD 149. Still not getting to NZD 2160 …

Edit: I think, based on the picture, there should be 3x Sector Imperialis Ruins, 2x each of the Manufactorum, Administratum, Basilicanum and Sanctum in the bundle, in addition to 1x Urban Conquest and 1x Realm of Battle Sector Imperialis. Best to double check though

Edited by Mendi Warrior, 12 January 2019 - 11:20 AM.

gallery_48988_15151_9524.png

sockwithaticket

sockwithaticket

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,602 posts
  • Faction: Crimson Tears

I'd really like a model based on that navigator statue.

• Doghouse likes this

Crimson Tears, Deathwatch and Inquisition WIP thread (most recent page):
http://www.bolterand...updated/page-28

Deathwatch Hall of Honour thread:
http://www.bolterand...maccrage/page-4

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpg

Maschinenpriester

Maschinenpriester

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 232 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children
No way I am going to pay 80 euros for urban conquest. O.o was pretty hyped for it. But that is a bit much... maybe they release some of the contents seperately.
but that is just a personal opinion. Not sure what is in the book exactly. I just feel the basilicanum kit for kida the same price would give me more value.

Edited by Maschinenpriester, 12 January 2019 - 11:27 AM.

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 18,301 posts
  • Faction: Knights of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

I'd readily pay the 80€ for Urban Conquest, however I still have Wrath&Rapture and Blackstone Fortress on my list and who knows what GW is going to release once I've bought those two.

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpg

Black_Knight

Black_Knight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 927 posts
  • Faction: AdMech, DW, IK, Blood Ravens

From the release video, its so fast and zoomed in, you do not get a full idea of what you get.

I really get the impression that they know its about £10 too much for what you get. It is basically an objective pack(£20) and a rule book(£25) with a plastic sheet(£5?)

gallery_48988_15465_45080.pnggallery_48988_15465_8206.pngETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_01.gif

Fr33Dom

Fr33Dom

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 959 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
£45 on dark sphere. Not sure how much they charge for postage though as I’ve never bought off them before.

Deathwatch

W.I.P White Consuls 3rd Company

Sickness, disease, plague and pox

ETL_VI_Banner_02_Oathbraker_.jpggallery_69091_12729_13131.jpggallery_48988_15094_6323.pnggallery_48988_15094_1196.png

No Foes Remain

No Foes Remain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,892 posts
  • Faction: See signature plan

£45 on dark sphere. Not sure how much they charge for postage though as I’ve never bought off them before.

Last order I did was £3.50 next day tracked. Thats their cheapest.

• Fr33Dom likes this

Formerly known as Cpt Ventris                                                               Legions/Chapters/Armies/Forces/Whatever:

30k: 10th Expeditionary Fleet 'Legion of Terra' - 18 Legiones Astartes detachments from all active Legions;

Geno One-Four-One Akkad 'Black Scorpions'; Dominion of Thedas 3rd Spartii Imperialis Auxilia Regiment; House Cousland; 901st Solar Auxiliary Cohort

40k: SM: Astral Claws 5th Company; Sol Wardens; Steel Wolves [Brotherhood of the Steel-Eyed-Wolf of the Ordu of Jaghatai]; Dorn's Sentinels

BA Successor: Crimson Saints

DA Successor: Void Angels

Astra Militarum/Imperial Guard: 83rd Tyrant's Legion;

Knight House: House Cousland

Renegade Astartes: Void Knights

True-Scale: The Legion of Blackshields

RipOffProductions

RipOffProductions

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 482 posts

$100 in US, I was expecting $75, maybe $80 maximum.

• Tordeck likes this

Bev'an

Bev'an

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 97 posts

Cheers for that some decent prices! Might consider it now. I only wanted the scatter terrain anyway.
  • Fr33Dom likes this

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 18,301 posts

From the release video, its so fast and zoomed in, you do not get a full idea of what you get.

I really get the impression that they know its about £10 too much for what you get. It is basically an objective pack(£20) and a rule book(£25) with a plastic sheet(£5?)

Also multiple card packs which usually cost about 10 each. It's more than just a rulebook to play a campaign, you get the tools to build a campaign. It's basically its own minigame. So I don't really think the price is too much but it entirely depends on how often you'll be able to use it in your group.

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpg

Black_Knight

Black_Knight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 927 posts
  • Faction: AdMech, DW, IK, Blood Ravens

I forgot about the cards, still this box doesn't sing out to me like alot of the boxes recently. I really would of prefered the terrain seperate or something more substantial.

gallery_48988_15465_45080.pnggallery_48988_15465_8206.pngETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_01.gif

GAZ_AV_NZ

GAZ_AV_NZ

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 153 posts
  • Faction: Various
It's 2160 NZ
Correct

It's a rip off here
We buy off eBay cheaper lol
Cheaper to buy from somewhere in Europe further away
It's stupid
No wonder few play 40k here

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 18,301 posts

Everything is a rip off in NZ/Australia unfortunately. Nothing new about that even if it sucks.

• Battybattybats likes this

Disclaimer:

Tylydox

Tylydox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 738 posts

I realized what that crawling Chaos thing reminds me of - Khorne Blood Slaughterer from FW.

Sign my petition about Collaboration between Games Workshop and Hasbro to create My Little Pony in WH40K Universe

: https://www.ipetitio...p-and-hasbro-to

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,719 posts

I realized what that crawling Chaos thing reminds me of - Khorne Blood Slaughterer from FW.

Everywhere this image's been posted there's someone saying it's a Blood Slaughterer, and some more people backing them up. I say they all need to get their eyes checked.

Unless GW made their own version of the Slaughterer and drastically changed the design, this isn't it.

Edited by DeadFingers, 14 January 2019 - 12:53 PM.

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 18,301 posts

I guess the Blood Slaughterer is the closest existing model to whatever it is on the artwork but it's still pretty different so I doubt it's that.

Disclaimer:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users