In Service of the Death Lord - DuskRaider's AT Project

DuskRaider

So I asked around for opinions, it was kind of a draw for it all so I took one option from each of my friends and went with it. The good news is that I can use the others for my second (and considering third) Warlords. Huzzah!

The good news is that I've finally decided to invest in a lightbox. I've been talking about it for years but always put it off for some reason. Now I'm kicking myself for waiting because hot damn, these photos look good. Mind you, this is using my Pixel 3. Ok holding off on transfers until my others are complete for the event, so what you see is what you get for the time being.

iyhpi5O.jpg
OCwylpH.jpg
JWt0zwD.jpg
lHYlTay.jpg
bc0hVkM.jpg
sDqX3O5.jpg
6WFumY6.jpg
GrUbsLs.jpg

Edit: Since I've gone ahead and named my other Titans for the Event, I'm going to keep that going. I present to you Warlord Titan Castrum Osseum and Reaver Canitcum Gravis.

I also noticed I'm going to have to redo the rear hatch hazard stripes. They look like crap.

Edited by DuskRaider

DuskRaider, I have some serious catching up to do... :D

Suffice to say that the job’s a good un! We expect nothing less from you and you deliver every time. The shades of red effect works really well - it really makes your take on Mortis stand out! And look at those bases... wow!

I am certain that Mortis’ rules will be in Titandeath - I was greatly surprised they did not include them in the first book. I mean... Mortis, c’mon!

Also your Titans, especially the Reaver, are screaming for transfers! And you have no excuse, the Mortis transfers are available and they rock! Please consider it! And the stripes in the rear hatch? Passable but I know you can do even better! :tu:

Lastly, I am positively surprised by the quality of the Knight models - and their size, especially the Cerastus! Did you face any particularly difficulties in building them?

Thanks guys! I appreciate the comments and I'm having so much fun with this game.

I actually have the highly detailed transfers from GW (though they look more like FW) so I'll be applying them to all of my Titans soon enough. I've also found out the small Makabius transfers from the FW sheet actually fit on AT Knights and it just so happens that I scooped up some before they were discontinued so you bet I'll he using those as well.

I'm going back and redoing the black on the rear hatch. It seems for some reason it just wasn't layered enough so you can still see some yellow bleeding through.

On the Knight models, they were surprisingly easy to assemble. There's really not much to them and you just need to keep track of the legs and ensure you pair the right ones together. I think our perception of how small they are is thrown off by the bigger models like the Warlord since even a base Questor is roughly the size of a Marine (maybe slightly larger) and the Cerastus is larger than a Terminator. The only thing that annoyed me is the weapon options with the Questor and the lack of rules for Gallants, although I suppose we could see that soon.

Finally, on the bases (I'm totally answering all of this out of order)... I have to go back and remove the Epic Marines on the bases, my Forumware Mk. III and Cataphractii models arrived and I'll be using them. So much detail in such tiny little guys!

There seems to be some unwritten rule with the Forumware guys not to show their stuff but I don't care, these models are absolutely nuts and whoever made these is incredibly talented. Behold the Mk. III Epic Marines.

4jRkBT4.jpg
q6hhvHw.jpg
tujXBj3.jpg
dIINMj0.jpg
l5HkuV4.jpg

I'm in the process of ripping the derpy old GW Epic Marines off of my bases and replacing them with these. They're so varied in pose and weaponry its insane. As I also mentioned earlier, I may pick up the FW Titanicus Realm of Battle boards once they're all released and incorporate these into it as well.

Edited by WarriorFish
Do not dodge the swear filter

Thanks! And I'm also looking forward to seeing these little guys painted up and in action on the bases. It should aid with the narrative quite well. Thankfully I have a ton of them (and the Cataphtactii) so I'll have to means to keep doing this for some time. 

Back to the transfers, I've actually added some to all of my completed models. The detailed ones look amazing! I'll take some pics at some point although at this point I feel I should hold off until I've finished their bases as well.

I'm a little miffed, the Mortis icon on added to the carapace of the Reaver became slightly off-kilter when I was adding the Micro Sol at the end. It may not be too bad but it sticks out like a sore thumb to me and it's annoying. I'll take pics tomorrow when I get a chance. The Makabius icon is slightly large on the Cerastus pauldron but on the Questor it should be perfect. 

Thanks, folks.

Well... Looks like I was wrong about being done with the Warhound by week's end. I finished it tonight. I started this guy 1:30AM on the 15th and having him done already is just crazy to me since I'm usually kinda slow with my painting.

Mors Planctum

qHqjEPq.jpg

R8GUTHz.jpg

SGOVAJv.jpg

2sO6Pwq.jpg

jWELnG2.jpg

If this guy looks familiar to you, he should. You've definitely seen him before, albeit a bit more crusty...

bepA8XU.jpg

y1rVW2I.jpg

5GGSmhP.jpg

wXjGtR1.jpg

I may pick up the FW Titanicus Realm of Battle boards once they're all released and incorporate these into it as well.

That is an excellent idea. Having marines on your terrain boards will really help with immersion. I may have to do some google-fu to get my hands on some of those marines.