Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Rumour Engine - 8th January

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

Subtleknife

Subtleknife

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 788 posts

It looks human-made and human size, not SM--size. It could belong to Astra Militarum or Genestealer Cult. Maybe even Sisters of Battle.

Without something next to it for scale I wonder how you know it is not space marine size. Have i missed something?

I do hope it is for primaris but I wonder how useful it would be considering we already have aggressors for flaming hordes.

Red_Shift

Red_Shift

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,282 posts
Penitent engine, maybe. I think that will be less ornate than some of the other sisters stuff.
  • Subtleknife likes this

Xenith

Xenith

++ NETATOR FEROCIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 11,640 posts
I'm curious to know what IP friendly name GW comes up with for flamers. Plasma guns -> plasma incinerators, maybe maybe flamers -> toasters
  • Brother Cristopher likes this

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageXX

++ The Baalite Feast of Blades 2016; 2018 ++

FlamingDeth

FlamingDeth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,439 posts
  • Faction: The Raven Order, Deathskulls
I have my doubts that they can copyright "toaster," a little late to the party for that one. They already have "flamestorm" stuff though, so maybe we'll see flamestorm pistols and flamestorm arquebuses or something. Who knows. They may also just keep it at flamer.
Formerly known as CardinalVirtue

MajorNese

MajorNese

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,088 posts

"Toasters" is not copyrightable, which is why the toasters have been renamed to Necrons.

They already have "flamestorm" stuff though, so maybe we'll see flamestorm pistols and flamestorm arquebuses or something. Who knows. They may also just keep it at flamer.

Or both? Nothing's going to beat flamestorm flamers. Heavy flamestorm flamer pistols, assault flamestorm flamers, stalker flamestorm flamers,...

• Dracos and Battybattybats like this

gallery_6494_6331_8260.pnghhoth_majornesehts27qojyj.jpggallery_48988_11572_4164.pnggallery_48988_11572_12518.pnggallery_48988_15465_8459.pnggallery_48988_15465_5251.pnggallery_48988_6285_13120.pnglockdownpaintingchallwgjra.png

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

There's also not really a need to copyright flamer. Not everytime GW gives something a fancy name it's for copyright reasons. ^^

• Arkangilos likes this

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Brother-serpent Tylydox

Brother-serpent Tylydox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 931 posts
How can you determine whether it's SM size or not? If you look at just the pouches on Primaris models you wouldn't be able to tell it's SM size or human size either. huh.png

A deduction based on personal observation.

Edited by Tylydox, 09 January 2019 - 12:23 PM.

Sign my petition about Collaboration between Games Workshop and Hasbro to create My Little Pony in WH40K Universe

: https://www.ipetitio...p-and-hasbro-to

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts

How can you determine whether it's SM size or not? If you look at just the pouches on Primaris models you wouldn't be able to tell it's SM size or human size either. huh.png

A deduction based on personal observation.

In case it wasn't clear I was asking for the way of the deduction. That you looked at it was clear to me. rolleyesclean.gif

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Elzender

Elzender

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,174 posts

"Toasters" is not copyrightable, which is why the toasters have been renamed to Necrons.

They already have "flamestorm" stuff though, so maybe we'll see flamestorm pistols and flamestorm arquebuses or something. Who knows. They may also just keep it at flamer.

Or both? Nothing's going to beat flamestorm flamers. Heavy flamestorm flamer pistols, assault flamestorm flamers, stalker flamestorm flamers,...

May I propose burninator?

And if it is a hand flamer, I'm voting for a Lieutenant, but a Salamanders one :D.

My blog (in Spanish): http://suenosdeuncon...logspot.com.es/

ETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei01.jpggallery_48988_10069_73849.png

MajorNese

MajorNese

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,088 posts

And if it is a hand flamer, I'm voting for a Lieutenant, but a Salamanders one biggrin.png.

The flamestorm flame burninator...pistol. Leutenant yes, but not Salamanders. Given GW's preference, it will be a named smurf character, because smurfs don't have enough named characters already.

• Dracos, Nova_Dew and Beams like this

gallery_6494_6331_8260.pnghhoth_majornesehts27qojyj.jpggallery_48988_11572_4164.pnggallery_48988_11572_12518.pnggallery_48988_15465_8459.pnggallery_48988_15465_5251.pnggallery_48988_6285_13120.pnglockdownpaintingchallwgjra.png

FlamingDeth

FlamingDeth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,439 posts
  • Faction: The Raven Order, Deathskulls
40k Primaris destroyers confirmed, burninating the country side.
Formerly known as CardinalVirtue

CommodusXIII

CommodusXIII

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,918 posts
  • Faction: ΦΙΡΜΑΜΕΝΤΥΜ

I just noticed, the little round part connecting the pilot light to the flamer's body is extremely similar to the ones in the pouch from the last Rumour Engine. I don't think they necessarily belong together, but could be part of the same kit. Or at the very least it's very likely that they belong to the same faction.

