Legio Xestobiax....Grotsmasha gets overly optimistic....

Grotsmasha

So I switched gears as I wasn't sure if my Reaver was too far done (thankfully Captain Semper has since said it's ok) for the Titans of the Heresy event, and got a start on my Warlord,

Presenting Legion Warlord Umbra It Gratitude, The Ghost Who Walks

gallery_48988_15143_56052.jpg

Had a dig through my boys box as I remembered inheriting a Epic Land Raider at some stage.

Cheers,

Jono

For the Reaver: Maybe it’s the picture but I think the metal and the gold could do with more shading (and darkening)... Really like the purple! :tu:

For the Warlord: BY THE EMPEROR this looks great! And my favourite head too! I think the Land Raider crew will be having a very TSOALR moment... :lol:

The colour is nice - and I don’t usually like purple if I’m honest! If you want to get more of a blend between the light and dark, get yourself some lahmian medium. It makes blending kind of effortless. It’s perfectly good as is though.

• 1 year later...

Looks promising! :smile.:

whatever happened to the Warlord? :huh.:

As suspected, the white trim was getting to me, so I stopped. I've now got a better, more consistent method for white, so you never know. It is, however too far gone for TotH, so the Warlord will need to sit this one out.

• 3 weeks later...

I've found them to be sturdy enough, but I've been printing these size models as solid, rather than with spaced in-fill. It is definitely not as strong as GW plastic, I could probably snap most of he models with my hands if I REALLY wanted to, but it would take some effort. I'm using PLA, and I don't know which your model was printed with, but other types (ABS maybe?) are different, and may be even more brittle.

As for quality, I wish I'd bought a Resin printer, but I've got a new set of settings after these two Wahounds were printed, and I'm hoping for an even cleaner finish next time around.

PLA is alright, ABS plastic reeks as it prints while PLA only smells faintly of maple syrup.  You will find printing a model like that in pieces on a resin printer to be muuuuuuch cleaner than an FDM type but they're suitable proxies.  Right now I'm actually trying to print a couple of lions for the shoulders of my psi-titan, once I get the sizes right I may be able to have them done at a nearby library in a resin printer.