Redemptors are the new Razorback

Cruor Vault

The problem with the Redemptor is it loses so much firepower for moving. If you want a big stompy Dreadnought to close the ground with the enemy you would do better with the Contemptor since it is faster, has superior stats and cheaper.

If the thing could move and fire without penalty I'd be all over one like a pigeon on chips.

But it also doesn't really have enough firepower for not using his melee attacks. Hence why I vastly prefer the high ROF HOC where the to-hit penalty isn't as severe as with the Plasma.

The problem with the Redemptor is it loses so much firepower for moving. If you want a big stompy Dreadnought to close the ground with the enemy you would do better with the Contemptor since it is faster, has superior stats and cheaper.

If the thing could move and fire without penalty I'd be all over one like a pigeon on chips.

Not sure that's a good alternative. He's rocking approximately half of the ranged offensive output even with his better stats. He also still degrades but with less wounds. The punchy bit is a bit more effective, but doesn't make up for the significantly lower offensive output at range. Trading a small bump in punch for 50% less ranged damage just to save 10 points? Probably not the most efficient choice.

It definitely fits the same role, so it's usable - just not seeing how it's the better choice.

It's a better choice because of the Invulnerable save of a Contemptor. It actually makes a massive difference to survivability.

And the thing is, it you're paying for justw the firepower of a Redemptor you're paying too much for what it does.

In the end that's just how it is. The Redemptor became cheaper but it's still not quite there yet. Comparing it with the Razorback is only decently useful since Marine tanks aren't top tier tanks either and the Razorback has its place because it also protects your fraguile Marines from alpha strikes.

It's a better choice because of the Invulnerable save of a Contemptor. It actually makes a massive difference to survivability.

And the thing is, it you're paying for justw the firepower of a Redemptor you're paying too much for what it does.

Yeah, it needs the 5+ invuln because it's pitifully worthless outside of melee range, unlike the Redemptor.

A Redemptor with dual onslaught and double storm bolters is hands down more effective at range, and the whole point of the thread is to point out how closely the Redemptor compares to a popular meta choice that is largely considered extremely effective for its points. The fact that it runs a secondary threat with the fist just makes it a juicier unit capable to contributing in both cases, unlike the Contemptor who needs to get into melee to do much of anything.

We might not agree about the worth of the Contemptor in comparison but we do agree that the Redemptor is the halfway unit between most of the other types of Dread.

But that's the problem. Having a Redemptor Dreadnought that could help in melee after shooting is actually a true Ultramarines unit but stronger armies don't do well with utility units as much.

I do want to make it work but I don't know if I can.

We might not agree about the worth of the Contemptor in comparison but we do agree that the Redemptor is the halfway unit between most of the other types of Dread.

But that's the problem. Having a Redemptor Dreadnought that could help in melee after shooting is actually a true Ultramarines unit but stronger armies don't do well with utility units as much.

I do want to make it work but I don't know if I can.

Would be good to hear your experience if you give it a shot.

Yeah just two Redemptors won't do. Better get some Razorbacks or Repulsor or something as well.

People are prepared to fight armies with 2+ Knights and actually hard to kill vehicles. Two T7 Sv3+ Dreadnoughts aren't that durable compared to those. ^^

I'm looking to run 2 Redemptor, maximum Dakka builds. 1 just gets blown off the table, so I hope 2 might last a little longer.

You have any other large threats to confuse target priority?

Currently I'm testing pure Primaris. I run a Repulsar and a Redemptor. Need to build the second Redemptor.

I've got every Primaris Infantry type, and am really only lacking the character models sold in clam pack, $35 for a librarian kills me.

I've been playing an opponent weekly for over a year. His primary forces are Ork and Necron, just got Mechanicus and Knights up and running.

The bane of my limited armour is his Loota's and battlewagon embarked Rokkit boys. With my armour and Hellblasters as priority targets I get shot up pretty quick.

I do better with Legacy Marines, but can't stomach mixing them on the table top. So it's been all one or the other so far.

With what could be the next wave of Primaris coming soon, I'm holding off on a second Repulsar.

Thanks for the tips guys.

Archived