Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2k Raven Guard

Raven Guard Space Marines Army list

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Malax

Malax

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9 posts

Hi all,

Posting my 2k Raven Guard list I've created, wouldn't mind people's thoughts on such.

+++ 2k (Warhammer 40,000 8th Edition) [2000pts] +++

++ Vanguard Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Space Marines) [518pts] ++

+ HQ [63pts] +

Lieutenants [63pts]

. Lieutenant: Chainsword, Master-crafted boltgun

+ Elites [455pts] +

Aggressor Squad [22pts]: 5x Aggressor, Aggressor Sergeant, Auto Boltstorm Gauntlets/Fragstorm Grenade Launcher 

Primaris Ancient [69pts]: Standard of the Emperor Ascendant

Redemptor Dreadnought [164pts]: 2x Fragstorm Grenade Launchers, Heavy flamer, Icarus Rocket Pod, Macro Plasma Incinerator

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Space Marines) [1152pts] ++

+ HQ [211pts] +

Captain [124pts]: Jump Pack, Raven's Fury, Storm shield, Thunder hammer

Primaris Captain [87pts]: Master-crafted stalker bolt rifle, Power sword, Storm of Fire, Warlord

+ Troops [263pts] +

Intercessor Squad [102pts]: Auxiliary Grenade Launcher, Bolt rifle, 5x Intercessor, Intercessor Sergeant

Intercessor Squad [85pts]: Auxiliary Grenade Launcher, Bolt rifle, 4x Intercessor, Intercessor Sergeant

Scout Squad [76pts]

. Scout Sergeant: Bolt pistol, Combi-plasma

. 3x Scout w/Boltgun

. Scout w/Heavy Weapon: Heavy bolter

+ Elites [145pts] +

Vanguard Veteran Squad [145pts]: Jump Pack

. Space Marine Veteran: 2x Lightning Claw

. Veteran Sergeant: 2x Lightning Claw

+ Fast Attack [177pts] +

Inceptor Squad [177pts]: 2x Inceptor, Inceptor Sergeant, Plasma Exterminator

+ Heavy Support [594pts] +

Hellblaster Squad [264pts]: Plasma incinerator

. 7x Hellblaster

. Hellblaster Sergeant: Bolt pistol

Relic Leviathan Dreadnought [330pts]: Grav-flux bombard, 2x Heavy flamer, 3x Hunter-killer missile

. Leviathan siege claw: Meltagun

+ Dedicated Transport [92pts] +

Land Speeder Storm [92pts]: Assault cannon

The idea on the army is either hit hard if first turn by using sfts to move up the big blob of aggressors, hellblasters, ancient and primaris captain whilst the dreadnaughts move up behind, the -1 to hit along with smoke launchers on the leviathan gives my opponent -2 to hit on the first turn if I decide not to use the hunter killers. Turn two, the inceptors come down to kill or weaken anything dangerous that's been wounded whilst smash captain and vanguard vets hunt after monsters or characters in a slightly fluffy scenario (dark fury models ftw). Intercessors camp on objectives whilst the storm and scouts zoom around to get places I need them to go. 

Second turn is obviously a harder match up, placing my big kill blob as stated before near a large LoS terrain, forcing my opponent to counter deploy against them before I sfts behind terrain as much as possible to block line of sight before they move out on my turn to launch a counter attack, the jump pack units doing the same as stated before.

Thoughts? I know Smash Captain has been nerfed heavily but I've got a wonderful converted model for him and I'll stick to keeping the guy until he seems to not doing anything at all.

Edited by Malax, 07 January 2019 - 11:41 PM.

Dracos

Dracos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,596 posts
  • Faction: Primaris Astartes
Your overall plan is solid. I’d likely find a way to add a couple of Plasma- ceptors unless your okay with them wiped out on the counter strike. I think they make a nice alternate unit for the Smash Captain to come down with if you need to hit something Knightish. The Vets are then free to shred lesser targets.

Do you have ability to put count as chainswords on the Intercessor Sgts? Reiver combat knives or even power swords as counts as chainswords. If they’re free you should take them.

gallery_48988_10069_135.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Raven Guard, Space Marines, Army list

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users