Dec18-RumourEngine8bterh.jpg

That's actually a very common greeble across the Imperial model lines. Many SM/IG/AdMech/IK/etc. kits have the same detail bit in different places.
  • Dracos likes this

Personally, I think they are coming. Like a massive electrified thousand ton ball of barbed wire with hundreds of trapped and frustrated gamers embedded in it, rolling down a hill. "That, Bilbo Baggins, is the sound of inevitability."

Do not suffer your zeal for the Chapter to lead you into argument with others.

CHXaGsb.png1cuUYGd.pnglM6PBhp.pngqYWJ4yS.pngaewF76X.pngOMdByNw.pngyxM5U2C.pngDfj1FgF.pngcrSIVmA.jpg

Harleqvin

Harleqvin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,271 posts
  • Faction: The Order (Dark Angels)
I’m thinking it’s a Primaris unit flamer.

ETL_03_Custos_Fidei_Vow_01.jpg Redemption... One heretic at a time. My DA conversions on FB My works on FB My B&C DA Pre/heresy WiP

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,824 posts

The bag will be for Guard.

The regimental standard has an article on how to cook your boots.

It mentions a lasgun battery.

*adjusts tin foil hat.

• Triszin likes this

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,884 posts

The bag will be for Guard.

The regimental standard has an article on how to cook your boots.

It mentions a lasgun battery.

*adjusts tin foil hat.

Theres been a lot of subtle hints in the regimental standard for gaurd over the last year.

When Aximillion, the goodest boy, got released, there was a page with "canine genome found, reintroduction to astra militarum platoons for morale" thing. with artwork of a German shepard in astra militarum style combat gear for dogs.

I really am hoping for some new guard kits. Rough riders to combat the speedwaagh/cult jackals, K-9 w/ handler search and breach teams.

FOUND IT

https://regimental-s...ing-your-canid/

Edited by Triszin, 10 January 2019 - 01:01 PM.

• Hfran Morkai, Jukkiz, Sete and 1 other like this
banana

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts

There were also a lot of regimental standard articles with no meaning for coming releases whatsoever. ^^

• CommodusXIII, Triszin, Hfran Morkai and 1 other like this

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,824 posts

Shut your heretic mouth :P

• Hfran Morkai and Panzer like this

PiñaColada

PiñaColada

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,130 posts

There were also a lot of regimental standard articles with no meaning for coming releases whatsoever. ^^

Maybe they're giving hints about releases really, really far into the future? Unlikely, but we can never actually rule it out, can we? :P

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,428 posts

Maybe they're giving hints about releases really, really far into the future? Unlikely, but we can never actually rule it out, can we? tongue.png

The Regimental tends to be about current releases/announcements rather than teases for the future, with the dog article being released in time for Kill Team: Rogue Trader and Aximillion.

With that said, we'll really know about the strenght of their tease game around Marchteehee.gif

• Triszin likes this

Dracos

Dracos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,222 posts
  • Faction: Primaris Warhawks

I hope it's NOT a Primaris unit ... unless Whispercutters are part of the release schedule :)

I'd totally welcome a new Guard regiment of any kind that is true scale 

sml_gallery_7985_14167_21284.png gallery_48988_10069_135.png gallery_48988_15465_8206.png gallery_87434_12256_5320.png sml_gallery_7985_15940_5720.jpg

9e
Raven Guard : 7 - 1
Imperial Knights : 3 - 2

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,669 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Faction: Chaos, Wolves and Guard

....here's the Ambull's armpit.

When I woke up today I never imagined I might read those words. And to be honest, I think I could have gone the rest of my life without reading them. So cheers for that image :P

At least it wasnt my armpit.

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.png

Blog - Gates of Helvete

''Avenge me Brother, AVENGE ME!!!'' *pffft* - Unknown Black Templar, cleansing of the Furry homeworld

Maritn

Maritn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 65 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Fists
Maybe these are an alternative load out for Infiltrators, either as a flamer gun or a flamer pistol plus CCW. Both would synergize well with their smoke grenade, the latter option even with Suppressors.

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,824 posts

Inquisitorial Stromtroopers for sure.

Edited by Sete, 04 March 2019 - 12:57 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users