Hidden Content

gallery_106786_15196_242331.jpg

Ok, three units for Magos done. 2 Magos Prime and Caleb Decima.

That puts me at

Centurion- Done

Chaplain- Done

Champion- Done

Forgelord 3/12

Delegatus- Incomplete

Magos- Done

Legate Commander 2/3

Senschal- Incomplete

Princeps- Incomplete

That being said, I have made some decent progress on the Warbringer. I have almost completed the legs. I will need to build and paint a second Leman Russ tank here to get that 3/3 for Legate Commander, then I am just looking to finish a Primarch, Knight, and Titan. Saved the biggest for last I guess.

Emperor save me, what have I done?

Edited by TheStatusJoe

I don't think I have painted a tank in many many years, (like 3rd edition era I think).... If you are still deciding on what other tanks to do, please do the Mechanicum ones. The Omnissiah’s followers are underrepresented as it is, and I always like to see more Mech :smile.:.Also the Cylops’s are cute.

I hear you about not having painted a tank in a long while. The Achilles Alpha I painted for ETL last year was my first in forever. It turned out to be much easier than I anticipated.

I'm lovin' your Ordo Reductor Magos!! Sweet color scheme! What do you think about using your blue accent color for the main tank color and the orange from his cloak as the accent?

Sorry, but I already vowed two Solar Auxiliary tanks. Just wait until ETL. You'll see Mechanicum from me then! Oh and I think the little Cyclopses are cute, too. At least until they blow up. :laugh.:

I only use the orange for the robes. See below for two different parts of the ETL Vow from last year, the tanks will need to fit in this army. On the Macrocarid it should probably be alright as the base Land raider has lots of different armour segments, so painting the outermost blue should work just fine, it is the Medusas I am a more concerned about, they are much smoother and less armoured, so working out where the blue fits in is trickier.

gallery_29932_12734_130280.jpg

gallery_29932_12734_107061.jpg

Good luck with the Solar Tanks.

aaaand done:

bppmF5r.jpg?1

Will have to see what else I can come up with, but also need to consider saving my AoD stuff for the ETL <_<

Okay, now you're just showing off. :lol: That's looking mighty fine, brother. Wish I were as fast at painting as you are. I hear you about saving for ETL. I'm in the process of making another Forge World order to replace some things I vowed here. Then again, it's always nice to have an excuse to buy more tanks. :) Edited by Semper Fortis

@ Captain Semper Oh hell yes, I'll take all the motivation I can get, Cap'n. At my age I use all mine just getting up in the morning. :smile.: So for the glory of the Emperor and Rogal Dorn, I vow a Consul Praevian. :thumbsup:

Edited about three times for messing up the quote, then finally gave up. Lack of motivation and all that. :laugh.:

Alright, Consul Praevian added! Good luck Fortis!

@ Vogon: Congratulations man, they look awesome! Any plans for more? 

@ Brother Pheidias: Hey this guy looks tough! :laugh.: Good job Pheidias, keep going! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

We’ll see.

The next thing I want to have a crack at is the titans thing. I’ve got a Reaver that needs painting. After that I will see how much time is left.

Cheers

Vogon

As in 40k-scale or AT scale? We cater for both! I really look forward to the see your take on such a grand model! Maybe consider it for the ETL

Completed:

Legion Delegatus (with jump pack, power sword and combat shield).

Work in Progress:

Five members of a Legion Tactical Veteran Squad.

Love the work on the shield: subtle and thus more effective! And a great use of the head! Keep going!

Forge lord all done and in the cabinet. :biggrin.:

So many things going on with this guy! Great work there sarabando, he certainly deserves a place of honour in the cabinet! 

Time for a small update, the smallest part of my vow is done. One Ordo Reductor Magos.

Now I just need to finish all the tanks for him to command. I don’t think I have painted a tank in over 10 years and am a little daunted in how to convert the colour scheme that I have so far used on bipeds only to a tank.

And now I better catch up with everybody else’s progress.

Small part of the vow may be but the result is stunning! Excellent pose and a great hat!

Ok, three units for Magos done. 2 Magos Prime and Caleb Decima. 

