SoB vs AM Crusaders

Diagramdude

The Sisters Beta Codex in CA specifically asks Guard players to use the new AoF system. I would imagine you could Technically still run index sisters if you want, because Beta codex. Same with Crusaders.

The Techpriest is an interesting question...the whole point of the keyword system is that you don't need to specifically look at one codex. The list building restrictions say that your armies must share a common keyword (other than Imperium) to be battleforged. Nothing about them having to be from the same Codex. If that was the case, you couldn't mix a Codex and a FW Index unit in the same detachment either.

So by list building rules you should be able to use the AdMech HQ version as long as he shares the Astra Militarum keyword.

What might be a bit ambiguous would be whether the Guard codex caveat on Techpriests not breaking regiment bonuses only refers the Elite-version in tbe Guard codex or also to the HQ from the AdMech one. I don't have it in front of me, but if it only refers to a techpriest datasheet it should apply as well.

By that logic do Crusaders in a Guard army retain the good old Act of Faith and not have to worry about the Sisters beta codex Act of Faith revamp?

Correct. Unless the Guard Crusaders are FAQ'd they use the Astra Millitarum Codex rules.

which is what they are going to do (errata the Astra Militarum entry)...... as they have said CA2018 on pg 69 

Designer’s Note – Crusaders: The Crusaders datasheet appears both in this beta codex and in Codex: Astra Militarum. The biggest difference between the two arises from the revised Acts of Faith ability. As noted, this is one of the rules we would most like to get your feedback on; as such, if you are using Crusaders as part of an Astra Militarum army, please use the datasheet and all rules for them as presented in this beta codex until the full Codex: Adepta Sororitas is published, hereupon we will also make any necessary updates to Codex:Astra Militarum.

Bugger using the beta AoF system for AM crusaders- they are a fluffy and fun but uncompetitive unit at 15 ppm using the old system so dropping to the new one would make them truly terrible. 

but they are 2 points cheaper 

:p

@MrZakalwe - not to derail the thread much more...I'd say if you were to use the DataSheets as supplied in CA2018 that would include the cost cut.  If you want to keep using the current AM Codex version then yes they are still 15 points....

You dont use the data sheet. Just the act of faith system laid out in the beta codex.

@MrZakalwe - not to derail the thread much more...I'd say if you were to use the DataSheets as supplied in CA2018 that would include the cost cut. If you want to keep using the current AM Codex version then yes they are still 15 points....

You dont use the data sheet. Just the act of faith system laid out in the beta codex.

No, the designer note specifically says use the datasheet: „if you are using Crusaders as part of an Astra Militarum army, please use the datasheet and all rules for them as presented in this beta codex until the full ...“

This should mean they also use the new points.

That is entirely up to the organisers of LVO*.

And something that they will need to publish, the same as if they are allowing the BETA codex at all.

*not sure who /what this is... I'm guessing a tournament.

Having used both, I kinda prefer the new crusaders over the old ones. I didn't really take them for the old AoF rules anyway (wasn't too impressed), I took them in order to get a lot of power sword attacks on a unit with either a +3 or +2 invulnerable (you always take a psyker for them.) Being slower isn't that bad, since I regularly filled them into a transport anyway and I like some of the new acts of faith. Getting to auto-pass moral on a +3 is kinda great since their leadership is garbage and I regularly go the whole game without losing a single model until I lose 6 in one phase. Fighting twice on a +5 is better than the old version, imo, since I'm aggressive with them and, if in part because my opponents usually fall back, never had a chance to use the fight again AoF from the old set since it went off at the beginning of my turn.

What is most irritating is the difficulty of any support from their own dex but at least the new crusaders still have the Astra Militarum keyword.

As this discussion has moved to the OR, I would like to remind you that army selection preferences and tactics are not subjects to be covered here. If this topic continues to deviate from a rules discussion it will be locked.

Archived