Warhammer 40,000 Conquest Poster & Chapters List

Toxichobbit

For those of you who don't know, one of the more recent issues of Warhammer 40,000 Conquest came with a poster displaying 100 different Marine Chapters on it. While a lot of the colour schemes are well known, there's also a good amount of obscure Chapters as wel las one new one, so it's nice to see the more obscure ones getting some publicity. A couple of people were interested so I thought I'd give a comprehensive run down of the Chapters on the poster.

First up, the poster itself (image quality not the best as it was 7ft up on a wall when I took this picture).

Hidden Content
gallery_61651_8632_67459.jpg

Here's the list of all the featured Chapters, with links to articles where appropriate. They're in the same order as the poster, top to bottom, left to right. Note this isn't quite in alphabetical order, for some reason.

Hidden Content

1st Row
Angels of Redemption
Angels of Absolution
Angels of Defiance
Angels Encarmine
Angels Sanguine
Angels of Vengeance
Angels Vermilliion
Aurora Chapter
Black Dragons
Black Guard

2nd Row
Black Templars
Blades of Vengeance
Blood Angels
Blood Drinkers
Blood Ravens
Brazen Claws
Carmine Blades
Castellans of the Rift
Consecrators
Crimson Fists

3rd Row
Dark Angels
Dark Hunters
Death Spectres
Destroyers
Disciples of Caliban
Exorcists
Fire Lords
Flesh Tearers
Genesis Chapter
Guardians of the Covenant
Hammers of Dorn
Hawk Lords
Howling Griffons
Imperial Fists
Invaders
Iron Hands

4th Row
Iron Lords
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of Blood
Knights of the Raven
Lamenters
Mentors
Necropolis Hawks
Novamarines
Praetors of Orpheus
Raven Guard
Red Talons
Revilers
Sons of the Phoenix
Void Tridents
Blood Swords
Brotherhood of a Thousand

5th Row
Carcharodons
Dark Hands
Dark Sons
Death Strike
Emperor's Hands
Flame Eagles
Golden Gryphons
Gorgons
Iron Snakes
Knights of Gryphonne listed as Knights Gryphonne.
Libators
Lion Warriors
Marauders
Masters of Protelus
Rampagers

6th Row
Red Hunters
Red Legion
Red Wolves
Relictors
Classified/Records Expunged.
Rift Stalkers
Salamanders
Scythes of the Emperor

Silver Skulls

Silver Templars

Silver Skulls
Silver Skulls
Silver Templars
Skull Bearers
Sons of Medusa
Sons of Guilliman
Space Wolves
Star Dragons
Storm Falcons

7th Row
Storm Giants
Storm Hawks
Storm Wardens

Storm Wings
Storm Lords
Subjugators
Tempest Guard
Tigers Argent
Ultramarines
Victors
Warmongers
White Consuls
White Minotaurs
White Panthers

White Scars
White Templars

While the poster is pretty comprehensive, it doesn't have all the official Chapters on it. There's lots missing, including some that are quite famous.

It's a nice poster and I'd like to have it myself but it's somewhat misleading at times. For example it shows the Knights of Blood using the Primaris template, however the Knights of Blood got extinct during Devastation of Baal and Dante explicitly said that they won't get rebuild so there was never any Knight of Blood Primaris Marine nor will there be one unless GW retcons some things.

I created a workaround for that since I was already set on painting my Blood Angels as Knights of Blood but it's just that. A workaround. Basically a homegrown successor chapter.

It's a nice poster and I'd like to have it myself but it's somewhat misleading at times. For example it shows the Knights of Blood using the Primaris template, however the Knights of Blood got extinct during Devastation of Baal and Dante explicitly said that they won't get rebuild so there was never any Knight of Blood Primaris Marine nor will there be one unless GW retcons some things.

I created a workaround for that since I was already set on painting my Blood Angels as Knights of Blood but it's just that. A workaround. Basically a homegrown successor chapter.

Cawl does give a fudge about what Dante says ;)

There are Primaris Knights of Blood and Dante is most welcome

Cawl does give a fudge about what Dante says :wink:

Cawl has no authority to create chapters tho. He can make Marines and gear but no chapter structures. :P

And what makes a chapter? Marines ;)

He just needs to choose one to put him in charge :P boom structure!

Jokes aside, who knows. I would not think to much about it.

Just noticed I have a chapter named after me. (real name not forum handle lol)

That's not how things work. :biggrin.:

Yeah me neither. It's just some random poster without any description or whatsoever. They probably just listed a bunch of the successor chapters mentioned in the Conquest books like Devastation of Baal.

Just noticed I have a chapter named after me. (real name not forum handle lol)

Is your name Protelus? (Masters of Protelus) :teehee:

I doubt the Knights of Blood inclusion means anything more than someone made a cock up when choosing Chapters. They did go deep for the Chapters included though, as some of the others are only mentioned in very obscure places, like the a single mention in the old Insignium Astartes, the 4th edition How to Paint Space Marines or the Successor Chapter booklet that came with the limited edition Codex: Space Marines an edition or two ago.

Also Sete, you spoiled it. I was going to go meta and accuse you of being Magnus.

Cheers for sharing this.

Is there a highres version available? I'm not able to read some of those names.

The names are all in the list below the poster. I even linked to articles on each of the Chapters for you, including the new one that was created for Conquest magazine (Silver Templars) :smile.:

Edit: I'm not going to take more pictures of the whole poster, but it's off the wall for another day(ish) so I can take pictures of small parts if anyone is desperate to see colour schemes. After it goes back up on the wall though I won't be taking it down again, so any pictures will be crap like the one in the OP.

That said, the colour schemes are all in the articles I linked. The only difference with the poster is that some of the colour schemes are displayed on Primaris Marines instead of normal Marines. The colour schemes on the poster aren't anything new.

Odd layout. They seem to all be A-Z but then it goes odd on the 4th and 5th rows, then back to A-Z.

It is alphabetical, just twice. It gets to Void Tridents, then starts a second set in Alphabetical order.

Anywho, any ideas on what the classified chapter is?

On the 6th row is a greyed out image of a marine, simply stated as 'records expunged'.

I was about to say that the name must fit between Relictors and Rift Stalkers, but I think that's just because the word 'Records' falls there alphabetically.

Primaris renegades?

I was about to say that the name must fit between Relictors and Rift Stalkers, but I think that's just because the word 'Records' falls there alphabetically.

Renegade would, but Redacted and Records both come before Relictors in alphabetical order...

I’ve been trying to make sense of ot ever since I first saw this picture and cannot come up with any name ever mentioned that fits between Rel and Rif... :(

+ Wdit: Just to clarify, the only name I’ve managed to come up with is the Revilers, but they’re already on the poster higher up...

Archived