That puts me at 

Centurion- Done

Chaplain- Done

Champion- Done

Forgelord 3/12

Delegatus- Incomplete

Magos- Done

Legate Commander 2/3

Senschal- Incomplete

Princeps- Incomplete

That being said, I have made some decent progress on the Warbringer. I have almost completed the legs. I will need to build and paint a second Leman Russ tank here to get that 3/3 for Legate Commander, then I am just looking to finish a Primarch, Knight, and Titan. Saved the biggest for last I guess. 

Emperor save me, what have I done?

OK, Magos status: check! Keep going man, I really want to see how this will play out! Your work looks great - make sure you keep your standards in tact! If you run out of time, remember: The ETL is also coming... ;)

aaaand done:

Will have to see what else I can come up with, but also need to consider saving my AoD stuff for the ETL :dry.:

Well, you don't need to overextend yourself. Two more units will result in the title of the "Champion". These can even be single miniature units. Just saying...

Great progress guys and gals, this is great! Now keep the pace and bring that most fascinating setting to life! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT! 

Progress on the Raider has stalled because I'm still looking for the missing backpack!! Decided to make progress on the Command Squad, particularly because I want to add to the vow and figure these dudes will be the time consuming element....

Here are a few armless dudes --- I think that end unit will be a pleasant surprise

http://i65.tinypic.com/2rpcqj5.jpg

-claws back from the warp hinterlands- I yet live, I yet live. And now that I'm back from the warp, I have done some progress. Ugh, finally getting back into painting. -mutters grimly about livestock-

gallery_107230_14721_420186.jpg

Gotta do some eyes, some details, highlightning, blades, a whole lot of bolters (been deciding if I want white or black) and testing out some bases. But progress has been made.

Post Scriptum!:

Alright, got a few test bases done up, workin' on some other more dune-y martian red sorts. Opinions on any of em?

gallery_107230_14721_43424.jpeg

Edited by Vykes

StatusJoe, I think ya got me in the crazy department. A Nemesis warbringer EEeeeh?! It's terrific mate, just terrific :) Kudos to the highest order.

Lostreal, looking right ace, mate! right great! Nice soft neutral skin tones and great highlighting makes me really feel it (and definitely does the face justice. Lookin' top notch!

As for me. My first unit is now done. (I'll get some better pictures as soon as I get these bolt guns mounted for spraying, the gemmed red eyes rarely show well) But the first of Horus's wolves are loosed.

gallery_107230_14721_24278.jpg

Eventually I just settled on making my own Martian bases. The Mechanicus sector bases will go to the Alpha Legion.

VYKES! I was wondering when my favorite Canadian would show up! Stuff looks stellar as always man! Luna Wolves instead of Sons of Horus? Interesting. Interesting indeed.

Here's the finished tank I posted earlier. It's Anthem-21. I snapped a photo with the other tanks I have done, Roman-23 and Monarch-28 because the paint scheme is similar for all three. Roman-23 was the first Leman Russ I painted for the event. I forgot to pledge Monarch, and then finished Anthem. Who's next? Don't know yet, but I have a Titan, Knight and Primarch left to paint for this event, and a little over 30 days to do them in. Yikes.

gallery_106786_15196_233416.jpg

gallery_106786_15196_228334.jpg

Where does that bring my tally?

Centurion- Done

Chaplain- Done

Champion- Done

Forgelord 6/12 (Thank god a knight and Titan will get me 6 hp :P)

Delegatus- Incomplete

Magos- Done

Legate Commander- Done

Senschal- Incomplete

Princeps- Incomplete

Hah, the fun of rural Canada and working on a farm to help out someone on the Olympic team. It's been a long while, and I still ain't gonna quit. Lord Lupercal will not allow it!

Those Russes are lookin' rockin' my man, seriously wicked (one of my local blood sworn opponents just got himself a 'Celebration' Russ for finishing his loyal 32 detachment and uses it as an allied group to his wolves... I have a tendency to love and hate those tanks). They're lookin' great, always a big fan of armour. Hmm, I'd say go for the knight and titan, -laughs- I'll race ya as I got a primarch of my own that I need to work on (and another detachment after the Wolves are done).

Ah Luna Wolves, sneaky little pet project I really wanted to do. Yeah, it was meant as a little side project without delving too deep into a new full legion, and just because I kinda love power armour that happens to be white* I did this. (I built a DIY marine chapter in Dawn of War that was white with a bit of gold trim back when it first came out.... 15 years ago, before Horus Rising made White Luna Wolves a real thing instead of grey. Anyway, I migrated that back over and always wanted to do a white colour scheme for a small themed force. If I made a 5th or 12th legion force, well, y'know, once ya' pop ya' can't stop). So I built this Luna Wolves thing as a drop army based around the 65th that kinda ended badly on their earlier compliance 'incident'. This way, I can toss the force over as an allied group to bolster troop numbers for other players, and work as a centurion force.

