What now? New GSC player.

Cpt.Danjou

My meta is filled with Imperial players, I am one of them as  Space wolf player, and I thought I wanted to start a new force, and a none imperial one. I am fully aware that the codex is not out yet, but I thought you could help me with pointers what to get for a GSC force. I was lucky and got the last "Tooth & claw" box from my LFGS, I still have no idea why I would need mor Space wolves as I am already drowning in fur and beards. 
So I have what is in that box, plus 20-30 pure strains genesteaers and som infantry Ig. What is your advice for me to get.? I guess a transport or two is not a bad idea? Anything else that you think will help to make a fun and semi competitive force?

Cpt.Danjou

Some psykers would be very handy to get your stealers in. A couple of Magus' would be really handy, if you have that many purestrains a patriarch is a really good shout. Transports are always great, a leman Russ would also be a good shout but generally you need other vehicles so it doesn't get focused. Russ' versus Primaris is great because if you get decently lucky you can usually wipe a squad or at least make a decent dent. The abominant is a literal bullet spunge and generally pulls more than his weight and imo a great character sniper.

GSC can be very nasty if you catch people off guard and are super fun

Archived