Nooooice, you two. Very very noice.

Lord Commander Eidelon, man, that's just seriously ace. The eagle shield and heresy tracks absolutely sell that as a one of a kind and firmly set in the era. Went all out with the heavy bolter housing work, fantastic commanders, love the upgrade head as it all just blends perfectly. And it's so 'LOUD', I love the effect, absolutely sells it with the black there too. Seriously fantastic.

Why thank you kind sir! Pity we are so far away, it'd be good to have our armies on display together representing the time the third fought with Horus! I'm happy with this badboy, there's just too much other stuff to finish! I'm getting sick of the pink!!

Lord Comander Eidolon, Jawdrop! That Landraider looks great. What is the Gav-weapon in 30k?

It's a grav cannon - not entirely Heresy appropriate but I was too lazy to convert the eagle to fit the heavy bolters and I need the set I was going to use on my Thunderhawk!!

Glad you guys like the Raider, more pics are on my thread, always happy to get comments! I've just got final highlights to do on the Command Squad and my Legion Command is looking sweet....

i am actively hating painting my breachers :sad.: i can not get the white to sit smooth and go one how i like it i think i may just bomb through them and then call it a day

Daler-Rowney FW White Acrylic Ink. Use it through an airbrush and be amazed.

Man, StatusJoe, you're making that aaaawfully tempting. -ponders some more, eyeing the shopping cart- Sculptamold stick well to the base? I always kinda wondered as I had a lot of separation with other putties and the like and Green stuff is expeeeeensive to do that sort of stuff. Hmm, I may start having to plan all that stuff in advance from now on as it's an awesome ffect. Y'did real well there, mate! Seriously inspiring stuff.

Fritz Fantom, dude don't I know it, it was miserably cold the whole first part of the month here in Western Valhalla Canada. Best of luck on it, eh!

Oh, and speaking of inspiring/soul crushingly good, Lord Ranulf those are looking ace! The Lupercal would approve (Or rather, Maloghurst would pre-approve and Horus would sign off. 'Tis a thing). The bright highlights and scratches toned reaaaally well and make that pale fleshtone really pop. Man, I wish I could paint that kind of clean. That and the greco-roman ruins really work. Seriously well done mate, they're fantastic (and make me want to repaint). Lovin' it.

Lord Commander Eidelon, they really work. Like, I haven't seen heresy EC go that route before but you totally made it work. I always worried that drastic look would really clash because of that palatine fancy look that seems to want to detract from a lot of the plating with all the extra filigree. But the usage of some of those extra bits really nails it. It's a killer and always love seeing what you do with your work. Hah, I hear ya, I really wish I lived somewhere that resembled civilization, some times! 30K groups always seem rockin. Maaaybe next year I can at least make LVO (but then I'd be a Red Shirt, those that attended last time know what I mean.)

Well, bit of work done on the Cerberus. I'm just finishinga few bits and then it'll be done tonight/tomorrow. But for now... drop pod finally done. Ugh, I hate drop pods, only like 6-7 more to go to get this army together. gallery_107230_14721_75406.jpg

Edited by Vykes

@ Ran: man those are some awesome SoHs... Now Im intimidated showing mine over here... :lol: That Praetor rocks! 

@ Vykes: You have not entered those Drop Pods here? That's self-motivation right there! :D

High and tight or buzz cuts for the boys. Praetor bucks the trend, but hey, he only answers to the First Captain and the Warmaster himself.

I've been playing with glaze effects to get stubble/shaven looks a bit lately, hence the haircuts.

-Ran

Wooot, Lord Ranulf ya keep one uppin' the bar, dude. I love the posing on the Praetor and the blade through the mk. III is really brilliant. If my praetor survives his current campaign I may have to do that with an Iron Hand (who hath spited me this very weekend!)

Aye Cap'n Semper, though my shop still hasn't got in all of the drop pods I need. Kinda got staggered given no one seems to be getting them anymore.

Well, bit of work done on the Cerberus, still got a bit more OSL and then sponsons to go.

gallery_107230_14721_46268.jpg

Edited by Vykes

Lads and Ladies, your attention please- center stage, center stage. I have one helluv-an announcement to make.

It's done.

Yes, that.

It's done. I spent my Saturday, and my Sunday finishing it.

Oh? You don't believe me? Well then. Here she is, in all her glory. From Legio Perennia, I give you Virgo Dulcis! Hammer of the Loyal Fabricator General Kane.

Hidden Content

gallery_106786_15196_34942.jpg

gallery_106786_15196_34942.jpggallery_106786_15196_20793.jpg

Now, if my calculations are correct, that gives me over 20 days to finish this Corvus Corax model I have sitting here, and then I'm done with everything? Throne, I thought I'd never get this monster done.

done? you call that done? where is the 400 hours of weathering? the Sistine chapel worthy freehand over every open panel? where damnit where?!!!

You're right! I forgot to do all of that. Let me take a look at your titan you pledged for the event for some inspiration.

