Lore Question - Templars Corruptible?

Callan

What? Who cares. It’s fantastical fiction. If he wants that to happen, so be it.

I also noticed the several posts on the forum but didn’t bother replying.

He was asking for opinions about a project he considered working on. It’s for HIS pleasure. If you think it’s “cringe” then don’t comment on his post and move on. If you have an idea that can help him with his project present it.

His passive aggressive follow up was cringey.

People saying it can't happen have the same right as him of saying it can happen.

Now on the matter of who is right? That's another beast to tackle.

But in this case specifically Emperor Champion, there is no evidence.

But I saw someone saying GK get possessed as part of their initiation, so who knows ;)

People saying it can't happen have the same right as him of saying it can happen.

But I saw someone saying GK get possessed as part of their initiation, so who knows :wink:

The Exorcists get possessed as part of their initiation, not the Grey Knights.

It’s one of those ideas that seems cool as a kid. Like you make the connection with being a close combat army and khorne and power armor and suddenly you think you’ve discovered gold and really you just found some painted gold trash. Him doubling down on it and saying he can do it because he’s a mod of that page was a pretty solid indicator what type of person he is.

But I saw someone saying GK get possessed as part of their initiation, so who knows :wink:

The Exorcists get possessed as part of their initiation, not the Grey Knights.
My exact answer.

The reply was: "Oh so now you know all the 666 initiation rites of GK?"

God bless...god bless.

Yeah I'm done with that topic Rhor. It was a waste of time all around.

By all means, people can have an opinion of either. As you say Sete, there’s no proof for either.

I’m in the camp of “anything is plausible until proven impossible”.

To say it’s a childish notion and his idea isn’t as cool as he makes it out to be is weak. He thinks it’s cool, good for him.

I didn’t notice him make a claim that he can do what he wants because he’s a mod. Would need to read it myself. But he CAN do whatever he wants with his army.

Black templars being afflicted by chaotic boogaloos? Hardly, but not impossible (we aren't zealous enough to fully-completely-absolutely nullify chaos itself... yet)

Black templars willingly falling into chaos? Nope^.

• 3 months later...

The fact remains, at least one Black Templar has been shown to succumb to Chaos, disproving any theories about supposed Black Templars incorruptibility.

That wasn't a Templar, it was an Alpha Legion infiltrator who was unable to manifest  ZEAL. He was also planted in our chapter to sow discord and distrust amongst  the faithful.

Chaos is  everywhere, even where it isn't. :wink:

I just shelved a wd from 2003ish that had a squad of posessed csm that were painted and converted to look like fallen imperial sm.

There were bt cf an if marines in that squad. So yes bt can be corrupted. Sadly.

Umm...no.  That was one person's army, not associated with GW, who painted his "possessed" unit that way. That is not evidence that Templars were corrupted, only that followers of Slaanesh have wild imaginations.

Which is how  you get into trouble.

I believe that was our very own Castigators army. Also Possessed doesn't necessarily mean they have fallen, could have been captured and had the Daemons forced into them. 

Archived