Knights

Murdicus

Avenger is always good dakka. What kind of list are you using? What do you feel you are lacking?

Why not magnetize? Its actually really easy. I did mine at the elbow joint. 6 magnets is all it takes and yoi get a fist, chainsword, gatling cannon,and either a thermal or battle cannon.

Replace the elbow nub with a magnet, and stick a magnet inside the hole to the weapon. No glue needed on the weapon hole, they fit in a neat little gap. I can post pictures of mine if you wpuld like

Avenger is always good dakka. What kind of list are you using? What do you feel you are lacking?

Why not magnetize? Its actually really easy. I did mine at the elbow joint. 6 magnets is all it takes and yoi get a fist, chainsword, gatling cannon,and either a thermal or battle cannon.

Replace the elbow nub with a magnet, and stick a magnet inside the hole to the weapon. No glue needed on the weapon hole, they fit in a neat little gap. I can post pictures of mine if you wpuld like

Yeah magnetizing the elbow is super easy.  I used fewer magnets because I put metal screws in the hollows.  I packed the elbow with tinfoil and then screwed the #6 x 1/2" wood screw into place.  It also helped prevent screwing up polarity.

You can even build it so that you can swap out the Thermal and Battle Cannon.  For mine, the Battle Cannon stays on with static tension because of how the armor plate fits on the neck and the heavy stubber ammo box pinches the side.  For the Thermal Cannon, I glued a bit of a plastic straw inside the rear housing so I wouldn't have to pack the entire cavity to keep the magnet and screw in place.  You can magnetize the ammo boxes for both weapons if you want.  I didn't because they are usually on the inside of the arm next to the body and aren't very visible behind the armor plate.

I have not faced any Knights myself, but I hear that the Castelan (sp?) is at the top of the Knight heap?

Between the Castelan and the Valiant (the 2 big Knights), the Castelan has more consistent shooting.  If you are looking for customization the Preceptor box is the way to go, because it affords you the most options for kitting out your Knight.  If you are considering getting a 2nd Knights at any point, then you should track down one of the Renegade Box Game, because you'll save $100 doing so.  The only drawback to the Renegade box is that you don't get the Preceptor weapons, and you only get one Carapace frame.

don't you dark angels love plasma?

Castelan is the way to go

Maybe, but I purchased the Valiant, and after my first game with it tonight I'm glad I did.

It was super satisfying one-shot-ing a character with one of the shoulder missiles, causing 22 wounds on overwatch with the big flamer, one-shot-ing a vehicle with that Harpoon, and doing a one-shot River Dance on another character.

If it's a Questoris knight you're after, the preceptor box is the one to get. Costs the same as the Crusader/warden kit, but holds more options. Definitely magnetize, especially if you don't plan on expanding. I magnetized the thermal/battle/las impulsor weapon from my preceptor kit, it's doable, even for a git like me.

For me it's got to be a Deathwing Knight with storm shield and mace of absolution, although a Black Knight with plasma talons comes a close second.

Oh, you mean the bigger kind of knight. I'll get my coat...

For me it's got to be a Deathwing Knight with storm shield and mace of absolution, although a Black Knight with plasma talons comes a close second.

I thought you meant you were gonna make an imperial deathwing knight with a huge shield and mace of absolution... by then i read black knight and my hopes were crushed :'(

I thought you meant you were gonna make an imperial deathwing knight with a huge shield and mace of absolution... by then i read black knight and my hopes were crushed :'(

Well there are some pictures going around with customized Khorne Lord of Skulls mixed with the Imperial Knight kit where they took 2 of the dozer blades from the Lord of Skulls and made it a shield.  I can't find the picture anymore.

Archived