Sarabando

1. Breacher squad (x10)

2. Forge lord COMPLETE

3. Command squad (x5) COMPLETE

....oh.

The only true way to apply primer is by brush on, like ye olden days!  That's the path of the true hobbiest.  -hears infernal screaming- This is how Hellforged worlds are made. 

StatusJoe, duuuuude... just, man... heh, viiiicious -tries to keep the cackling to a minimum and avoid flopping around like a carp-  The Virgo Dulcis is absolutely astounding.  Looks terrific, great colouration, the metals are great, but the number one thing that totally gets me is the head.  Love it, you better have some close ups as it does really look incredible, lots of pop, keeps the other colour schemes in check to give it a nice spot colour that isn't on the same wavelength as the metals.  You better be gettin' us some shots of the complicated gribbly bits on the back too.  That is still one crazy god-engine.  

Kudos of the highest order!  Seriously that is crazy in the best ways imaginable my dude. 

Lads and Ladies, your attention please- center stage, center stage. I have one helluv-an announcement to make. 

It's done.

She's a beauty, StatusJoe! The quality of your work and your speed never cease to amaze (and intimidate) me. So after you finish your sweep of ALL the titles, which one are you going to pick for your signature?

I noticed a can of Minwax in that last shot. Are you using that for weathering??? Is so, I'd be interested in your technique. Or are you refinishing furniture while cranking out all your amazing models? :lol:

The only true way to apply primer is by brush on, like ye olden days!  That's the path of the true hobbiest.  -hears infernal screaming- This is how Hellforged worlds are made. 

StatusJoe, duuuuude... just, man... heh, viiiicious -tries to keep the cackling to a minimum and avoid flopping around like a carp-  The Virgo Dulcis is absolutely astounding.  Looks terrific, great colouration, the metals are great, but the number one thing that totally gets me is the head.  Love it, you better have some close ups as it does really look incredible, lots of pop, keeps the other colour schemes in check to give it a nice spot colour that isn't on the same wavelength as the metals.  You better be gettin' us some shots of the complicated gribbly bits on the back too.  That is still one crazy god-engine.  

Kudos of the highest order!  Seriously that is crazy in the best ways imaginable my dude. 

I will have pictures of the Virgio in action at Adepticon, as it is currently headed towards Chicago with a buddy of mine for the event. You can check out my instagram @the9thCompany to see pictures as soon as I get them. My yesterday consisted of alternating scrambling around getting panels painted and holding panels in place for the epoxy to dry. Due to the fact that I didn't get her finished until roughly 10pm last night, I only had a few minutes to snap photos before it went into the case and went to Tampa. 

It's done.

She's a beauty, StatusJoe! The quality of your work and your speed never cease to amaze (and intimidate) me. So after you finish your sweep of ALL the titles, which one are you going to pick for your signature?

I noticed a can of Minwax in that last shot. Are you using that for weathering??? Is so, I'd be interested in your technique. Or are you refinishing furniture while cranking out all your amazing models? :laugh.:

The Minwax was something I used for a commission a long time ago and its just been on the table there for a while. I've since expanded my commission desk to include over 14 feet of counterspace, so I have some stuff just in a catch-all location. Long story short, no. I don't touch models I like with Minwax. But if you never want the paint to come off, it does look like a glossy agrax earthshade if you dip and shake. 

It has been way to busy and I haven’t cheeked in for a while, nearly done with one tank, three more to go gulp.

So, what has everybody been up to?

*Sees Virgo Dulcis*

:ohmy.:

… so, while I have been struggling with one tank you did all that. Hats of Good Sir.

Lord Ranulf, as others have said, nice work on the Praetor.

Edited by Trokair

Sounds good, StatusJoe sounds good. Now, gotta remember my Istagram sign in thingie so I can keep it tracked.

Well, bit of a WIP but getting right close to done.

gallery_107230_14721_147373.jpg

Man, against black it looks blue and the green shows up on white. Went with the darker 40K colour scheme 'cause... well a friend asked me too, so I did. Meh.

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_15196/gallery_106786_15196_123701.jpeg

Unto this road I tread, brothers.

Many have been the projects

Long have been the hours.

Nearing the apex of this mighty mountain

Behind I see past glory. Soldiers and Tanks

Healers and Destroyers. A Knight, even

A God-Engine of War

But the mightiest is saved for last.

One of eighteen, mightiest sons of our Emperor

Corax! Corax! Corax!

Hidden Content
gallery_106786_15196_159390.jpg

gallery_106786_15196_40750.jpg

gallery_106786_15196_28062.jpg

gallery_106786_15196_118918.jpg

gallery_106786_15196_264516.jpg

Wow, what a ride. That's it for me everyone. I wish you the best of luck in finishing your hobby goals. I know after this, I'm going to take a few days off (yeah, right) and relax, maybe play some video games and what not. But before I go, I have one message from my hobby desk for everyone!

gallery_106786_15196_174247.jpg