Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

LVO 2019

8 replies to this topic

bkde

bkde

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 341 posts
Anyone going to LVO? Hoping to give the ladies a good showing

A.T.

A.T.

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,096 posts

I'm hoping they get good attendance, competent play, and absolutely smashed by the better codex armies in-line with their relative strength (as GW does tend to knee-jerk on tournaments these days)

I'm fearing that they get used a lot as CP/denial generation for the usual cawls wrath and friends list and pick up a reputation similar to guard infantry squads.

• Beams likes this

Beams

Beams

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,505 posts
  • Faction: Order of Our Martyred Lady
Agreed -- I see people saying "for 225 pts, you get 5 2d6 denies a turn plus one 4+ deny, and 17 2+* saves! It's OP!"

And that's without the 50 pts I'd say is mandatory for upgrade haha

*Because they will always be in cover, or at least, that's what they will say.

FallenSoldiers

FallenSoldiers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 462 posts
I can’t make LVO this year, maybe next! Good luck my man! I hope there aren’t too many Sisters “CP feeder” detachments.

bkde

bkde

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 341 posts

I'm hoping they get good attendance, competent play, and absolutely smashed by the better codex armies in-line with their relative strength (as GW does tend to knee-jerk on tournaments these days)

I'm fearing that they get used a lot as CP/denial generation for the usual cawls wrath and friends list and pick up a reputation similar to guard infantry squads.

Thanks...I think?  I mean, I was hoping to do mediocre and not get smashed, but thanks for the vote of confidence...

I can’t make LVO this year, maybe next! Good luck my man! I hope there aren’t too many Sisters “CP feeder” detachments.

Thanks!  I'm curious as well.  I don't think they'll replace the loyal 32 (to get the full 4++ buff is just too expensive and limits the ability to take "Grand Strategist") but I'm sure there will be a few, particularly kitted out for the psychic denial ability mentioned above.  Would definitely bring a lot to a group of knights/shield caps.

Edited by bkde, 11 January 2019 - 07:48 PM.

A.T.

A.T.

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,096 posts

Thanks...I think?  I mean, I was hoping to do mediocre and not get smashed, but thanks for the vote of confidence...

Good luck at the event :P

bkde

bkde

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 341 posts

Thanks...I think? I mean, I was hoping to do mediocre and not get smashed, but thanks for the vote of confidence...

Nice save...

Edited by bkde, 11 January 2019 - 10:04 PM.

Atrus

Atrus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 695 posts
  • Faction: Order of the Penitent Spirit

Thanks...I think? I mean, I was hoping to do mediocre and not get smashed, but thanks for the vote of confidence...

Nice save...

I think he means good luck and have fun at the event; but he hopes sisters perform at the event in such a way that geedubs goes "oh snap, girls need major buffing, good thing we're still making their dex."

Mossback

Mossback

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 74 posts
  • Faction: Order of the Bloody Rose

I'm going to LVO, but will be playing in the Kill Team competition.

Canoness Ximinez: NOBODY expects the Ecclesiarchy! Our chief weapon is surprise!... Surprise and flame... flame and surprise... Our two weapons are flame and surprise... and bolters! Our three weapons are flame, and surprise, and bolters... and an almost fanatical devotion to the Emperor... Our four... no... Amongst our weapons... Hmf... Amongst our weaponry... are such elements as flame, surpr... I'll come in again.

[She leaves]

Reg: [gamely] I didn't expect a kind of Empirical Ecclesiarchy.

[She bursts in again]

Canoness Ximinez: NOBODY expects the Ecclesiarchy!... Amongst our weaponry are such diverse elements as: flame, surprise, bolters, an almost fanatical devotion to the Emperor, and nice power armor - Oh damn!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users