Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Veterans and razorbacks

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Black Orange

Black Orange

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,220 posts
  • Faction: TODESKOMPANIE

You got it Vel !

Learn to master the cards you were dealt rather than complaining about your opponent's hand.

=][=

my 40k blog:https://greenblowfly.../alan-seds.html - Terminus Est - Space Marines 247

=][=

wc.jpg

=][=

Blood and Honor!https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Mary_Sue Mary Sue and Plot Armor are terms used by losers

IronDreddKnight

IronDreddKnight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 56 posts
Ok back on subject :)

Twin las razorbacks along with twin las ven dreads would sufficient anti T8?

Is it a good idea to design a veteran squad to also takle T8 or leave them with SB? If yes what would that look like?

Mobius0288

Mobius0288

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 397 posts

I have brought both before and when I would bring the Las-back, I typically stuck in the back like a Predator and just shot stuff. You can move it I preferred the accuracy. To maximize the efficiency of "To Hit," I'd probably keep any camping character near the Las-back and put the dreadnaught on a different flank. It can force the opponent to commit deep strikes reinforcements to one side or the other.

I used to run a Ven Dread (Lascannon/missile), Razorback (Lascannon, maybe hunter killer missile) and a stalker/missile vet squad as my anti-tank. Either a watch master or captain would roll with the stalker squad and razorback, deployed and in position (cover when able) during deployment. The Ven Dread really is good enough to be by itself. Give him a close combat weapon instead of a missile if you want him to be completely self-sufficient.

I switched to a sprinkling of plasma recently due to any necron engagements with their quantum shielding.

Deathwatch | Imperial Fist | Imperial Knights | Skitarii | Inquisition

Prot

Prot

++ EQUES AEDITUUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 13,159 posts

I still prefer the Ven Dread loadouts. Just so much better use of the codex in my opinion. Razorbacks for las are a tough sell for me.

• Black Orange, Vel'Cona, vigitant and 1 other like this

Click to see....
gallery_2760_14273_30255.jpg
Instagram: @Prot40k

Mr4Minutes

Mr4Minutes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 187 posts
I’m in agreement with Prot. The twin las Ven Dred has the better BS and benefits from our chapter tactic. Personally I’ve been running 2 with a stalker squad and a captain with the relic SS. If you can get them in cover they become 2+/5++/6+++.

Without FW for the assault cannon, I like the twin HB Razorback. Cheaper, and can be sent into the enemy with less of a concern of losing you AT.

But the Assback is pretty good I think. Turn one advance and pop smoke. Turn two unload the vets and shoot stuff.
  • vigitant likes this

vigitant

vigitant

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 247 posts
  • Faction: Deathwatch, Space Wolves

The Chaplain VenDread is still pretty dang good.  for about 40pts more than a TLC/ML vendread you get a 5++, character rule, 9 wounds, and a neat little melee buff.

No missile launcher, but he hits like a truck in melee, and its worth moving him behind some screen popping off TLC shots on a 3+

Assume luck will kick you in the balls, but always be ready to stomp your opponent if he trips.

IronDreddKnight

IronDreddKnight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 56 posts
Ven dreads seem like the favourite choice to tackle T8 targets. I do have a chaplain dread with TLC + fist and a ven dread with TLC + fist.
Would four lascannons shots enough?
Is this a suitable time to bring in a las razorback? Or do I avoid for a different (non dread) option

Edited by IronDreddKnight, 12 January 2019 - 05:06 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users