White Scars with not soooooo many Bikers ?

Breakthrough

Hi guys longstory, short question.

What do ya think about white scars without bikes and stuff?

Cause I plan to play with some colleagues a badab war campaign with the Mantis Warriors.

They have the gene seed from the White Scars so...

So no Primaris stuff, not so much bikes, but more Rhinos, Razorbacks and Assault Squads.

Additionally I plan to use them in local tournaments, so it shouldn't be tooooooo weak.

Do ya think it's possible to build a funny, fluffy list for 1850 Pts with that limitations?

Greetings

Perfect thanks guys,

I tend actually that I want to use 1 Rhino and 1 Razorback with Tacticals in in, is it a bad Idea?

Vanguard veterans I just can take 1 10man squad right?

Or did I get that wrong?

It should be for an Badab War Campaign, a bit fluffy, but not too shabby...

You won’t need bikes. You just need units that are mobile enough.

It’s about picking your battles and avoiding confrontation without need.

You actually want small units that pack a massive punch and move about until you see favorable engagements.

Why small ? Because it’s easier to hide and not get shot at at all !

Hiding 5 Marines is easier than 25.

A unit of Bikes is a bit more useful for WS due the Stratagem than for other chapters since it allows you to move them 20"-22" and still shoot and charge. I'd use it on Scout bikes but it's not mandatory. A single Bike squad isn't unusual for Marine armies anyway so you wouldn't have to spam them either.

The Warlord trait is pretty lame tbh so just take something else.

The Relic is okay-ish (+1 to casting Smite with the model) but I'm sure you can find something better.

But overall you'll want to build the same army as with other chapters. The WS chapter tactic is a gimmick you can use to position your unit better if you ever happen to have a combat last more than one turn (which is not the norm unfortunately) but nothing to build an army around and as you can see neither are the other WS specific things.

• 2 weeks later...

To be fair, Marines Chapter Tactics are mostly flavour.

Especially with the Raven Guard change of stratagem where it’s not infiltrate but reposition.

sfPanzer is right that the CT won’t inform what your list is about, rather give you some minor boosts here and there !

Really not like the Horus Heresy where each Légion has massive differences.

Really build your list like you would build a ‘Marines list’

Archived