Random does Legio Mortum Corvi (with painted pics now)

RandomMarine

Battlegroup box arrived today.

Took a while deciding whether or not to make my own legion or follow a existing scheme. Decided to do my own they are going to mainly black and dark purple with deep blue accents an silver trim

I'm in the process of generating background for them but they will be iron hand allies of some flavor to match my 30k army

Building warhounds RN

I'll post pics tomorrow

Good idea about on the lighter blue accents .

Just finished building the sub assemblies and bases for the warhounds pics inbound

Randomly my battle group box had a extra reaver legs and torso sprue so I don have to worry to much about :cussing up the legs. Any leftover bits will be used to base the warlord with a dead reaver or I'll see what extra I need to make a 2nd complete Reaver

Cool.

Sounds like you are missing the armour panels sprue and the weapons sprue to have an additional reaver.

With the reaver new weapons sprue coming soon, you might not need a lot (it will have weapons and head). From the armour panels sprue of the complete reaver, you have extras for the carapace, the shoulders, and one knee. Seems, subject to double checking, you are basically missing the legs armour panels, the ones for the feet pistons, the top and back of the torso, the front and back crotch plates. You might want to check hobbytitan website, seems the bits you need would cost about USD24 (legs + torso + shoulders and plating bundles). Plus shipping and customs taxes if, like me, you are living outside of the US.

Or, as you suggest, you can have the extra bits used for basing. You can even use them on several bases, or make a specific "destroyed reaver" base to use after your complete reaver is destroyed in battle (or, preferably, your opponent's reaver).

Base colours ,finished base, colour appropriate washes , some smaller details picked out and some light weathering . I haven't done the striping (waiting on template) or attached the arms to the warlord (waiting on magnets)

I've had the last 8 days off work (paid leave and some owed lue time) so I've had plenty of hobby time

Archived