Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Index (Heretic) Astartes

White Dwarf Index Astartes

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

DreamIsCollapsing

DreamIsCollapsing

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 431 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

There is not need for Khorn Daemonkind with the way army list work in 8th. 

Just rework totally summoning (AoS system looks like nice). 

I dunno if we'll have true Legions. It's seems Index astartes is more for sub-chapter (and for chaos traitors sub chapter). 

Legion are alredy cover by codex. Expect just new datasheet/formation for Black Legion. 

I looked down the sights of my rifle, my target looked back. It's eyes were all the eyes I'd ever loved. They promised everything I could ever want. Love, comfort, safety. An end to this nightmare. I felt my will draining out of me, entranced by those eyes.

Profil pic by Qsy draw a lot

Juggernut

Juggernut

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,089 posts
  • Faction: All Things Khornate
I think the blood tithe mechanic is the variable missing from the equation. Just having World Eaters and daemons detachments isn’t really the same thing. Not that we’ll ever have the army back (most likely), but it isn’t reproducible in 8th other than the unit choices.
  • Prot likes this

jd71B4p.jpgMFgjOT4.jpgjd71B4p.jpg

Laughingman

Laughingman

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 544 posts

As Loss says, they'll probably start with the Black legion, then follow up with the 8 remaining Legions, followed by the Red Corsairs. Maybe there'll be some other Warbands thrown in, like the Crimson Slaughter, Flawless Host, or Blood Gorgons (seriously, why were/are they on the front page of the 6/7/8th edition codex?!). 

Because the artwork for the Blood Gorgons is one of the single best Chaos Marine artworks they've ever done? laugh.png

And I don't think they'll do all of the Traitor Legions. Especially since 2 have their own Codex, and 2 more (World Eaters, Emperor's Children) will likely be getting their own Codex. So that'd just leave Black Legion (very likely), Word Bearers, Iron Warriors, Night Lords and Alpha Legion.

I'm hoping for Khorne Daemonkin personally.

Dragonlover

I'd prefer them getting the Codex Treatment. Khorne Daemonkin is what got me into 7th, then 8th dropped right after I got it laugh.png

I suspect they will never touch the Blood Gorgons ever again after Henry Zou plagiarized elements of Flesh and Iron and GW got sued (and lost)... 

• ChazSexington likes this

Doom Herald

Doom Herald

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 442 posts

With the return of Index Astartes to the White Dwarf, I thought it'd be interesting to hear which warbands you guys think are important or unique enough to deserve a treatment in the magazine. My pick would be the Crimson Slaughter - I think the most accurate way to represent them on the table at the moment is to field them with the World Eaters legion tactic, but they're more than just mad butchers... despite their name. Getting a couple of their relics back to represent Kranon the Relentless or maybe Draznicht would also be a huge deal for them, aswell as a unique warlord trait.
Any other opinions?

I run my Crimson Slaughter as Night Lord's. Terror Tactics Replicates the Fear effect, In Midnight Clad represents the way some formations gave BS penalties, Curse of The Night Haunter works to simulate the precognitive/prophetic ability Krannon and some others occasionally displayed as well as touching on the better save afforded by Daemon Heart. Krannon I do as a Chaos Lord with the Murder Sword. Draznicht makes a good Dark Apostle since they have a re-roll hits aura.

Don't get me wrong, I've been feeling salty all 8th edition that my warband is now generic Renegades and that our main commander has not been playable since partway through 7th. I would love to see Crimson Slaughter with their own rules again, maybe Prophet of The Voices as a warlord trait. Crimson Slaughter is why I play Chaos now. While they may not be as popular among older players, I think they were the first taste of Chaos for many, relatively, new players.

Edited by ThanatosMalleus, 13 January 2019 - 02:05 AM.

• sfPanzer and AHorriblePerson like this

Laughingman

Laughingman

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 544 posts

I'd like to see the Warp Ghosts get some love, time traveling ferryman of the damned...

• Brother Aiwass, Xin Ceithan and AHorriblePerson like this

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 18,967 posts
  • Faction: Knights of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

I think the blood tithe mechanic is the variable missing from the equation. Just having World Eaters and daemons detachments isn’t really the same thing. Not that we’ll ever have the army back (most likely), but it isn’t reproducible in 8th other than the unit choices.

Considering how GW reworked summoning mechanics for various armies in AoS with the new edition I'd say there's a good chance they'll go and rework the basically completely unused summoning mechanic for chaos in 40k as well and when that happens they might just as well include different systems for different gods. That could also open the door for a completely new summoning mechanic that's not god specific for the Word Bearers as Legion trait instead of what they have now.

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Juggernut

Juggernut

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,089 posts
  • Faction: All Things Khornate
It’s possible, yeah. Both the summoning mechanic and WB trait need lots of love. I think it would have to take a new edition for either/both to change, so we’ll see. I hope so.

jd71B4p.jpgMFgjOT4.jpgjd71B4p.jpg

ChazSexington

ChazSexington

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 920 posts

It’s possible, yeah. Both the summoning mechanic and WB trait need lots of love. I think it would have to take a new edition for either/both to change, so we’ll see. I hope so.

It looks like they kinda got it. The new Infernal Enrapturess has bonuses to it. 

Call_of_Chaos_9_Medal_01a.gifETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei01.gifgallery_48988_15465_48576.pnggallery_29004_15471_42509.png

Ceterum autem censeo Macragginem delendam esse.

Azekai

Azekai

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,924 posts
  • Faction: Warp Locusts, Traitor Guard

Considering how GW reworked summoning mechanics for various armies in AoS with the new edition I'd say there's a good chance they'll go and rework the basically completely unused summoning mechanic for chaos in 40k as well and when that happens they might just as well include different systems for different gods. That could also open the door for a completely new summoning mechanic that's not god specific for the Word Bearers as Legion trait instead of what they have now.

I would be happy if WB could summon at the beginning of the turn and then the character could take their turn as normal. Summoning is so clunky; adding fluidity would help a lot.

Corruption is our armor. Infection is our weapon. Immortality is our reward.

gallery_48988_13169_3872.pngETL_VI_Badge_Forum_Champion_Chaos_LATD.jCall_of_Chaos_11_Banner_01e.jpggallery_63428_7083_8312.png3DrnTQ5.png

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,420 posts

I'd like to see the Warp Ghosts get some love, time traveling ferryman of the damned...

Funny you mention them. They got a WarhammerTV tutorial today :lol:

Kythnos

Kythnos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 820 posts
  • Faction: Stonebreakers
Perfect timing right after they lost access to Haarkens buff :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: White Dwarf, Index Astartes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users