main6.jpg

Huge progress here - got a bit overwhelmed with work so I was not around for a couple of days and look what happened! :ohmy.:

In Honour of the First Legion. I, Dwango, vow to complete a Legion Consul (Master of Signal), a Limited Edition Imperial Space Marine (hopefully converted as a Vigilator), a Legion Veteran Squad, a Legion Assault Squad, 4 Rhino Transports and 2 Demios Pattern whirlwind Scorpius’  by 15th April 2019. For the Lion!

Late to the fray but will hopefully get completed in time (My Rhinos have been started but only undercoat and some red, I hope this is allowed??)!

Rhinos are fine! Good luck brother of the Honoured First! 

I painted stuff blue. too blue. need to glaze everything.

Glaze on dude! :wink:

With about 10 weeks to go, and 3 gone (?) my build phase is about 60% done - and update to show I am slogging along and getting about one sort of done every two days-ish.

Only in death does duty end!

Just gonna leave a cheeky little vow here... 

I Slave to Darkness vow to complete 1 Legion Praetor, 1 Legion Champion, 1 Primus Medicae, 1 Legion Command squad,1 Veteran squad and 1 Destroyer squad by whenever the deadline is for the glory of the Emperors Children and the Warmaster. 

Hey StD! Welcome on board - good to see you taking on the Heresy again! Good luck mate!

Update: Half the tactical squad done.

Vow is: 41.6% complete.

-Ran

Amazing sea green there man... I can't settle on a proper scheme for the SoH for I don't know how long now. And then these amazing pieces of work (art?) come along, and I go back to square 1. :rolleyes:

Great stuff man - amazing work...

Lernaean terminators done, Alpharius next!

Wow! If the Termies look like that, I can't wait for Alpharius! (or was he among the Termies already? :tongue.:)

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_14606/gallery_106786_14606_40946.jpeg

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_14606/gallery_106786_14606_107138.jpeg

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/252925-received-387648231797090/

Sorry, Im on mobile, but here are the next 3 pledges for L&T

Invictarius Suzerain Squad
Solar Aux Rapier Quad Mortar
Jump Pack Apothecary to go with the Destroyers I completed earlier.

Updated - and the completion of Apothecary also! you are on a roll! :thumbsup:

This is great momentum everyone, the Heresy seems to be coming back in vogue with the new releases in the HH Weekender and the new Black Book is not even out yet! (it may be out by the time the ETL kicks off though :wink:)

Tremendous work everyone, keep going!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

-Ran

Amazing sea green there man... I can't settle on a proper scheme for the SoH for I don't know how long now. And then these amazing pieces of work (art?) come along, and I go back to square 1. :rolleyes:

Thanks Cap't, can't take all the credit though, I did them up according to a magnificent guide created by Christoffer over at the blog Dorn's Arrow. You can find it here: https://dornsarrow.blogspot.com/2019/01/sons-of-horus-painting-tutorial.html

I stuck fairly closely to the guide relating to Vallejo paints, substituting Vallejo Game Air Greyish Blue in as the final airbrush highlight and then mixing it with off-white for the edge highlight. 

If you're looking for a SoH scheme, the guide is absolutely worth a read. 

-Ran

I did a test for a better colour scheme. I kinda like this one, so i think i'm going to go with it on all the marines:

51755739_10156175054584150_5206060984833

nice thing it only took me like 3-4 hours on that guy, so I'm looking forward to finish my pledges quicker than expected.

-Ran

Thanks Cap't, can't take all the credit though, I did them up according to a magnificent guide created by Christoffer over at the blog Dorn's Arrow. You can find it here: https://dornsarrow.blogspot.com/2019/01/sons-of-horus-painting-tutorial.html

I stuck fairly closely to the guide relating to Vallejo paints, substituting Vallejo Game Air Greyish Blue in as the final airbrush highlight and then mixing it with off-white for the edge highlight. 

If you're looking for a SoH scheme, the guide is absolutely worth a read. 

-Ran

An excellent resource! And with many alternative paint systems - great find man! :tu:

Just a progress update, moving on to touch-ups soon, matte varnish, decals and then final varnish.

Breacher squad 1

Breacher squad 2

Terminator squad 1 and Primus apothecary

Look at all this yellow! :o You are a true hero man!

Im trying to work out how I can hit every title for this event.

I think I might be able to do it. Lot of characters and one-ofs though.

This has not been done yet, mainly due to the diversity of the titles: Astartes, Mechanicum, Solar Auxilia, Knights and Titan (40k-sized, not the small ones).

Anyway, good luck! :D

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

gallery_106786_15196_185843.jpg

gallery_106786_15196_7423.jpg

Ok, so here's my quad mortar. It's done. Here's a Leman Russ to get my #2 for Solar Aux, and my start on Forgelord. The Suzerain Squad I pledged is coming along. I've gotten them primed. :P

Centurion- Done

Chaplain- Done

Champion- 5/6

Forgelord- 0/12 HP

Delegatus- Incomplete

Magos- Incomplete

Legate Commander- 1/3

Seneschal- Incomplete

Princeps- Incomplete

Hidden Content

gallery_106786_15196_185843.jpg

gallery_106786_15196_7423.jpg

Ok, so here's my quad mortar. It's done. Here's a Leman Russ to get my #2 for Solar Aux, and my start on Forgelord. The Suzerain Squad I pledged is coming along. I've gotten them primed. :tongue.:

Centurion- Done

Chaplain- Done

Champion- 5/6

Forgelord- 0/12 HP

Delegatus- Incomplete

Magos- Incomplete

Legate Commander- 1/3

Seneschal- Incomplete

Princeps- Incomplete

Whaaaaaaat? You mean to say you've got a Titan somewhere in there? :wacko.:

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

You know that thing people say that Madness is to try the same thing a million times with the same procedure and expect different results?
Well, something like that happens to me with the Alpha Legion... The Hydra leads to madness...

