Grim Badger's Legio Mortis

Welcome to the party! Very nice, these were 7 pretty busy days, great results. I particularly love the Cerastus, the banners bring a very very nice contrast. Well done :thumbsup:

Looks like these are the Gladius Game Arts Titan City bases, correct?

Plans for the future?

Thanks! For sure, super busy 7 days but also rewarding. Finally I've been able to get some games in, and loving it!

Spot on, Gladius Game Arts bases, had great fun painting these. I figured with the idea being to complete the project in the 7 day time frame, it was a better call than building my own. Glad I went that route!

Future plans; another Reaver to fill out the Axiom maniple and after that I plan to paint a maniple of Legio Praesagius. Hoping to have two opposing forces so I can give intro games and play with friends who don't have the time or funds to invest in this right now. 

Sounds great.

I think they were among the first ones to release specific AT bases. Building the bases is quite fun, but indeed takes time.

Which colours did you use for the Cerastus?

Yeah, they were certainly the first ones I found when I ordered a while back ahead of the project.

I went with a Xandri dust base coat, and then used baneblade brown with an agrax earthshade wash, which I then tidied back up again with the baneblade brown :) 

Love the vibrant colours on those Titans, especially the red on your Warlord :smile.: How have you done it? 

Thanks Reyner! My inspiration was the colour panels from Horus Heresy Book 1, really punchy red and jet black. 

This red is nice and simple, I used Halfords Red primer spray, followed by an application of Vallejo Model Air Fire Red. The colour IRL reminds me of the 30k red books.

That’s some awesome work in a week...

Thanks Fajita Fan! It was essentially 7 days of work over a 9 day period, doing pretty much nothing else... 10-12 hours a day on the models made relatively short work of them :) 

They look great Grim Badger - top work! 

Thanks Chaeron! I was really pleased. Looking forward to adding another Reaver to them soon, and getting to grips with my Legio Praesagius project. 

Archived