Kill Zones

Black Knight

It seems they are pulling Killzones from sale as they are being marked as no longer available on GW.  I understand stoping the scenery but this means we can't buy the boards.

Anyone have any information on this? Especially the Martyrs board that has only just come out.

Sold out online doesn't necessarily mean they are gone for good. Could be they are literally just sold out for the moment because demand was higher than supply.

Nah, it's all just temporary as long as it still is on the webshop. If things are gone permanently you wouldn't be able to find it at all anymore. You guys are always reading way too much into these things.

Yeah there's no consistent pattern with "no longer available" meaning anything permanent. The things that have gone away were usually just not there anymore or would say something about while supplies last (but even that I haven't seen in a while). Could be nothing, just keep an eye out.

Kill Team was a much bigger hit than GW expected. (compared to other splash releases like Necromunda or Blood Bowl for example.) This is most likely they have just run out of stock. Not that they are ending the line.

GW outsources all the paper components, so they need to run in batches. Several kz have already gone out of stock and came back (and gone out again), so I'd imagine they'll pop in and out as stock allows. If you really want a particular kz though, I'd get it when it comes out the first time just to be safe.

I am so confused, ordered the Mechanicus Killzone from Dark Sphere and was ready to wait three or so months like I did with the starter set but I just checked the order and it is ready to be sent.

Must of found some in the back proping up the dinner table :thumbsup:

The Wall of Martyrs Killzone has now been removed from the UK store. Make of that what you will.

I hope this is just a problem with supply and it comes back.

If I remember correctly Cataphractii Terminators and Drop Pods both disappeared from the store for a while and returned later, so it might be something similar here.

• 2 weeks later...
Well they have Kill team Arena which has two mats and another kill zone being preordered today. I'd imagine that more will be available down the way even if older ones go out of production. It's annoying if you wanted an older one but it doesn't seem like they are drying up completely.

I actually found a copy of the base game today in a model train shop just up the road from me today, along with rogue trader and a few other bits for kill team. Think I’m gonna start using this shop from now on.

I actually found a copy of the base game today in a model train shop just up the road from me today, along with rogue trader and a few other bits for kill team. Think I’m gonna start using this shop from now on.

Ha! That sounds like a pretty good little shop.  On a side note I really love the Rogue Trader expansion.

More Killzones gone, with the final one on last chance. I think I'm going to back out of this game and sell the main box set. I'm not interested in a product where you have to buy the expansions within the first couple of months of release or risk loosing out.

You can skip every killzone and you won't miss out. The only real reason to get them is its cheaper than buying the terrain separately. Not a big deal.

As people on other forums freak out about this as well a friend told me that apparently GW seems to have said on FB that these boxes will return eventually and it's really just an issue of not having enough supply to cover the demand currently.

It is the boards that annoys me, I understand that the scenery is still available and we can get it at full price but I hope if the zones do not come back they will at least sell the boards and cards separately.

I did get my Mech kill zone atleast but I do think they are struggling with capacity right now because in one month we lost the ability to buy 3x killzones, 3x 40k box sets and rumours of reduced stock of BSF.

It's a little wild to me that it took them so long to realize that there was a demand for a gaming experience that has a much smaller footprint, but now that they can't keep up with demand!  I expect they are kicking themselves they didn't revamp Kill Team like this years ago.

You can skip every killzone and you won't miss out. The only real reason to get them is its cheaper than buying the terrain separately. Not a big deal.

People have said that to me on other forums, but I'd rather experience that for myself than just be told I'm not missing out and there's no reason to buy them (other than the terrain). I get that some people don't value the sets for the rules/board, but that doesn't apply to everyone. For all I know my gaming group could have really enjoyed using the different Killzones, but now we might not get the chance to find out, at least not with the old ones. If nothing else it's providing more variety and different boards to play on, which is only a good thing.

Hopefully what sfPanzer said is correct and they'll come back at some point in the future.

So, I might as well ask in this thread, what would you people think how many of these Kill Zone boxes would you need to have enough terrain for about 1000 - 1250 point 40k games?

Depends on how much terrain you want on the board. For a very densely terrained board, I'd say one of each, because they come with a LOT of terrain.

So, I might as well ask in this thread, what would you people think how many of these Kill Zone boxes would you need to have enough terrain for about 1000 - 1250 point 40k games?

6x4 Board?

I'd say 3-4, depending on how busy you want your board to be. I am aiming at 2x Mech for the multi-level structures, then a Munition for the small scenery and I personally wanted a Deathworld one for the extra "Colour" those models can add.

Then again I am seriously looking at the new Ruins one but total I would say 3 would give you a nice board and 4 would allow you to customise it better.

Ohohoh and the new Genestealer DRILL!!!

6x4 Board?

I'd say 3-4, depending on how busy you want your board to be. I am aiming at 2x Mech for the multi-level structures, then a Munition for the small scenery and I personally wanted a Deathworld one for the extra "Colour" those models can add.

Then again I am seriously looking at the new Ruins one but total I would say 3 would give you a nice board and 4 would allow you to customise it better.

Ohohoh and the new Genestealer DRILL!!!

I should've remembered to mention the table size! I'm probably shooting for 4x4 at first as table space is a bit of a problem.

I'd also like have terrain of different height levels. I have the Munitorum box coming in the mail and was thinking of getting one of those Mechanicus ones as well, but wasn't sure if that would be enough. Yeah, that new terrain looks really nice, but would probably feel a bit too "flat" with only the Munitorum set. But thanks for your answers, all!

Right now if you want multiple levels you kind of have two main choices, either the Imperial architecture which is in the Start Box and available separately or the Mechanicus factory architecture which is in the Kill zone and again has lots of different kits available.

If you want industry go with the Mechanicus, if you want a more Hab vibe or Imperial settlement go with the Imperial.  The Munition zone is more an upgrade kit to other kits, well worth it but I wouldn't start your table with it, It is meant to fill it out.

With 4x4 I would say three sets, two of your choice base set, that gives each side of the table a centre piece, then a third kit to fill it out.

Archived