Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2K Ultramarines Dreadnoughts

Dreadnoughts Ultramarines

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Cruor Vault

Cruor Vault

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 224 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines/Tau

This is the latest version of a list I am testing as I prepare for LVO in a few weeks.

Playing pure Ultramarines isn't going to take me to the top, but if I can place in the top 3rd or even top quarter I will be happy.

The list starts with 12CP (3 Battle Forged + 5 Battalion + 1 Spearhead + 3 Guilliman). Currently my plan is to spend 2CP during list creation to upgrade the battalion with Indomitus Crusaders and the Spearhead with Victrix Guard. During deployment I will spend 2 more CP to upgrade the Intercessors to Veteran Status and the Smash Captain to a Field Commander.

++ Super-Heavy Auxiliary Detachment (Imperium - Space Marines) [18 PL, 400pts] ++

***Chapter Selection:* Ultramarines

+ Lord of War +

Roboute Guilliman [18 PL, 400pts]: Warlord

No surprises here, Gulliman is the lynchpin for most UM armies.

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Space Marines) [34 PL, 420pts] ++

+ HQ +

Chief Librarian Tigurius [7 PL, 115pts]

Mostly his job will be to babysit the Leviathan. Might of Heroes is cast every turn either on the Leviathan, or on Guilliman or the Smash Captain depending on who needs it more. Occasionally I might also use it on the Intercessor Sergeant as 5 S10 Fist attacks is hero level damage output.

Techmarine [5 PL, 64pts]: Chainsword, Combi-flamer

. Servo-harness: Flamer, Plasma cutter

The ultimate cheap unit bullyboy. If he's around Guilliman this guy can account for an entire unit of Guardsmen a turn on his own. He also gives me a second more mobile source of healing for my dreads.  I'm toying around with giving him Teeth of Terra as I plan for him to be on the frontline.

+ Troops +

Intercessor Squad [10 PL, 111pts]: Auxiliary Grenade Launcher, Bolt rifle

. 5x Intercessor

. Intercessor Sergeant: Power fist

I'll admit this unit is something of a vanity choice for me. I LOVE the intercessor models and I think they are an amazing unit with a broad application for nearly any situation. I'll be upgrading them to Veteran Status, mostly to increase their melee capacity but also to make use of Rapid Fire and Liberators stratagems.

Scout Squad [6 PL, 65pts]

. Scout Sergeant: Boltgun, Combat knife

. 3x Scout w/Boltgun

. Scout w/Heavy Weapon: Heavy bolter

Scout Squad [6 PL, 65pts]

. Scout Sergeant: Boltgun, Combat knife

. 3x Scout w/Boltgun

. Scout w/Heavy Weapon: Heavy bolter

Deep Strike denial/Hellfire Shell spamming/Objective camping.

++ Spearhead Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Space Marines) [66 PL, 1177pts] ++

+ HQ +

Captain [6 PL, 124pts]: Jump Pack, Storm shield, The Shield Eternal, Thunder hammer

This guy is going to eat ALL of my CP most games. Using Field Commander I plan to put the Defender of Ultramar warlord trait on him. When coupled with Fight Like Demigods I get one round of re-roll everything on him in melee. Coupled with Honour the Chapter or Only in Death Does Duty End this guy can usually attack 2x per turn. If I cast Might of Heroes on him he becomes a major threat capable of crippling most Knights in a single turn.

The Shield Eternal gives him a solid chance of surviving overwatch against the largest targets, and FLY allows him to interact with aircraft in the assault phase.

+ Elites +

Redemptor Dreadnought [10 PL, 161pts]: 2x Storm Bolters, Heavy Onslaught Gatling Cannon, Icarus Rocket Pod, Onslaught Gatling Cannon

Redemptor Dreadnought [10 PL, 161pts]: 2x Storm Bolters, Heavy Onslaught Gatling Cannon, Icarus Rocket Pod, Onslaught Gatling Cannon

With the point drops in CA2018 Redemptors are now a better weapons platform than a Razorback for killing chaff units. Between them they spit out 36 Heavy Bolter equivalent shots a turn. They also have Base S7 making their melee weapons S14! The Redemptor Fist is also D6 damage rather than the base 3 of most DCCW, making them superior melee combatants to other dreadnoughts. Ultramarines Chapter Tactics gives them the ability to maintain some semblance (albeit hitting on 5s) of fire superiority after being charged and their MASSIVE bases make it very hard to lock them in melee.

+ Heavy Support +

Contemptor Mortis Dreadnought [9 PL, 168pts]

. Two twin lascannons: 2x Twin lascannon

Contemptor Mortis Dreadnought [9 PL, 168pts]

. Two twin lascannons: 2x Twin lascannon

I would love to have the points to upgrade these guys to Relic status, but I would have to sacrifice a lot of toys to do it (need 44pts). Having an INV save automatically makes these guys superior to most dreads, and their BS2+ allows them to move and maintain a strong degree of accuracy (important as they typically are deployed in hiding).

Relic Leviathan Dreadnought [16 PL, 303pts]: 2x Heavy flamer, Storm cannon array, Storm cannon array

Chief bully and primary damage dealer of the list. Tiggy can make this thing knight level resilient causing a lot of opponents to ignore is as they cannot interact with it. I've found that it's relatively short range makes it vulnerable to being tri-tipped in melee by cultists/Boyz/Tzaangors. Hopefully running it paired with the two Redemptors will provide a large enough front to prevent it getting locked in.

Thunderfire Cannon [6 PL, 92pts]

. Techmarine Gunner

. . Servo-harness: Flamer, Plasma cutter

A little bit of healing for the backfield Contemptors along with access to Tremor Shells stratagem. It also gives me the tools to dig out those last few pesky guardsmen/cultists/mortars

++ Total: [118 PL, 1997pts] ++

"You're a brave man robot...  But when I'm in charge, every mission is a suicide mission!"

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dreadnoughts, Ultramarines

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users