Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New to Tsons, 1k pts

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

MDops

MDops

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 23 posts

Hey all

A bunch of mates and I are putting together a campaign over the next couple of months and I decided that I was going to expand on my Kill Team with some of my CSM models and some new stuff I have picked up

What I have in mind for 1k is

Battalion:

HQ

- DP with wings

- Exalted on disc

Troops

- 5 man Rubric w/ 1 flamer

- 5 man Rubric w/ 1 flamer

- 10 man Tzaangors w/ Brayhorn

Elites

- Hellbrute w/ Missle launcher, Twin Lascannon

Heavy Support

- Maulerfiend w/ Lasher tendrils

- Maulerfiend w/ Lasher tendrils

I feel with this list I can be fairly aggressive and in your face, it has a small fire base and some heavy hitters in melee.

I would like to know if there is anything that I would be better off dropping or adding

Cheers

• Tamika likes this

Tamika

Tamika

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 221 posts
Drop flamers in rubric squads and change Maulerfiends to Scourge Defiler... last four points give daemon Prince warp Bolter or a combi Bolter on each Defiler. Drink your enemies tears 😭

MDops

MDops

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 23 posts

Drop flamers in rubric squads and change Maulerfiends to Scourge Defiler... last four points give daemon Prince warp Bolter or a combi Bolter on each Defiler. Drink your enemies tears

Just for my understanding, the dropping the flamer, is that because the squad size is min or is there another reason?

Luckily I have a defiler, will have to brush the dust off. uncertain about this but will have a crack

Tamika

Tamika

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 221 posts
Only reason is to save the points to upgrade maulers to the more versatile Defiler

Prot

Prot

++ EQUES AEDITUUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,644 posts

While I do agree the Defiler is a lot of fun now, there is some merit (and fun) to be had with some flamers sprinkled in the Rubrics.

I know it's not entirely economical. Also I've run lists with Defilers and a maulerfiend. Wow... pretty terrifying if your opponent can't handle that much speed, and armour at once. You get one lucky turn of Daemon saves and it can ruin his day. Lots of fun though and i do feel like the Defiler suits, and runs with Thousand Sons really well.

Click to see....
gallery_2760_14273_30255.jpg
Instagram: @Prot40k

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users