Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Dealing with hordes

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

The Blood Raven

The Blood Raven

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 921 posts
  • Faction: Thousand Sons
You’re still further penalizing a unit with inherent low movement. I hate random penalties or effects, but there’s an army for those that do. 😀

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 14,407 posts
  • Faction: Knights of Baal

You’re still further penalizing a unit with inherent low movement. I hate random penalties or effects, but there’s an army for those that do.

It would still be a buff tho. Currently you can't advance&shoot the Bolter anyway but you also don't automatically count as stationary when shooting. With the special rule Ahzek451 proposed you could advance and still shoot even if the advance wouldn't be as good as for other units (then again, when do you actually Advance Rubrics unless it's a full flamer unit anyway?).

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpg

Ahzek451

Ahzek451

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 181 posts

You’re still further penalizing a unit with inherent low movement. I hate random penalties or effects, but there’s an army for those that do.

I see and understand your point. In the end its an idea and not a rule heh. When I come up with rules, I prefer to gear them towards the fluff. If slow is the penalty with a crappy advance roll, then that is ok. The sons are supposed to be slow marching statues laying down a hailstorm of fire. I would be ok with dealing with that speed since it is fluffy. Let the other speedier units run forward. msn-wink.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users