So, i decided to try something different and painted a Raven Guard veteran:
51596397_10156180558469150_4453010659289

52595833_10156180558619150_4701142542161

I hope things go in a different way this time.

Edited by nusphigor

Whirlwind Scorpius complete:

gallery_86689_11936_530201.jpg

Sorry I've been absent from the main battle. Been fighting a local holding action on this front. Scorpius is done, despite having been dropped and repaired twice and then having one fender dunked into red paint (don't ask) it is finished. Everything else is in partially complete.

And now that I have internet back (again, don't ask) y'all will have to put up with me again. :)

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_15196/gallery_106786_15196_2515.jpeg

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_15196/gallery_106786_15196_41705.jpeg

Roman-23 the first of a mess of Leman Russ tanks for the Solar Auxilla. Im really pleased with how it turned out. Suzerain are coming along. I will get progress pics up sometime after work unless I just sit down and crank them out.

Centurion- Done

Chaplain- Done

Champion- Done

Forgelord- 3/12 HP

Delegatus- Incomplete

Magos- Incomplete

Legate Commander- 2/3

Seneschal- Incomplete

Princeps- Incomplete

OK I'm following Duncan's pretty basic yet effective approach...

Progress so far:

Assembly:

med_gallery_27176_15237_150291.jpg

Basecoating with Kabalite Green

med_gallery_27176_15237_90586.jpg

Basecoating everything that is going to be black, silver or gold with black:

med_gallery_27176_15237_168548.jpg

Next steps:

Do the metals before shading... So silvers and golds and one done, black shade for the green and silver and agrax for gold. I really want a dark gold - maybe brass... dunno yet...

Annoyingly I cant find the head I was gonna use for my 'Not Fabius' Medic, can anybody think of a suitable bit similar to his artwork? 

9f48a57e7f39e0b85bf0ce7db77b0e18.jpg

Off the top of my head, this one from the Empire Greatswords kit?

If it's mostly about the facial expression full of disdain and arrogance (and if you don't mind sculpting some hair), the Darkoath Chieftain's head might also be worth a look.

Wow! There's some seriously awesome work going on here. It was a real pleasure to go back and look at everything posted here while I was off line. Unfortunately, I ran out of likes about half way through. You guys rock!

Spent the day blocking in black on my Spartan. Holy Emperor, I didn't realize there were 137 miles of tracks on the darned thing! (Well at least it seemed that way.) :)

The Cyclops demolition tanks are coming along as well. It feels good to be getting them painted as they've been sitting in the mountain of shame forever.

Edited by Semper Fortis

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_15196/gallery_106786_15196_2515.jpeg

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_15196/gallery_106786_15196_41705.jpeg

Roman-23 the first of a mess of Leman Russ tanks for the Solar Auxilla. Im really pleased with how it turned out. Suzerain are coming along. I will get progress pics up sometime after work unless I just sit down and crank them out.

Centurion- Done

Chaplain- Done

Champion- Done

Forgelord- 3/12 HP

Delegatus- Incomplete

Magos- Incomplete

Legate Commander- 2/3

Seneschal- Incomplete

Princeps- Incomplete

I love that camo

Catching up time, as the weather is not cooperating and everything is waiting to be primed I have not been following things here as closely as I should have, so let’s see what you have all been up to.

As promised here is the finished build shot of the Macrocarid Explorator.

The top gun is a count as a Conversion Beamer, and all the random lenses and radio dishes are the Explorator Augury Web.

Hidden Content

gallery_29932_12734_159154.jpg

gallery_29932_12734_21993.jpg

The sponsons are magnetised, so I will probably at some point convert some Irradiation engines as an alternative.

What sort of Heresy is this? :ohmy.: Amazing inspiration there Trokair - and very well executed! I look forward to see some paint on it! (and some Blood for the Blood God on those rotating drills) :biggrin.:

Desperate times call for desperate measures. The Omnissiah’s blessing will take any and all forms required in defense of our forges from the arch-traitor Kelbor-Hal!

Richmarine, looking good on that assault marine with the strong blue.

Fortis, you say don’t ask. So what happened to the Scoprius?

Nusphigor, is the Raven Guard an Alpha Legionnaire as well?

TheStausJoe, I like the darker armour on the Solar Auxilla, it somehow looks more combat ready compared to the light paintjob that FW gives them. Also how much time do you have, there seems to be a completed unit every few dyas!

Dreagher, the castellax, and especially considering their bases, are giving an underwater rusted shipwreck vibe. Someone left them there to long and they fight on regardless.

Lord Ranulf, those are stunning, really looking forward to the rest.

Luna707, that is quite the display you got there, good luck.

TheStausJoe, I like the darker armour on the Solar Auxilla, it somehow looks more combat ready compared to the light paintjob that FW gives them. Also how much time do you have, there seems to be a completed unit every few dyas!

Thanks! I wanted to stretch out and do something I wasn't really comfortable with. I'm an Ultramarines player, so the standard Blue that Forgeworld has just doesn't do it for me, because I don't want to paint Solar Aultramarines. Same thing with the Leman Russ too, I can post a tutorial on the camo patterns if people are interested.

As for my time? I.... just sit down and paint. My buddies say I paint like a madman, but I feel that I just paint how I paint. Couple hours, and a unit is done.