Alright, bit of a miiiinor update then. Got the Luna Wolves on their bases but I still need to re-rim them (yay weathering powder) and do a fair number of bolt guns and melta guns. And attach some heads, mon dieu.

Bit of an odd question then: I still have a crest yet to paint on the champion and potentially Loken (haven't decided bare head or not) so should it be red, black, or striped white and red? Should have put some more transfers on them but I totally blanked it and missed my opportunity. Oh well.

gallery_107230_14721_225560.jpg

*avoiding the ever so easily misconstrued phrase.

THE TIME OF THE CHAPLAIN IS APPROACHING!

f4182fce3d0687722b6b7eeaf27e7531.jpg

Please bear in mind, for those that aim for the Chaplain title, the curtain drops in a week! So anyone who will have finished 3 HH units by March 15th will be eligible for the title. After that, the opportunity will be gone for ever!

So, I see great progress here - congrats everyone! :woot:

@ Vykes: Welcome back brother! I assume the squad you declared finished is actually the Reavers? Let me know if this is not the case. The bases look fantastic and the crest? pure red imo. If it is to stand out on the tabletop in a, mostly, white-ish army. 

@ JoaF: Great progress man! Should I mark the Castellan as complete? Do you plan to work the bases during the event, or will you do them after that? Let me know either way... :)

@ Stuka: Hey man - another III Legion fan! :tu: They look awesome - and the bases too!  Keep going - that purple rocks!

@ TheStatusJoe: OK then, three Auxilia units done, and it's Legate too for you! Now let's see that Knight and Titan making an appearance! Show us some WIP... :yes:

@ Lostrael: A good excuse? How about this is BEYOND AWESOME? Fantastic work man, you certainly don't want to rush it... It's gorgeous! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT! 

Aye, Cap'n!  Reavers are my first unit done (honestly wish I could have even more chain axes!)  Hopefully tomorrow I'll have not one more but potentially six more units done.  We'll see if I can pull that off (not too hard, mostly just finishign up weapons and few heads).  Alriiiight, red crest one, sounds right good. 

Joaof, right good looking Castellan there mate (sorry missed it earlier... rather, I had it typed up and just sorta never put it in my update thingie).  Mk II's are well on their way... man, I'd forgotten how many cables and greebles Castellax have on their back. 

And Stuka, them III legion boys are lookin' right spiffy.  Nice clean purple, great weapons and poses, always looks like fun, and then that dusty ground that really ties it all together.  It's a great gritty effect I really like.  

ive finished magnatising all my command squad and have primed all 5 marines, now heres the bad news, my airbrush was struggling to prime these boys so i took the nozzle off to clean it (huge wad of paint in the nozzle) and i put the nozzle down to clean the brush and now ive lost it :( cleared my workspace with a fine tooth comb looking for it and its slipped into the webway never to be seen again :'( its only a £2 part so its not a huge issue but **** me if i am going to go back to base coating like a pleb XD maybe i can focus on finishing the breachers who are at a brush work stage.

JoaoF, you'll in right good company here so we believ ein ya! (lets see if we can all make that one)

Ouch, it's not a steel nozzle either, right? (probably alluminum) long nosed bit from a badger style or a tiny nib sort? Hand brushing, the pleb way -laughs- yeah that's about right, eh? Least got most of them done up. Is it a part you can get at a shop nearby? Man, I need to rpelace a needle and not looking forward to waiting for it.

Hmm, interesting one, StatusJoe mate, monohcorme so more hoplite esque with black and white. Neat. Very neat idea. Black and red can work together (as with a plume I'd probably highlight the black in purple.

Well, mostly done (I'll call it and work on the 1-2 details in a few seconds)

I done got my praetor to a point I'm vaguely happy with him (no better wolves praetor than Loken... there is no Tarik model, bleh). Just a touch on metal and the leather strap.

gallery_107230_14721_11077.jpg

Aaaand some Catii.

gallery_107230_14721_3517.jpg

Edited by Vykes