Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

750pt list for my first tutorial game - any obvious issues?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Burni

Burni

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 951 posts
Finally got my first game of 8th lined up at my FLGS! Pretty much a total beginner after just being a collector/hobbyist for nearly 20 years (dabbled a bit in 4th ed).

The guy who runs the games has said we’ll do 750pts as I have an AdMech army and a good basic knowledge (plus he’s fed up of playing the Dark Imperium box with us newbies!)

So I’ve put this list together:

Adeptus Mechanicus

Tech-priest Enginseer 47

Tech-priest Dominus: eradication ray; macrostubber 92

8 Skitarii Rangers: Ranger Alpha; 7 Skitarii Rangers; transuranic arquebus 81

5 Skitarii Vanguard: Vanguard Alpha; 4 Skitarii Vanguard; arc rifle; plasma caliver 58

5 Skitarii Vanguard: Vanguard Alpha; 4 Skitarii Vanguard; arc rifle; plasma caliver 58

5 Sicarian Infiltrators: Infiltrator Princeps (flechette blaster & taser goad); 4 Sicarian Infiltrators; 4 × flechette blaster & taser goad 112

5 Fulgurite Electro-priests 80

2 Kastelan Robots: 2 × 2 heavy phosphor blasters; 2 × heavy phosphor blaster 220

748 points

I’ve gone for a battalion but might be overkill at 750? I’ve also not yet picked a relic or trait, my army is painted as Mars so I’ll be keep to that as my Forge World.

For a trial game, do you think I should drop a HQ and try to get a Onager in there so I can get used to running a vehicle? Or I could run a Dragoon? If I go with just one HQ would it be better to pick the TPD?

Any advice or comments gratefully received!

Spiritual Liege

Spiritual Liege

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 427 posts
  • Faction: Custodes, IV, Vile Xenos

Battalion isn't overkill in the slightest. You have some of the cheapest troop options available so it would be extremely unwise not to go with a battalion.

I wouldn't mix weapons on the Vanguards, a squad of 5 with 2 arc rifles and another squad with 2 plasmas would be the best. Although if I was running Admech I'd go with 2x5 Rangers either without specials or 2 arc rifles each and a single squad of 10 Vanguard with 3 plasma guns.

If you decide to keep your current troop composition however, I'd get rid of 3 Rangers and the Electro Priests and get that Onager in the list instead.

Edited by Spiritual Liege, 09 January 2019 - 08:07 PM.

Clingy

Clingy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 431 posts
Points seem off to me. Engineer is 30. Infiltrators are now 90.

Burni

Burni

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 951 posts
Cheers for the advice Spiritual Liege. I put the Electro Priests in to get some melee focused units in but I guess the Infiltrators can help me get some practice with that.

Here’s an updated version, hows this look:

Adeptus Mechanicus - Mars

Tech-priest Dominus: eradication ray; macrostubber; Static Psalm-Code; Autocaduceus of Arkhan Land 92

Tech-priest Enginseer 30

5 Skitarii Rangers: Ranger Alpha; 4 Skitarii Rangers; transuranic arquebus 60

5 Skitarii Vanguard: Vanguard Alpha; 4 Skitarii Vanguard; 2 × arc rifle 48

5 Skitarii Vanguard: Vanguard Alpha; 4 Skitarii Vanguard; 2 × plasma caliver 68

5 Sicarian Infiltrators: Infiltrator Princeps (flechette blaster & taser goad); 4 Sicarian Infiltrators; 4 × flechette blaster & taser goad 112

2 Kastelan Robots: 2 × 2 heavy phosphor blasters; 2 × heavy phosphor blaster 220

Onager Dunecrawler: neutron laser; cognis heavy stubber; broad spectrum data-tether 119

749 points

Have gone with the Neutron Laser but would the Icarus Array be more flexible in a small game? No idea if he’ll run any vehicles.

Spiritual Liege

Spiritual Liege

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 427 posts
  • Faction: Custodes, IV, Vile Xenos
The list looks great now. I'd play with that.
  • Burni likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users