Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Peter Fehervari’s Dark Coil

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,369 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard

Fehervari is the only BL author who could get me interested in a Space Marine book.

• Shinros likes this

byrd9999

byrd9999

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 35 posts

Sounds to me like they could be the best 40k novels

For me, at the moment, the absolute best of BL's sleeper hit authors are Fehervari and Harrison. I have just yet to find anything of Peter's that I haven't adored, and RI really comes across as the zenith of it all.

I cannot wait for his next novel, especially since it looks to be about the Resplendent/Penitent.

How do you know PF's next book will be about the Resplendent/Penitent?

I would love some info on what he's writing next!

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,369 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard

Sounds to me like they could be the best 40k novels

For me, at the moment, the absolute best of BL's sleeper hit authors are Fehervari and Harrison. I have just yet to find anything of Peter's that I haven't adored, and RI really comes across as the zenith of it all.

I cannot wait for his next novel, especially since it looks to be about the Resplendent/Penitent.

How do you know PF's next book will be about the Resplendent/Penitent?

I would love some info on what he's writing next!

He's mentioned it in an interview. I think it's Track of Worlds, but he's definitely said it somewhere quite recently. Also, something about being set on/in a desert since he's never really written that.

DarkChaplain

DarkChaplain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,070 posts

I'm pretty stoked to see him tackle a desert world, to be frank. The worlds Peter writes are just as much of a cast member as the other characters. He gives them a pretty distinct identity and their influences are felt throughout the narrative and beyond. While most authors' worlds are generally interchangeable under their archetype, Fehervari makes them a relevant part of the story that one will remember. Be it Phaedra, Oblazt or Redemption/Vytarn, they're places hard to truly forget.

• Xisor, Felix Antipodes, fire golem and 4 others like this

Preliminary Bombardment

Preliminary Bombardment

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 157 posts
I loved the image of Phaedra he made, and comment that it was "too lazy to be a Death World", just this damp, rotting largely spore infested place that nobody wants to be on.
  • Xisor and fire golem like this

Rob P

Rob P

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 240 posts

I read Fire Caste a few months ago and it didn't wow me

Review :

Spoiler

But i'm reading Fire and Ice now and it's much nearer to a really good read.

Is there some repository that explains how all these stories overlap?

Beren

Beren

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 797 posts

Not so much a clear explanation, but a  "map" of interlocking characters and arcs.

In addition to this I personally suspect that Calavera may be the same individual as

Spoiler

Edited by Beren, 18 February 2020 - 09:46 PM.

• Rob P likes this

Rob P

Rob P

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 240 posts

In addition to this I personally suspect that Calavera may be the same individual as

Spoiler

I've only read the two stories i've mentioned, but I had a gut feeling that Calavera was a ..

Spoiler

I guess i'll have to get to the other books at some point.

Edited by Rob P, Yesterday, 09:48 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users